The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Day Fins vs Giants

+4
white1
finskev
JMP
JEGnj
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Game Day Fins vs Giants Empty Game Day Fins vs Giants

Post by JEGnj Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:23 pm

I have lots of friends that are Giant's Fan and they usually own us. Just want to win this game.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Game Day Fins vs Giants Empty Re: Game Day Fins vs Giants

Post by JMP Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:36 pm

I just have a real bad feeling about this game. I'm thinking something like 34-16, Giants.

When the Phins are on D, I do expect them to get some pressure on Eli and pick up a few sacks. But I also expect Eli to shred this pathetic pass defense...the Dolphins secondary will be destroyed tonight.

The Giant D is awful, but I think they are just good enough to stop our pathetic defense. Just like the Ravens last week...bad defense, and our offense scored one TD. I think we'll run the ball well and eat clock, but will once again have trouble finding the end zone.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:41 pm

I used to get pumped up for these MNF Games when The Fins were on, But today I'm just not feeling it other than seeing what the Jerseys look like, I agree with JMP That this could be another Lackluster Game and I will Probaly be sleeping before the finish.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:18 pm

Oh dear Lord, it's that time of week again.

Okay. Let's do this thing.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:51 pm

finskev wrote:other than seeing what the Jerseys look like

Yep, we'll at least have cool jerseys for once. That will probably be the highlight of the game for Dolfans.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:23 pm

So. I changed work schedule to catch the game on tube. I just know I will most likely be disappointed. I'll go to my local hangout, decked out in my Fins gear, drink a few and HOPE the first half is at least respectable. I SO do not want to be embarrassed tonight.

Now, on the other hand, should we somehow play like a real team, which we do a couple times each year, who knows, I just may have a fun time.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:36 pm

The sense of impending gloom and doom is so thick I'm having a hard time cutting it with this chainsaw Wink

If the Fins lose, hey, it's not like it isn't a regular occurrence, right? So just relax Cool

I've learned to trust Jmp's feelings about a game (and I'm expecting his game thoughts ASAP BTW) and it would be so Finsy if they were blown out in prime time on national TV wearing throwback unis to cap off this 50th anniversary thing. Wouldn't faze me a bit.

BTW the most receptions and yards by a player against the Fins in a loss were both by...Isaac Bruce in '95. Only player to have 15 catches and over 200 yards against them in fact. I actually remember that, which is the scary part Laughing I only looked it up to confirm what I already suspected. I expect Beckham to have that same kind of performance...also in a loss Twisted Evil

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=game&year_min=1966&year_max=2015&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&pos=&game_type=R&league_id=&team_id=&opp_id=mia&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&stadium_id=&game_day_of_week=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=L&handedness=&is_active=&is_hof=&c1stat=rec_yds&c1comp=gt&c1val=200&c2stat=rec&c2comp=gt&c2val=10&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5comp=&c5gtlt=lt&c6mult=1.0&c6comp=&order_by=rec

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:16 pm

I just am looking for effort at this point. Everyone knows this is going to be blown up, and I want to see who shows up. Hopefully Lippett shows something, because we're getting thin at CB.

I honestly don't know what happens, but this is Lieutenant Dan's first time head coaching a MNF game. I have no idea why I just said that as it's pretty meaningless.

So's this season, actually.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:27 pm

Degarmo wrote:I just am looking for effort at this point.  Everyone knows this is going to be blown up, and I want to see who shows up.  Hopefully Lippett shows something, because we're getting thin at CB.

I'd like to see him remind me of Ronnie Lippett. Just because.

And you know when this team makes its inevitable pointless late season charge that Ross will go out of his way to change as little as possible because he'll think the Fins "aren't far away", right? Razz

I honestly don't know what happens, but this is Lieutenant Dan's first time head coaching a MNF game.  I have no idea why I just said that as it's pretty meaningless..

LIEUTENANT DAN!!! ROTFLMAO!!! SERIOUSLY, THAT WAS HILARIOUS!!!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:55 pm

Loved the interview with Chucky and Tanny. Our franchise QB eludes a zero air of confidence.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:05 pm

Love the throw back jerseys. Old school dolphin on helmet. Means absolutely nothing, but looks good.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:40 pm

JEGnj wrote:Loved the interview with Chucky and Tanny. Our franchise QB eludes a zero air of confidence.

I think you meant "exudes" there. But when I think about it Hennehill certainly does elude confidence as well Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:51 pm

That TD possession was great all around.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:52 pm

Turned to the game for a moment just in time to see the replay of Miller's TD. Can someone tell me why they went with the throwback uni tops but kept the pants the same? Because IMO that kinda ruins it.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:53 pm

JEGnj wrote:That TD possession was great all around.

At this point a Fins TD drive is literally a miracle.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:06 pm

Dion Friggin Sims
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:21 pm

Keep it up. Throwback Dolphin's Football.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:46 pm

Wow, just turned to the game again in time to see the Ginats D pretty much flash a giant neon sign saying, 'HEY!!! WE'RE GOING TO BLITZ YOU FROM RIGHT HERE!" and yet Hennehill makes no adjustment whatsoever and the play fails. If that was really the sort of thing that happened under Lazor by design no wonder he was fired. But why would it still be happening now?

Oh well. Far from the Giants blowout some predicted Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:51 pm

Jmp should be happy, some guy from Stony Brook just caught a TD pass for the Jints.

You'd think being so small Grimes would at least be fast but Beckham blew right by him easily. Methinks he's another one who needs to not be a Fin next season.

Yes, I'm actually watching in small doses. Might as well watch the rest of the half.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:57 pm

Why won't the Fins just let the half end??? Why do they have to keep getting penalties called on them???

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:03 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Wow, just turned to the game again in time to see the Ginats D pretty much flash a giant neon sign saying, 'HEY!!! WE'RE GOING TO BLITZ YOU FROM RIGHT HERE!" and yet Hennehill makes no adjustment whatsoever and the play fails. If that was really the sort of thing that happened under Lazor by design no wonder he was fired. But why would it still be happening now?

Oh well. Far from the Giants blowout some predicted Razz

Tannehill can't make line adjustments. It's not part of this offense, which, regardless of who is calling the plays, is shit.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:04 pm

Almost a great half. Grimes got old fast.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:05 pm

I was saying that to my bud who's a Giants fan, wide receivers seem to get old quick, but not as quick as cornerbacks - in reference to Grimes.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:16 pm

Tannehill is doing his best imitation of a QB tonight. Dallas Thomas almost got Tannehill killed on that one hit. Miller looks good. Defense looks like a Giant hole

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:22 pm

The first half Tannehill looked good and that's the type of half that makes the front office think he has a future.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next