Denver Players

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Denver Players

Post by finskev on Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:07 pm

On Defense just need to Shut-up before they end up getting Spanked, Why do teams not learn that getting into a War of Words isn't the Best thing to do before You Play the Patriots.

finskev

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Denver Players

Post by JMP on Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Agreed.  Seems like it always backfires.  Just shut up and play.

I think the Pats win big...I don't think Denver has the firepower on offense to keep up with the Pats.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:06 am

Feh. This entire season has just been one long setup to an inevitable Pats title win anyway, so whatevs.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:20 am

In looking at the two games:

Arizona has a good chance to upset Carolina IMO. Carolina is missing key components in the secondary (granted, AZ is missing Mathieu) which could be exploited by the Cards' receivers. Also Carolina's lack of real playmakers outside of Newton could show up here too. Of course, they are also capable of blowing the Cards out before they get their feet planted---IF they can keep the foot on the gas for four quarters. They didn't do that Sunday.

Denver perfectly capable of winning Sunday too. To me, it comes down to how much of Manning's struggles early on had to do with his health issues, and can he avoid being the INT machine he was then. They're capable of keeping Brady off the field like they did two years ago in the championship game. The defense may be even better. The matchup that really worries me: Kubiak vs. Belicheat.

HalCHorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn on Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:36 pm

Manning avoided the mistakes and Brady didn't. Pats inability to run also a factor today. Great game regardless.

HalCHorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:44 pm

Yes!!!!!!!

I can believe in the football gods again

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:33 pm

A feeling of absolute euphoria just swept over me after reading Hal's and White1's posts, and for that they have my eternal gratitude Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers cheers cheers My stomach has literally been churning all day even though I kept trying to tell myself I didn't care because I knew the Pats would win.

But then again I did find out something last week even I, 316, never knew. And that something is...Peyton is actually unbeaten VS Brady in the AFC title game Shocked Shocked Shocked Yes, it somehow really is true. 3-0 now I think.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:14 pm

white1 wrote:Yes!!!!!!!

I can believe in the football gods again

As far as the NFL's concerned it really has been ages since good triumphed over evil, hasn't it?

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:37 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Denver perfectly capable of winning Sunday too.  To me, it comes down to how much of Manning's struggles early on had to do with his health issues, and can he avoid being the INT machine he was then.  They're capable of keeping Brady off the field like they did two years ago in the championship game.  The defense may be even better.  The matchup that really worries me: Kubiak vs. Belicheat.

Hal was right. About this game at least Razz I still don't know how though. If you'd told me beforehand that the Broncos would have SEVEN three and outs, I'd have predicted a blowout Pats win 101 times out of 100.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:18 am

DF 316 wrote: As far as the NFL's concerned it really has been ages since good triumphed over evil, hasn't it?

Yes. Yes it has.

Sometimes we all forget the adage about the Wheels of Justice. They grind slowly, but they grind extremely fine. By God do they grind fine.

Following the #deflategate debacle of last year, which scenario do you think is MORE painful, more soul-sucking, more ego-shattering and crushing at the core - if you are Robert Kraft, or a Pats fan?

1. The Patriots go 9-7, or a similar record, falling just short of a playoff berth. The fans justify the performance citing the numerous injuries suffered this season, especially on the offensive side of the ball.
On the positive front, both coordinators return for 2016 and Brady shows no signs of slowing down.

2. The Patriots earn a first round bye and return Edelman just in time for the playoffs. They win handily in round one, showing the firepower to embark on yet another Superbowl run. Inexplicably against Denver, with the game in the balance, Tom Brady - the golden boy - Tom Terrific - throws a pass to tie the game with a two point conversion, only it's TIPPED AND INTERCEPTED. Denver wins! They fall just, a bit, short of reaching the Superbowl. Oh what could have been! Revenge. Validation. The allure of adding another trophy the case in Foxborough.

My answer: Scenario 2. By far. The pain of getting so far, yet falling just short. Manning now 3-0 in the AFC Championship Game against Brady. Coupled with the Eli Manning Superbowl wins against them, it's almost eerie. A blemish on the sterling Pats legacy. Diminished, if only be a small amount. Diminished still.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:44 pm

Well, Manning has now won 3 consecutive AFC Championship Games against Brady, in 2006, 2013 and this year. But Brady did win the first one in 2003, so Peyton is 3-1 against him in title games.

Add this to Eli's 2-0 against Brady in the Super Bowl, and man, Archie's kids are beating up on Brady on the biggest stages.

HalCHorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:13 pm

White1, your ability to twist the knife in before rubbing salt in the wound is severely underrated.

I LOVE IT!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top