The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE: DION JORDAN SUSPENDED FOR ONE YEAR! [Dion Jordan a no show at voluntary camp]

+7
mercury22nathan
HalCHorn
CarsonChris
DolFan 316
JEGnj
JMP
Birdmond
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

UPDATE: DION JORDAN SUSPENDED FOR ONE YEAR!   [Dion Jordan a no show at voluntary camp] - Page 2 Empty Re: UPDATE: DION JORDAN SUSPENDED FOR ONE YEAR! [Dion Jordan a no show at voluntary camp]

Post by Degarmo Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:55 am

Never trade up for a gamble, ever, ever, never, ever, ever. One on ten works out.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: DION JORDAN SUSPENDED FOR ONE YEAR!   [Dion Jordan a no show at voluntary camp] - Page 2 Empty Re: UPDATE: DION JORDAN SUSPENDED FOR ONE YEAR! [Dion Jordan a no show at voluntary camp]

Post by white1 Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:14 am

Leave it to Ireland to choose and make a trade up to #3 overall, only to draft one of the worse top 5 pick BUSTS in the last decade. His performance summed up in a single move.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:00 pm

white1 wrote:Leave it to Ireland to choose and make a trade up to #3 overall, only to draft one of the worse top 5 pick BUSTS in the last decade.  His performance summed up in a single move.

And Ross STILL didn't actually fire him, he resigned!!! Most DolFans don't realize that.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:37 pm

Well, we're now in the second week of voluntary camp, and Jordan is still absent.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2015/04/week-two-of-offseason-conditioning-jordan-still-a-no-show.html

The second week of the Miami Dolphins offseason conditioning program began for the Miami Dolphins in earnest Monday morning.

Just not for Dion Jordan.

Jordan, absent from the first week of the voluntary workouts, was absent again today.

And while today's absence is only about, well, today, it suggests Jordan likely isn't going to join the program this week, either.

The ironic thing? I'm hearing Jordan has been in town recently. So this is not about staying home and working out with a trusted personal trainer or workout buddy.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:08 am

Jordan's been spending this time packing up everything he owns for a relocation. Book it, Danno Cool

Chances are he already knows where he's going as well.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:00 am

mercury22nathan wrote:perhaps (and my hope) this is a guy who the Phins told to stay away from the team facility in anticipation of a trade?

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article19425177.html

Miami Herald wrote:A Dolphins source confirmed Friday the team did not ask him to skip the program as a precursor to a trade. Indeed, the team expected him at the conditioning program just like everyone else.

well, there went that idea.

so he's in town and not working out.  could this be that his agent or perhaps another team (cough, cough Chip Kelly) is advising him to stay away from the Phins in the hope of driving his trade value even further down?  of course based on his lack of production and previous drug test failures, you wouldn't think his trade value could get any lower, but...

Miami Herald wrote:The only thing that might keep him around is it would actually cost Miami $1 million more against the salary cap to trade Jordan than to keep him and no team is likely to give anything of high value as compensation anyway.

any offer would have to be of high enough compensation to make it worthwhile for Miami to swallow the additional dead money on the salary cap.

the alternative theory is...  it takes 4 to 6 weeks (for an average person, less for an athlete who trains hard and perspires more bodily fluids) for the body to eliminate marijuana residue such that a test would result in a negative finding.  once a player reports to the team facility, they are eligible for random drug testing (mandatory for those in the substance abuse program).  perhaps Dion just couldn't stay away from the wacky weed (or perhaps worse) in the off-season and he's now trying to buy more time before he has to be tested.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:22 am

Jordan is just a disaster right now. I can't wait to see what the Phins do with him...I hope they give up on him at this point, and hopefully get something for him.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:43 pm

it is official. Dion Jordan suspended for 1 year.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:55 pm

Birdmond wrote:it is official. Dion Jordan suspended for 1 year.  

Wow...can't say I'm surprised...figured something like this was coming...what a colossal waste.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-dion-jordan-suspended-for-all-of-2015-season-20150428-story.html?track=rss

Dolphins defensive end Dion Jordan will miss the 2015 season after another violation of the NFL’s substance-abuse policy, ESPN reported and the Sun-Sentinel confirmed.

