How to prepare for New England

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How to prepare for New England

Post by JMP on Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:03 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'd be pleasantly surprised by a win.

I just don't think a loss is an absolute certainty the way I would with Mr. Magoo leading his troops into Foxboro.

If Campbell even goes .500 over the last 12 games, it is an accomplishment IMO given how Ross handicapped this team by keeping Failbin around long enough to put us in an 0-2 hole in the division (on our HOME games with the Jets and Bills, no less) and 0-3 in the AFC.

And while we have 10 more games of evidence to gather, Campbell's first two are every bit as impressive as Bowles' two wins in '11, if not more so.  Bowles lost the third game, to a New England team headed to the SB, but we made it close.

We would have been much been much better off keeping the interim coach who impressed last time.  Actually, we would have been better off keeping Bates in '04 than signing the snake oil salesman too.  

Just something to consider if Campbell has this team competing hard the rest of the way, regardless of record.

I agree, and this season more than ever the "any given Sunday" axiom applies. So yeah, the Dolphins can absolutely beat the Patriots in New England...I just have a hard time believing they will.

As for Campbell, I'm already convinced that he's the right man for the job. It's not about the two wins - it's about his philosophy, his way of doing things and his ability to relate to the players and get them to buy in to his program. He looks the part of a head coach, and he's very competent and motivational, and has shown that he will adapt and make changes. He's got attitude, and his emphasis on competition and aggression is exactly what this team needs. He may be inexperienced, but he clearly knows what he's doing. There's no way the Phins are going to find a better candidate in the offseason IMHO - absolutely no way. Now, I reserve the right to change my mind if things go south in a hurry, but to this point I really don't see any reason not to give Campbell the job - he's got everything you'd want, except experience...but he'll be getting 12 games of experiences this season, which is more than many/most of the coordinators and position coaches we'd be looking at.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How to prepare for New England

Post by DolFan 316 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:31 am

There is no preparing for New England. It would literally be a more productive use of time to prepare for a hurricane, tornado, cancer, or one's own death.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top