The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Do It, Ross?

+3
HalCHorn
Degarmo
DolFan 316
7 posters

Go down

Why Do It, Ross?  Empty Why Do It, Ross?

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:16 pm

Why give Philbin a trip to London on your dime and then refuse to fire him over the bye after yet another capitulation, when everybody knows you're just going to wind up firing him before the seasons' out anyway?

Hell, *I* could "coach" this team to a 30-plus point loss to the Jets in London. Getting out of the house would do me some good.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Why Do It, Ross?  Empty Re: Why Do It, Ross?

Post by Degarmo Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:54 pm

Who gets the interim gig? Neither Coyle nor Lazor deserve shit.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:12 pm

I hear Jim Schwartz is still unemployed. Bring him in. At least then maybe the D would start acting like they gave a damn, if nothing else.

Yes, things have reached the point where the Fins would actually be better off committing 3-4 personal fouls a game, just to show people they care.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:28 pm

Degarmo wrote:Who gets the interim gig?  Neither Coyle nor Lazor deserve shit.

you could bring in anyone, I mean absolutely ANY unemployed coach, even Bumstedt, and it would not be a downgrade from what we have.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:32 pm

I'd let Dan Campbell do it. It'd be good experience for him, he's a real energy guy, and I get the feeling the players might really respond to him.

Then again, if they don't respond to the tune of 10+ wins, I'd rather just lose out and get the high pick.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:51 pm

Hell, at this point if my choice is one more week of Philbin or naming Miko Grimes the first female head coach in NFL history, I say put Miko on the sideline.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:25 am

Degarmo wrote:I'd let Dan Campbell do it.  It'd be good experience for him, he's a real energy guy, and I get the feeling the players might really respond to him.

Then again, if they don't respond to the tune of 10+ wins, I'd rather just lose out and get the high pick.

Knowing this team, if Campbell got promoted and they did pull it together and win 10 games, he'd just be let go afterwards and some other complete bum would be hired--after Ross tried and failed to land a big name, of course. This is a team that had Bowles and let him walk. And looking back they'd have been better off just keeping Bates as HC instead of the Saban debacle.

I've thought about it and am now firmly on the side of firing Philbin after the Jets loss and here's why--even if the Fins did lose out they'd only screw up the pick anyway. We know this since they blew the #2 overall pick in '05 (Brown), the top pick in '07 (Long, and he actually was good) and then wherever the hell Jordan was picked, #3 I think. Plus, keeping Philbin past the bye absolutely kills what's left of the fan base. I get the sense that these past two games really were the final straw for a lot of people. especially the ones who have been sunshine pumpers for years. It doesn't matter who you are, everybody has a limit of what they will take.

And besides, if the new guy fails then the team gets a high pick anyway, right? Smile At any rate, that seven game stretch I kept warning people about is now just two games away. They aren't winning more than 3 of those and that's if Philbin does get fired and the players decide to start trying a la '11. Otherwise I don't see them winning more than one--if that. If they don't beat the Titans and/or replace Philbin this team's likely staring 1-11 in the face. 2-10 at best.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:30 am

DolFan 316 wrote:I hear Jim Schwartz is still unemployed. Bring him in. At least then maybe the D would start acting like they gave a damn, if nothing else.

Yes, things have reached the point where the Fins would actually be better off committing 3-4 personal fouls a game, just to show people they care.

Won't happen they have to use someone that is already there and not bring in someone new. I have to say that Miami is going in a downward spiral. So what the point in bring in someone new that can't fix the issue. Fire Philbin and use Lazor then when the season is over fire everyone even the scouting team and start over from scratch.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:05 am

There's no way Coyle or Lazor should get the job - they are both terrible. I'd give the job to special teams coach Darren Rizzi. He's the longest-tenured of the 4 "main" coaches (head coach, OC, DC and STs), and he's the only coach who has his players playing at something approaching "decent".

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:20 am

JMP wrote:There's no way Coyle or Lazor should get the job - they are both terrible.  I'd give the job to special teams coach Darren Rizzi.  He's the longest-tenured of the 4 "main" coaches (head coach, OC, DC and STs), and he's the only coach who has his players playing at something approaching "decent".

That's probably the best feasible idea. Tannenbaum could then have 3 months to prepare for coaching interviews while Rizzi gets a 12 game audition.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:24 pm

I say if the Fins lose by more than 14 to the Jets Ross should make Philbin and his staff return home by boat.

Seriously.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:54 pm

Forget the boat make them swim
Triumph
Triumph

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:59 pm

Triumph wrote:Forget the boat make them swim

With cinder blocks tied to their ankles.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:05 pm

JMP wrote:
Triumph wrote:Forget the boat make them swim

With cinder blocks tied to their ankles.

Nah, I'd rather have Philbin, Coyle, Lazor, etc. live as long as possible to think about the mind-blowingly abysmal job they did this season and be reminded of it 24/7. Death would be letting them off way too easy Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:21 pm

It was clear early, when the Dolphins barely tried to tackle former Dolphin Charles Clay on a 25-yard touchdown, that Miami had checked out. Philbin can't get his team motivated anymore — it looked flat in the season opener against the Washington Redskins and again in Week 2 in a bad loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars — and the schemes aren't doing much either.

The Dolphins look uninterested in playing football this season. Their coach hasn't done much to inspire anyone. Whether it happens now or later, Philbin's time in Miami is done. Might as well make the move now and see if the season can be saved.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/why-wait--miami-dolphins--go-ahead-and-fire-joe-philbin-now-221411886.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:22 pm

Haha, I literally just now saw the link for that in another tab!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down