Jordan, the third overall pick in the 2013 draft, was suspended the first six games of last season as a result of violations of the drug test policy. He will not appeal the suspension, ESPN’s Adam Schefer reporter.

This latest violation wasn’t the result of a positive drug test, according to ESPN. Jordan did not fail a drug test, but the NFL determined one of his test samples was diluted. That resulted in his suspension, according to a positive tespolicy rules.

This latest incident happened weeks ago and was well- known within the Dolphins facility, a source told the Sun-Sentinel. It led to Jordan deciding not to practice with the team for voluntary off-season workouts even though he could have continued practicing under league rules.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:03 pm

I'm actually glad no one's around to defend Ireland on this one.

Nobody could FOX News their way around this guy's rep now. Well done Dion, and goodbye.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:09 pm

Why are we waiting to release him? It makes us look only dumber if we don't cut him right now.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:10 pm

white1 wrote:Why are we waiting to release him? It makes us look only dumber if we don't cut him right now.

This may be why they wait:

Andrew Abramson        
@AbramsonPBP

So #Dolphins might just cut Dion Jordan after June 1st and take the loss: they'd be responsible for $3 million on cap but free up $2.3 mil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:11 pm

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2015/04/dion-jordan-suspended-for-2015-season.html

A source tells the Miami Herald the Dolphins have been trying to trade Jordan since March. They have spoken to a dozen teams who showed interest. The Philadelphia Eagles showed the most interest and one source said a deal could have been made during the draft.

At one point the sides were discussing a deal that included Philadelphia guard Evan Mathis but that idea was dismissed by the Dolphins. The teams would more likely have exchanged Jordan for a later round draft pick.

No deal will be made now.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:17 pm

I never thought I'd be glad about the clause Aponte fought for on the Tannehill contract. May actually allow the team to recoup some money in this case, I think.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:22 pm

At this point, I don't care about the cap hit at all...I just want this bum off the team! Evil or Very Mad

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:59 pm

I would like to dedicate this song to Dion Jordan:

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:42 pm

I knew that he was a waste when he got drafted. They should allow everyone that bought his jersey to get a replacement for free.

WHAT UP everyone this is the same ole me.....

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:52 pm

Degarmo wrote:I'm actually glad no one's around to defend Ireland on this one.

Even *I* can't imagine the metaphorical massacre that would ensue if someone tried that Shocked Laughing

white1 wrote:I never thought I'd be glad about the clause Aponte fought for on the Tannehill contract.  May actually allow the team to recoup some money in this case, I think.

Knowing how this team operates, she probably forgot to put that into Jordan's contract. Seriously, I wouldn't even be fazed at all if that was the case.

rightchea wrote:I knew that he was a waste when he got drafted. They should allow everyone that bought his jersey to get a replacement for free.

Well, at least something positive resulted from this. Welcome, Rightchea!!! Very Happy cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:54 pm

rightchea wrote:I knew that he was a waste when he got drafted. They should allow everyone that bought his jersey to get a replacement for free.

That's a great idea, but did anyone actually buy a Jordan jersey??? Wink

rightchea wrote:

cheers cheers cheers

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:01 pm

I bought a Jordan jersey, dammit Evil or Very Mad I was duped by the person selling it to me into thinking it was a Michael Jordan jersey. I should've known something was up when I saw the Dolphins colors...

Wink

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:42 pm

So with Dion Jordan's suspension you can kiss Gurley or Parker good bye. With Shane Ray AND Randy Gregory having drug issues you can drop them out of the top 13. Dion Jordan: The gift that keeps on giving.

I don't see any way Gordon is not the BPA at 14.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:17 pm

Ding Ding Ding. You guys got it right. He didn't show up because he couldn't piss in a cup. What a toolbag this guy is.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:44 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I bought a Jordan jersey, dammit Evil or Very Mad I was duped by the person selling it to me into thinking it was a Michael Jordan jersey. I should've known something was up when I saw the  Dolphins colors...

Wink

Definitely demand another jersey. Sorry that you wasted your money.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:00 pm

Haha, I was joking Razz I never have bought a player's jersey and I never will for exactly this sort of reason.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:22 am

I have only three words. Fuck jeff fireland!!!!!!!
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next