BREAKING NEWS: Bill Lazor fired

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bill Lazor Fired

Post by rightchea on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:38 am

Micheal Smith wrote:After the Dolphins’ first ugly loss to the Jets this season, they fired head coach Joe Philbin. After the Dolphins’ second ugly loss to the Jets on Sunday, they’ve fired offensive coordinator Bill Lazor.

Lazor was let go this morning, Thayer Evans of Sports Illustrated reports. There’s no word on who will take Lazor’s place as the Dolphins’ offensive coordinator for the rest of the season.

There’s been talk of dissension in Miami about the state of the offense, with interim head coach Dan Campbell seemingly having a different philosophy than Lazor. We noted yesterday that Lazor has limited quarterback Ryan Tannehill’s ability to change plays at the line of scrimmage, and that may be contributing to Tannehill’s lack of development as a quarterback.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/30/dolphins-fire-offensive-coordinator-bill-lazor/

I am but not really surprised.....

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Bill Lazor fired

Post by JMP on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:40 am

YES!!!! The news I've been waiting for since last season - Bill Lazor gets shit-canned for his pathetic playcalling. He should be arrested for stealing money from the Dolphins. Good riddance to this bullshit snake-oil salesman.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2015/11/bill-lazor-fired-zac-taylor-new-oc.html
Armando wrote:
When the head coach calls the offense "anemic right now" it cannot be good news for the offensive coordinator.

And that is exactly right as today the Miami Dolphins fired offensive coordinator Bill Lazor after less than two years on the job, per a source.

A source tells me QB coach Zac Taylor, is replacing Lazor the final five games of the season. He will be the primary play-caller and remain as QB coach.

The Dolphins underperformed on offense this year. They have been outscored 172-72 in five games, all losses, to AFC East opponents. That's an average score of 34-14.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Bill Lazor fired

Post by white1 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:18 am

Good move. Only wish it had happened the same week Philbin and Coyle were fired. One possible reason, needed Saunders to come in and understand current system first. Clearly, Zac Taylor is in way over his head so he will need a veteran to lean on.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:19 am

Second best possible news that could've happened today, and only because the Pats lost Very Happy cheers

The only question is, why the HELL it took so long???

Good luck finding another NFL job, Lazor. Maybe some high school will take him. As a janitor.

I have no idea why 95% of all NFL coaches have to either be macho meatheads straight out of an 80s flick or hoity toity snobs who literally think they're the smartest people on the planet despite mountains of evidence to the contrary.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:35 am

While this firing is justified (and much desired), it is too little, too late. The die has been cast for this team and they crapped out. Any moves from here on out (really from about week 9 forward) are meaningless. The true change must come in the offseason when the Phins (Tannenbaum) begin about the process of completely starting over.

mercury22nathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:42 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Second best possible news that could've happened today, and only because the Pats lost Very Happy cheers

The only question is, why the HELL it took so long???

Good luck finding another NFL job, Lazor. Maybe some high school will take him. As a janitor.

I have no idea why 95% of all NFL coaches have to either be macho meatheads straight out of an 80s flick or hoity toity snobs who literally think they're the smartest people on the planet despite mountains of evidence to the contrary.

He will get another chance at coaching in the NFL. If not there are tons of college position opening up by the hour.

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:43 am

mercury22nathan wrote:While this firing is justified (and much desired), it is too little, too late.  The die has been cast for this team and they crapped out.  Any moves from here on out (really from about week 9 forward) are meaningless.  The true change must come in the offseason when the Phins (Tannenbaum) begin about the process of completely starting over.

Very true, and it's not like Zac Taylor - who is even more unqualified than Lazor was - is going to make any kind of difference. He sure hasn't done Tannehill any favors as the QB coach.

There will be a complete overhaul this offseason - although "complete" is a relative term in Dolphins land. New GM, new coaching staff, a very different roster. I have zero confidence in Tannenbaum to get it right, but I am interested to at least see what he does with this mess.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:45 am

rightchea wrote:He will get another chance at coaching in the NFL. If not there are tons of college position opening up by the hour.

I'd be shocked if Lazor is coaching in the NFL next season. I just don't see any way he gets a job - not after what he did in Miami, combined with Chip Kelly's equally putrid offense in Philly. Maybe Chip will hire him at whatever college he ends up at.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:57 am

JMP wrote:Very true, and it's not like Zac Taylor - who is even more unqualified than Lazor was - is going to make any kind of difference.  He sure hasn't done Tannehill any favors as the QB coach.

In Finsland, having absolutely no experience at a job makes you better at it by default than the person who preceded you, sad as that is.

Seriously, if my only choice for a hire is between someone who's never done this particular job before, and someone else with loads of experience who's proven to suck at it, I'm going with the first option every time. Because at least that person *might* be able to do the job well.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:53 pm

Maybe this firing is to evaluate Tannehill over the last 5 games and to try and figure out how of the problem is him, and how much was Lazor?

Nah. That would make too much sense for this team to be doing.

HalCHorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:13 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Very true, and it's not like Zac Taylor - who is even more unqualified than Lazor was - is going to make any kind of difference.  He sure hasn't done Tannehill any favors as the QB coach.

In Finsland, having absolutely no experience at a job makes you better at it by default than the person who preceded you, sad as that is.

Seriously, if my only choice for a hire is between someone who's never done this particular job before, and someone else with loads of experience who's proven to suck at it, I'm going with the first option every time. Because at least that person *might* be able to do the job well.

You're rigfht - especially in the NFL, where the vast majority of coaches stubbornly refuse to change the way they do things even when they are misreable failures.

It's just sad that we have to keep scraping the bottom of the barrel for coaches.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:57 pm

You could see this coming from way back.

I still have no idea why Lazor refused to run the ball more?

Sure the O-line sucks fuzzy meatballs, but Campbell understands run, run, run and then punt, rather than run, sack, INT on a 3rd and 18!!!

When you keep calling plays like the Oline is you know....actually...GOOD...and they epitomize monstrous SUCKING BADNESS!!!!...then there is obviously "something" wrong.

Either Lazor is a dimwit, or he was out to show Campbell how much smarter he was than the interim HC??

Either way, it just goes to show how comprehensive the malfunction of the Miami Dolphins franchise is IMHO.

From tippy top to the towel staff on the sidelines, this team stinks like rotten fish on the beach at high noon after ebb tide!

And I doubt there is a strong enough cleanser to remove this stench.

finfanatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:39 pm

The real question is, how much can they actually change the offense midseason? You can't just install a new offense in a week. It doesn't work that way.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:40 pm

Oh, and good fucking riddance Bill.  You are terrible.  Back to college with you.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:44 pm

Degarmo wrote:The real question is, how much can they actually change the offense midseason?  You can't just install a new offense in a week.  It doesn't work that way.

Very true, but actually utilizing the running backs will help. Throw the ball to Ajayi, and get the ball to Miller any way you can - early and often. And maybe now that Lazor is gone, the infatuation with Damien Williams will also be gone. It made me sick yesterday to see him in the game while Miller was sitting on the bench...so fucking stupid.

Anyway, I do expect to see much more of Tannehill under center, and a much heavier reliance on the running game. But, we'll see...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:54 pm

61 passes, 9 rushes.  Just about anything would be an improvement over that ratio with half your O-line out.

Hell, letting Tannehill draw up plays in the stadium dirt would be an improvement over Lazor.

HalCHorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:12 pm

I heard Zac Taylor installed his first play in the passing offense. This play is going to be used more than any other down the stretch. It's called "Run for your life!"

CarsonChris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top