Post by JMP on Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:19 am

Well done. Pretty much sums up the life of a Dolfan. Sad

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Had To Share This

Post by white1 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:07 pm

I saw Campbell's post game press conference yesterday.

He is speaking well after a loss. Definitely head coach material based on composure, poise and communication.

Our roster is so, so bad. We'll certainly blow it all up end of year. With the exception of Tannehill and Suh.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:12 pm

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:16 pm

Wow, that Armando article was a tearjerker. Outstanding piece of writing.

One point Armando brought up is one that I often think about: Who is the face of this franchise?

There is not one player - not one - that we as Dolfans can even remotely 'hang our hat on' and say, "Well, at least we have [player X]." Sure, we have Suh - but he's a defensive tackle and not a public figure, and he hasn't been with Miami long enough to be a true Dolphins. Wake is a great player, but he's not the larger-than-life 'star power' figure that constitutes "face of the franchise". The QB often stands out on most teams, but our QB is a loser and has the personality of my desk. It's just a boring, faceless tem with no direction. I can't imagine why anyone new would want to root for the Phins...hell, I can't even figure out why long-time fans like me even care about them anymore! It's sad to see how this once-proud franchise became a perennially burning and stinking dumpster fire.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:51 pm

The end of that, "I hope they realize they've also hurt their fans."

My point of view, they know, and they could not care less.  They've got their money, fuck the fans.

That's the way I see it.  I'd love to be wrong, but I'm really not, not in the real sense.  There might be a lot of lip service to the effect of that not being true, and I'm sure some guys do care, but in reality, it's nothing to them.  Not a damn thing, neither is winning for the city, even though they all say they do it for "the best fans on the planet".  They're lying, nearly all of them.  Tom Brady doesn't care any more about New England than he does London, England.  If they moved the Pats tomorrow to LA, he'd be happier, because he'd be closer to home.

That is what it is.  There are some good guys, but in today's game, I feel like most of them just don't really give a crap about the fans, at all.  Hell, they don't respect the game, the old vets that came before them, each other, themselves, or their wives/loved ones.  Why would they care about the fans?
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:10 pm

I've said all along that Armando isn't just a columnist or some "media guy". he's a fan just like everyone else. That's what separates him from the rest (coughOmarcough). You can see it in pretty much everything he writes lately that he's just as angry as the rest of us at what's happened.

Degarmo wrote:There are some good guys, but in today's game, I feel like most of them just don't really give a crap about the fans, at all.  Hell, they don't respect the game, the old vets that came before them, each other, themselves, or their wives/loved ones.  Why would they care about the fans?

I know when I watched the games one of the things I couldn't stand to see was players from both teams just casually chatting it up after big games, playoff games even, with the ones from the losing team acting about as upset as a man sitting on a beach. Sportsmanship is one thing, but these guys are out there arranging golf dates and inviting each other to strip clubs when one team's season has just died or close to it.

But it's even more than that. These guys not only don't care about fans, they don't care about human life period. The ONLY thing in the past 30 years that's ever united the Players' Association is...their "right" to commit as much crime as they please. THAT's the one issue they ALL get up in arms about. And then they go on the field and casually try to end each others' seasons and careers, and not a one of them cares even about THAT until they're personally on the receiving end or it costs their team a star player.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph on Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:47 am

New qb new coach new gm
will not matter
The issues start at the top and trickle all the way down through out this team k

So long as the owner keeps doing half measures bah they will suck.

Nothing like the growing sense of dread every week as Sunday approaches. Fuck what pain will I have to endure this week? Oh fantastic philly is going to run the ball down our throats. Has a team ever had 3 running backs get 100 yards because I think MATTHEWS Murray and sproles will all get 100.
Triumph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:43 am

Triumph wrote:Has a team ever had 3 running backs get 100 yards because I think MATTHEWS Murray and sproles will all get 100.  

I don't know if that's ever happened...my guess would be no, but I'm sure 316 or Hal can let us know for sure!

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the three Philly backs ran for 100 yards each this weekend. Hell, no team ever had two 100+ yard rushers and a 150+ yard receiver in a game before the Bills accomplished it against the Dolphins last week. If you want to set a record...play the Phins!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:40 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sproles get 100 on the ground, 100 receiving and 100 in return yardage.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:22 pm

Well guys, I can safely say that no team has ever had three 100-plus yard rushers in a game. The closest I could find was this one.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/196110010kan.htm

So yes, the Fins really can make history Laughing

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top