The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Report: Landry threw sideline fit amid Dolphins’ struggles

+4
DolFan 316
rightchea
JEGnj
Degarmo
8 posters

Go down

Report: Landry threw sideline fit amid Dolphins’ struggles Empty Report: Landry threw sideline fit amid Dolphins’ struggles

Post by rightchea Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:20 pm

Zac jackson wrote:Jarvis Landry went from catching 13 passes for 165 yards against the Jets in Week 12 to catching two passes for 5 yards against the Ravens Sunday.

Per Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald, Landry didn’t hide his frustrations on a rough day for the Dolphins’ offense.

Citing multiple sources, Beasley wrote that Landry threw his helmet in anger on the sideline and needed several teammates to calm him down as he vented about the Dolphins’ offensive struggles.

He’s not new to angry outbursts. Before the season opener, Landry got into a fight with then-teammate LaMike James in the special-teams meeting room. Landry was also fined more than $23,000 for abusive language toward an official during a game in London earlier in the season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/07/report-landry-threw-sideline-fit-amid-dolphins-struggles/

I see nothing wrong with what he did. I can't imagine how bad it must feel to be on such a sorry ass team like the Dolphins at the moment. There is nothing fun about playing on this team. Fans say a win is a win but when it is ugly the players know it and feel it.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Report: Landry threw sideline fit amid Dolphins’ struggles Empty Re: Report: Landry threw sideline fit amid Dolphins’ struggles

Post by JMP Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:04 pm

Well, Landry is being labeled as the Dolphins' star offensive player and a leader. He needs to grow up and start acting like it. That's three incidents now...maybe they're not a big deal taken one at a time, but it's starting to become a pattern of childish, dumbass behavior. If he wants to be a great player, acting like an adult is step one.

You're angry about the offense? Join the fucking club...try being a fan of this team. Make a damn play instead of throwing a tantrum. Just another privileged player who won't take accountability for his own part in this dumpster fire.

Crap like this really pisses me off.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Report: Landry threw sideline fit amid Dolphins’ struggles Empty Re: Report: Landry threw sideline fit amid Dolphins’ struggles

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:25 pm

Sorry Jmp, gotta take the opposite view on this one. Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but I'd actualy much rather have a player act out, because at least that shows he cares. It's much better than the same old, lame old "We've got to be better" garbage that everyone else numbly repeats after every dismal, desultory disaster. It's not as if Landry's out there slapping women around or driving drunk or firing off guns in public or whatever other felonies your average NFL player gleefully commits on a regular basis these days. And I suspect Campbell secretly likes it too. You can work with players like that. Players who just accept losing? Those are the guys to get rid of.

And besides, who's he going to learn maturity from when he's surrounded by a clown show dumpster fire?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:57 pm

Now if Tannehill did this, people would have a parade.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:08 pm

Exactly wish TanneSACK would show some fire instead of walking off the field with that goofy smile.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Sorry Jmp, gotta take the opposite view on this one. Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but I'd actualy much rather have a player act out, because at least that shows he cares. It's much better than the same old, lame old "We've got to be better" garbage that everyone else numbly repeats after every dismal, desultory disaster. It's not as if Landry's out there slapping women around or driving drunk or firing off guns in public or whatever other felonies your average NFL player gleefully commits on a regular basis these days. And I suspect Campbell secretly likes it too. You can work with players like that. Players who just accept losing? Those are the guys to get rid of.

And besides, who's he going to learn maturity from when he's surrounded by a clown show dumpster fire?

It shows that he cares...but about what? I didn't see him complaining when he was being targeted on nearly every pass play and the offense still sucked. Seems to me that he was pissed off that the Dolphins were running the ball and he wasn't getting passes thrown to him. Just another selfish receiver...I guess it comes with the position.

Fighting with a teammate, cursing at a ref, throwing a sideline tantrum...yep, this is the leader of the Miami Dolphins. What a joke.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:20 pm

I see where JMP is coming from, but if a player doesn't care about getting the ball thrown to him then he doesn't need to play in the NFL. players should always want the ball even if they are not wide open. Now if he threw a tantrum on the sideline because Parker scored and he didn't then I say this guy needs to get it together but the NFL is an emotional game and if he is emotionless then Miami needs to trade him asap

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:07 am

Hilarious how Mike Wallace throws a tantrum and he's the devil, but Landry does it and he's a fiery leader. Of course, Mike Wallace did it in a season where he caught 10 TDs...Landry doesn't even have half that number this season.

