The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins could be dangerous down the stretch

+4
HalCHorn
JMP
white1
rightchea
8 posters

Go down

Dolphins could be dangerous down the stretch Empty Dolphins could be dangerous down the stretch

Post by rightchea Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:02 am

James Walker wrote:There was a renewed sense of optimism in the Miami Dolphins' locker room Sunday night at Lincoln Financial Field. The team had just pulled out a gritty 20-19 win over the Eagles that included overcoming a season-high 13-point deficit.

The win didn't necessarily save Miami's season, but players and coaches agreed that it did breathe some life into a group that was previously on life support. At 4-5, the Dolphins still have a fighting chance in the jumbled AFC. Ten of the 16 teams in the conference have at least four wins in what should be a wild race for the two wild-card spots.

As a result, the talented but sometimes underachieving Dolphins have a "why not us?" feel down the stretch.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/78819/dolphins-could-be-dangerous-down-the-stretch

Someone is giving Miami too much hope. As long as Miami can't win in their division then Miami will not go to the playoffs.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Dolphins could be dangerous down the stretch Empty Re: Dolphins could be dangerous down the stretch

Post by white1 Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:06 am

I tend to agree. Show me a win against Dallas at home, my interest level increases a bit.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Dolphins could be dangerous down the stretch Empty Re: Dolphins could be dangerous down the stretch

Post by rightchea Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:35 am

I have to see Miami beating the Jets then I will say okay.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:40 am

The Jets game comes in a bit, one at a time. Dallas first.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:16 pm

As I said in another thread, playoff talk is foolish unless you believe we can get to 10 wins. I don't. 6-1 the rest of the way for this Dolphins team? Ha! Not a chance.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:23 pm

8-8 at the end of the season would be a major accomplishment IMO, and even at 7-9 Campbell would deserve strong consideration for the job.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:28 pm

HalCHorn wrote:8-8 at the end of the season would be a major accomplishment IMO, and even at 7-9 Campbell would deserve strong consideration for the job.  

Yes, that is a much more realistic look at it. And I agree - Campbell should absolutely get a fair crack at the job if he can get this team to 7 or 8 wins.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:28 pm

Yes dangerous to the people in the endzone when TanneSACK is giving up the weekly safeties.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:53 pm

The Jags loss is going to be the killer. These days a team could actually go 0-6 in their division and still make the playoffs if they win the rest of the games, but that Jags loss (the only non-divisional loss so far BTW) just screws everything up.

There honestly may be a record number of 4-win teams after 9 games of a season this year. I'll have to do the research but I cannot remember any other time when there were so many teams under .500 at this point.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:48 am

Let's see, the cowgirls have lost what 7 games in a row now? It would be SO Dolphins to break that losing streak. And, this I'd supposed to be the rerun of Tony ..omo. Look for a HOF fame performance from the Cowboys QB. It would be SO Dolphins. I just CAN NOT get my hopes up anymore. I refuse. In other news. My new local team, the Redskinsc have seemingly righted the ship. Mind you I do not root for them, I iust work 5 minutes away from FedEx Field.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:04 pm

Two starting linebackers are out add it to the list of problems Campbell has to solve. I read on Twitter McCain is working with linebackers hopefully only as a contingency.

Our front office is every bit complicit in our failure this year as philbin. If not more so
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:26 pm

white1 wrote:Two starting linebackers are out add it to the list of problems Campbell has to solve. I read on Twitter McCain is working with linebackers hopefully only as a contingency.

Our front office is every bit complicit in our failure this year as philbin. If not more so

McCain is getting totally dicked around by this team. I don't think much of him as a player, but this constant shifting between LB and DE is clearly destroying any development he could be making. Decide where you want him to play, and keep him there. And that position should be DE in this 4-3 scheme. Moving him to a different position every couple of weeks is not helping anyone.

It would not surprise me at all if the LB play actually improved Sunday without Jenkins and especially Misi. Having Misi on the sidelines makes this defense better through addition by subtraction...so sick of watching him screw up every game.

As for the front office, I hated the Dennis Hickey hire the second it was made, and now everyone can see why: the guy is in over his head and doesn't know how to build a roster. And Tannenbaum just makes things harder by throwing as much money as possible at big-name free agents. What a disaster.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:50 pm

This team could be dangerous down the stretch certainly. But to whom??? Their opponents or the already ravaged psyche of their fans?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:55 pm

Fans. Hands down.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:15 pm

I have a hard time seeing HOW the Phins can be dangerous....

The defense sucks prune pits out of a nursing home dumpster IMO.

The offense is schizoid to the point of some days they should be wearing tutus.

Against the Cowboys...who knows?

Maybe the Tannehill pendulum will swing back from "So Inconsistent he makes Grown men CRY" and toward "He MAY be heading towards Franchise good".

Maybe the Defense will LUCK into some pressure on Romo. Maybe the Defense will not get gashed by the running game. Sometimes, it looks like the defenders are afraid the RB has Ebola!!

My guess is, the Phins get pummelled.

And I agree....Misi is just OKAY. The fact he is considered good by this staff speaks VOLUMES on what is wrong with the team IMO.

What we have to hope does not happen is the defense gets called like they think the young guys are going to screw up, so they play that PREVENT brand of defense all day and give Romo huge amounts of time and WIDE OPEN Receivers all over the field.

But that is my guess on what happens; thus the prediction of a Phins beat down.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:35 pm

I can totally see the Cowboys coming in with a run-heavy offense, bludgeoning us to death with 6, 8, 10 and 12 yard runs. Then going over the top to Dez Bryant who will be covered by an exhausted DB and burned for big score after big score.

I just feel a drubbing coming on. And God do I hope I'm wrong, I've already seen way too many this year. Way too many.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:45 pm

white1 wrote:I just feel a drubbing coming on.  And God do I hope I'm wrong, I've already seen way too many this year.  Way too many.

Oh come on, it's only been three Razz Laughing

But seriously, there have been just ten teams in franchise history with more than 3 losses in a season by 14 or more. What's disturbing is that three of the ten have been in the past five years. I don't see how this team won't avoid joining them and maybe even tie for second with 6 such drubbings. But we'll see. At any rate, I'll likely be snoozing away as usual  Cool

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=season&year_min=1966&year_max=2015&game_type=R&playoff_round=&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&game_day_of_week=&game_time=&time_zone=&game_location=&surface=&roof=&stadium_id=&temperature_gtlt=lt&temperature=&game_result=L&overtime=&league_id=&team_id=mia&team_conf_id=&team_div_id=&opp_id=&opp_conf_id=&opp_div_id=&team_off_scheme=&team_def_align=&opp_off_scheme=&opp_def_align=&conference_game=&division_game=&tm_is_playoff=&opp_is_playoff=&tm_is_winning=&opp_is_winning=&tm_scored_first=&tm_led=&tm_trailed=&tm_won_toss=&c1stat=points_diff&c1comp=lt&c1val=-14&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5comp=&c5gtlt=lt&c6mult=1.0&c6comp=&order_by=game_date

Also, I just want to say that the FF of old suddenly showing up is a pleasant surprise and he needs to stay for awhile. This sleeping giant needs to keep awake Razz Very Happy cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down