The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Day Fins at Jets

+5
CarsonChris
scotgif
JMP
white1
JEGnj
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Game Day Fins at Jets Empty Game Day Fins at Jets

Post by JEGnj Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:09 am

What was once my favorite game of the year is now just a battle of the doomed franchises. I turned down ridiculously overpriced tickets for today's game.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Game Day Fins at Jets Empty Re: Game Day Fins at Jets

Post by white1 Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:35 am

<deep sigh>

Ok. Here we go.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:21 am

Jets push the weak-ass Dolphins around all game, and win easily.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:23 am

Going to watch the game with my nephews who are Jets fan. Probably won't be posting much today. Just hope to beat the Jets and Giants this year.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:17 pm

So, D hold jests on 4th and gets ball to o at the jests 44 and hennehill gains a whopping FOUR yards and we punt it back to the jests. First few plays, we have three players banged up already. Here we go.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:25 pm

Right on cue, hennehill with the pick in red zone. Can we just put matt no moore than a backup in. That is the only hope for Campbell to keep the job. Coach killer hennehill strikes again.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:56 pm

This team is garbage and the shit on the field isn't watchable!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:58 pm

The d is actually playing good today, but with absolutely zero support from hennehill and the o, it's just a matter of time before the break. This is really pathetic.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:05 pm

We have an offensieve line and a QB that both need replacing.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:38 pm

This team sucks.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:06 pm

What a shifty gutless performance. Bye Campbell.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:09 pm

I don't think anything changes with Tannenbaum either. This is like Groundhog Day only it never changes.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:47 pm

Pathetic.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:12 pm

Degarmo wrote:What a shifty gutless performance.  Bye Campbell.

They look the exact same under Campbell as they did with Philbin, except for the initial six quarter spike. Even I, the Potentate Of Pessimism, didn't think that would happen Shocked

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:13 pm

CarsonChris wrote:I don't think anything changes with Tannenbaum either. This is like Groundhog Day only it never changes.

Burial ground curse. Only explanation that makes sense at this point.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:15 pm

As long as the Patriots keep winning and go undefeated then I think it will break the curse.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:18 pm

rightchea wrote:As long as the Patriots keep winning and go undefeated then I think it will break the curse.

Not worth it. SO not worth it Evil or Very Mad

At this point I must praise and applaud JEGnj for his tremendous courage. Because that's what it takes to keep posting a game day thread every week. I know I wouldn't be able to keep it up for this long.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:58 pm

Every effort in a divisional game this year has been truly pathetic.

The Pats will likely be 14-1 and not even trying in the season finale, so the streak of double digit losses might end.

Travis Landry showed up and played a good game, but he was the sole bright spot I could see. 58 passes and 9 rushes? Damien Williams back returning kickoffs after what we saw in Philly? (And running one out from 8 yards deep and ending up tackled at the 12, costing us 8 yards of field position.)

Campbell isn't getting that 6-6 record that would give him a legit shot at the gig. He should, because Baltimore and San Diego are both very beatable and both the Giants and Colts could be had as well. But I'd be surprised if we end up better than 6-10. 5-11 wouldn't surprise me.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:05 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Every effort in a divisional game this year has been truly pathetic.

The Pats will likely be 14-1 and not even trying in the season finale, so the streak of double digit losses might end.

Still holding out hope for the Broncos to beat them, eh? Gotta love your optimism Laughing cheers

The Pats might not be trying if they come in 14-1, but the Fins won't be either.

Campbell isn't getting that 6-6 record that would give him a legit shot at the gig.  He should, because Baltimore and San Diego are both very beatable and both the Giants and Colts could be had as well.  But I'd be surprised if we end up better than 6-10.  5-11 wouldn't surprise me.

Funny how I predicted this exact kind of season before it began. Actually funny's not the right word, depressingly sad is far more apropos.

Now I think the only other win will be over the Chargers BTW. Only because this team seems to have this weird knack of looking unnaturally good against them.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:11 pm

BTW the Pats ran it just 9 times for 16 yards against this same Jets team and won, scoring 30 in the process. Then again, Tannehill is pretty much the Anti-Brady now.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:19 pm

I just realized something, why did any one of us morons believe for one second this team wasn't going to suck with an interim head coach, a dearth of talent, and a ton of injuries?

This team is performing exactly the way they should be performing.

The Dolphins are not good at all. They have little talent at most positions, and what talent they do have can't do a damn thing. Their coaching staff sucks and is held together by dreams and spittle.

When I take a step back and look at it from the outside, I'm surprised we're 4-7, to be honest.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:33 pm

Degarmo wrote:When I take a step back and look at it from the outside, I'm surprised we're 4-7, to be honest.

If they played any other NFC division but the East, they'd be 2-9 so yeah.

Fins already were 25th in point differential, I expect that to be worse.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:02 am

[quote="DolFan 316"]
HalCHorn wrote:Every effort in a divisional game this year has been truly pathetic.

Still holding out hope for the Broncos to beat them, eh? Gotta love your optimism  Laughing  cheers

Looks like my optimism wasn't unfounded.

I'm not so sure they won't lose at New York as well.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:01 am

Just, really tough to watch.

We get the ball with good field position not once, but TWICE to start the 1st quarter and come away with... no points.

Lazor's offense is such crap. Armando did a nice writeup today and he is totally on point, the offense it was born from is failing in Philadelphia, so why should we be surprised it's failing here too? It's a bullshit college gimmick that every DC in the NFL knows how to shut down.

If I were Campbell I would fire Lazor today, and promote anyone on staff who can call plays out of the I formation. I'd work all week on about 12 different running plays, with play action off those plays. I'm serious. You think our offense wouldn't improve?

Campbell is gone, no doubt, and IMO the #1 factor is building a staff, and even the casual fan can see he's way too young to have the connections to build an experienced staff. We will clean house, and Tannenbaum will hand pick his new GM and Head Coach.

One final, depressing note. Tweet from Armando yesterday with a picture before the game - Aponte, Marino and Ross. He called it the "Circle of Power". If Tannenbaum is head of all football operations, how is THIS the circle of power? Do we still have some twisted, fucked up facsimile of a real team structure going on in the front office? God damn it.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:57 am

white1 wrote:Just, really tough to watch.

Then stop. Join me in sleeping in on Sundays. You'll be better of on so many levels.

If I were Campbell I would fire Lazor today...

Looks like you got your wish Very Happy cheers

One final, depressing note.  Tweet from Armando yesterday with a picture before the game - Aponte, Marino and Ross.  He called it the "Circle of Power".  If Tannenbaum is head of all football operations, how is THIS the circle of power? Do we still have some twisted, fucked up facsimile of a real team structure going on in the front office? God damn it.

You should be glad at least ONE person whose not an ex-Jet is in there. I'm officially convinced this is all a demented, devious, dastardly plot by Ross to ruin the Fins from within. Just ask yourself, would the Pats ever hire so many ex-Jet employees to run THEIR team?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next