That Went About As Planned

View previous topic View next topic Go down

That Went About As Planned

Post by Degarmo on Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:25 pm

As aggravating as it is to get stomped by the Patriots, there's no way anyone should have believed this game would have gone any different. Dan Campbell looks to be a solid coach, and this is not on him at all. There is a lack of talent on the Dolphins right now. They got curbstomped by a far superior team on the field. We are who we thought we were.

Now, that said, the season isn't over. They can beat Buffalo with physical football - something they never even attempted under Queasy Magoo. I think this upcoming slate of games isn't as terribly difficult as other folks do. I think we can match up with these teams and win a good amount of games.

However, we're not going to be winning anything clutch, and we're not going to the playoffs, and we're not going to win the division.

If Campbell can get this team to 8-8 this year, there should be no head coach search, only a search for an offensive coordinator who doesn't think he's smarter than having good talent on the field, and FOR GOD'S SAKE SOMEONE FIND PLAYERS FOR THIS FUCKING OFFENSIVE LINE ALREADY!

We just aren't good enough to beat teams like the Patriots, because we don't have the players to do it.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: That Went About As Planned

Post by JMP on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:32 am

I'm predicting 0-6 in the division this season. This Dolphins team is just too soft. The Jets, Bills and Pats are all tough teams that push weak teams around, and we just can't compete. If we could field a team of 53 Dan Campbells, we'd have a fighting chance. But all we have are a bunch of weak-ass sissies, and it all starts with the biggest pussy of them all, Ryan Tannehill. Sure, the guy can take a beating...but in every big game he's ever played as a Dolphin, he's done nothing but shit the bed. Franchise QB my ass. I'm done with him.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:07 am

I'll wait until after the Bills game, but if they lose that one than yeah, 0-6 it shall be.

Losing is one thing, even a close loss would've made a statement that this was (finally) a different team. But nope, looks like the Same Old Fins after all. That burial ground curse sure did kick in with a vengeance Evil or Very Mad

Looks like my initial instincts were right about the players. These are the same guys who flat out quit the first four games. Now, we can argue 24/7 about whether or not they were justified because Philbin and Coyle, yada yada but the bottom line is, these are still highly paid professionals who decided they just didn't want to bother doing their jobs for a month. I'm not sure anybody can fix that kind of attitude, at least not long term. This might not be a team full of criminals and jerkasses, but the vast majority of them have no character nonetheless.

The Pats are going 19-0 this season. They're actually going to do it. Who's going to stop them, the ancient corpse of Peyton and the Bengals? My interest in the NFL just got even lower, and I didn't think that was possible. Then again, I didn't think it was possible for this offense to only score 7 tonight either.

Meh.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:06 am

Here's the thing, even if Campbell is the next Don Shula, they're not winning more than 9 games. They don't have the players. They have a SERIOUS TALENT DEFICIT AT SOME KEY POSITIONS.

It was nice to see us clean the floor with shit teams. That's something we didn't do before Campbell, so that's an improvement, but the whole chicken salad out of chicken shit theme still resides here. Just changing the head coach and firing a shitty coordinator won't make us competitors.

Now, I'm hoping to see if Campbell can get these guys' heads back in the game, because if he can do that, we don't need to search for a coach.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:09 am

Also, just to make sure this is said, the defense played very well for three quarters. The offense shit the bed tonight, and in a big way, which is why so many folks are looking at Tannehill and shaking their heads, that weren't doing that before. This kid has a long row to hoe to get back any trust from the "fanboys" like me. That said, I'm rooting like hell for him to do it, because I'm not sure when we're going to get a franchise QB pick again.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:28 am

The sad part is, this team can still get 8, even 9 wins because almost everyone else in the league this season decided to suck and just hand the Pats 19-0 without a fight. Mock the Colts for that fake punt thingie all you want, but at least they TRIED to beat the Pats. I'd rather lose with desperate, gimmicky calls that are epic fails then just laying down like the Fins did. It's not as if any other team left on the schedule is all that good. But it still won't prove a damn thing except that the Fins are still nowhere near good enough to even begin to think about competing for a title. And any "improvement" they make under Campbell will be no better than a lot of fans expected anyway from the start.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top