There Is Historical Precedent...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

There Is Historical Precedent...

Post by DolFan 316 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:50 pm

For a really bad team to start 4-7, and then close the season with five ugly wins. I bring you...the '92 Colts. A 9-7 team that should have finished 5-11.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt/1992.htm

Behold how none of those last 5 wins were by more than 6 points. This is how I suspect the Fins' season could end.

And the '92 Colts through 11 games were actually quite a bit worse than the Fins, at least in terms of points differential.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: There Is Historical Precedent...

Post by scotgif on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:08 pm

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2015/12/the-bad-news-the-dolphins-might-rally-the-final-four-games.html

The bad news: The Dolphins might rally the final four games

That would be SO Dolphns. You know, win a few late-season meaningless-games (except to give them a much worse draft spot). Even worse than that, you just KNOW clueless ross would ONCE AGAIN fall into the "We're not that far away" mindset and NOT blow up the ENTIRE operation.
scotgif

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:18 pm

That's what makes this game tonight actually really damn interesting. I might even...take a peek every now and then. To see the throwback unis, of course. Yeah, the throwback unis Cool

I say if the Fins win this there's about a 75% chance they win out. If they lose, then my 5-11 preseason prediction is safe for the time being Laughing But the next three games look just so easy, and the Fins play so differently against non-division opponents, that I can't see any way they won't win 2 more regardless of what happens VS the Giants. You just know Belichick will tank the finale now that the Pats were gift-wrapped the #1 seed as their Christmas present yesterday Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:23 pm

Just read the article. Armando bringing up '05 was a nice touch. I've been saying the same thing for years of course Cool but it's nice to see someone else acknowledge it.

This team is a master at winning games that are not only utterly meaningless but actually damaging to their long term future, and doing so in a way that makes you feel ashamed about it. In other words, they make winning seem like losing in a way no other team I've ever seen.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:54 pm

Just imagine if hennehill gets "injured" and Matt no more than a backup plays. We run the table all the way to 9-7 and the 19th pick.
scotgif

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:59 pm

scotgif wrote:Just imagine if hennehill gets "injured" and Matt no more than a backup plays. We run the table all the way to 9-7 and the 19th pick.

You just had to say it didn't you? DIDN'T YOU?!?! Crying or Very sad

Henehill gets put out for the season tonight now fo sho.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:18 am

Okay, never mind this thread. Move along, nothing to see here Embarassed

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:51 am

8th loss locked in, that 2016 draft choice is looking better all the time! I hear Tannenbaum already has a line on a modern-day Quinton Coples, a sure top 10 choice for us.

Denver has to keep the heat on New England, so they are still playing for playoff seeding when we meet the Pats. The drubbing will be of historic proportions.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:54 am

white1 wrote:8th loss locked in, that 2016 draft choice is looking better all the time! I hear Tannenbaum already has a line on a modern-day Quinton Coples, a sure top 10 choice for us.

Oh trust me, the front orifice--um, office already has Robert Nkemdiche as the top player on their board based solely on what's happened the past day or so.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:02 am

I'll do you one better.

We will draft the next Rob Ninkovich. And yes, he will follow the same exact path. Do nothing in Miami, we give up on him and waive him after three years, New England picks him up and he becomes a solid starter for them and has a nice 9 year career there.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:20 am

LMAO!!! You know your team's bad when you literally forget about players who moved on and had a far better career elsewhere, because it's happened so many times Laughing

I honestly don't know what I'd do without you guys., or how I made it through the mid-late 80s without the internet to vent. Then again that was a mere four straight non-winning seasons, not seven and counting.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top