Not just talking about people here, but I'm hearing the same things on other boards with people praising Landry for being a baby. I guess I'm in the minority. Then again, I also don't think Landry is Superman...the way people gush over him on Finheaven, you'd think he was the second coming of Jerry Rice!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I don't know if anyone else has considered this, but there sure seems to be a lot of grumbling from WRs on this team the last two years. I wonder what the common denominator is...could it be...maybe...the QB??? Suspect

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:17 am

If you don't understand the difference between Wallace and Landry, I can't help you Razz Laughing

BTW Wallace sure is lighting it up for the Vikes this season, isn't he?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:26 am

DolFan 316 wrote:If you don't understand the difference between Wallace and Landry, I can't help you Razz Laughing

I understand the difference very well: to most Dolfans, Wallace was an overpaid bum and Landry walks on water. When Wallace acts out it's "selfish", when Landry acts out it's "he cares too much". It's all about perspective.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:34 am

JMP wrote:I understand the difference very well: to most Dolfans, Wallace was an overpaid bum and Landry walks on water.  When Wallace acts out it's "selfish", when Landry acts out it's "he cares too much".  It's all about perspective.

Ah, so you're just being contrary. Gotcha Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:01 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:I understand the difference very well: to most Dolfans, Wallace was an overpaid bum and Landry walks on water.  When Wallace acts out it's "selfish", when Landry acts out it's "he cares too much".  It's all about perspective.

Ah, so you're just being contrary. Gotcha Cool

Nope, not at all. Just calling it like I see it. That's what I'm here for. Cool

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:10 am

Wallace sure did fall off the face of the earth. To be fair, the Vikings just run the hell out of the ball and pass when they have to. Adrian Peterson makes that a viable strategy.

However, I believe there is a receiver having more success there than Wallace (Diggs?).

But good point. Receivers in Miami sure are disgruntled. Who is throwing them the ball off target, and missing them when running wide open? Hmmm....
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:47 am

You think this week was Bad wait and see what Happens on Monday Night when his Boy Odell is killing our secondary and Landry is getting scraps. Hell he might have a Dez Bryant Melt-down on the Sidelines for 15 million People to see.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:01 pm

Why wouldn't a good receiver get angry at this offense? It's horrible for wide outs. It's two yards and a cloud of short pass. Crap, crap, crap. Lazor can also be lumped into that two-year time frame, by the way.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:47 pm

I have no problem with being angry...it's the baby-ish tantrum that bothers me. That doesn't help anyone.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:57 pm

I agree with JMP.

You can show you care without acting like a freaking selfish primadonna only interested in his own stats.

I get the feeling Landry wants to the stats more than he wants the Phins to win.

THAT...is unacceptable from ANY player at any position IMHO.

And I agree 1000% with the point about Odell torching the Phins D. This could be so ugly by the end of the game, the Giants normal "lose it at the end" template may not even matter.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:44 pm

finskev wrote:You think this week was Bad wait and see what Happens on Monday Night when his Boy Odell is killing our secondary and Landry is getting scraps. Hell he might have a Dez Bryant Melt-down on the Sidelines for 15 million People to see.

You really think 15 million people are going to watch this snoozer? Laughing Maybe half that will watch at the start. MAYBE. By the end it'll be down to about 200,000 diehards.

BTW the Fins only give up 30-plus to division teams so that won't be happening either Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:17 am

there will be 14.5 million Giants Fans and 500,000 fins fans watching this game with Maybe down to 10 fans for the fins when it ends.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:47 am

finskev wrote:there will be 14.5 million Giants Fans and 500,000 fins fans watching this game with Maybe down to 10 fans for the fins when it ends.

Sounds about right!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:26 pm

Coughlin will outcoach Campbell, and Manning will outplay Tannehill.

This one could get ugly. The Giants could easily be 5 wins better than they are, and they are still tied for first in the NFC East.

The Phins? We have so many weaknesses on the roster, while on the coaching staff the trio of Anurumo, Zac Taylor and Campbell are in way over their heads.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:54 pm

Well with the contract they got setup for Tannehill Miami could go after a possible QB to replace Tannehill especially if he does poor next year. I am sick of Miami having such a horrible backup in Matt Moore as well. IMO, he also needs to go and find someone that is capable to push Tannehill.

Like I said before I really don't like the QB's in the draft this year and probably wait until next year for a good QB

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down