Miami look into the Draft

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Miami look into the Draft

Post by rightchea on Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:10 am

Mike Tanier wrote:MOBILE, Ala. — Carson Wentz ended his college career as a buzzy size/arm curiosity from the wilds of the FCS competition level. By the time he arrived in Mobile this week, he was being talked up as a top-five selection in the 2016 NFL draft. If Senior Bowl week were two days longer, he might have emerged as a front-runner in next week's Iowa caucuses.

The Wentz hype, early and extreme by even the standards of draft hype, is the result of several interconnected factors:
•Wentz is the best quarterback on either Senior Bowl roster by a considerable margin
•Jason Garrett's Cowboys staff is coaching Wentz's North squad
•The Cowboys possess the fourth pick in the draft and need a developmental quarterback to groom behind Tony Romo, who will soon undergo collarbone surgery

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2611789-2016-senior-bowl-scouting-notebook-much-hyped-carson-wentz-shines-in-practice

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:43 am

Here are some of the top offensive players from the Senior Bowl:

Dane Brugler wrote:Although there are over three months remaining until the 2016 NFL Draft, the Reese's Senior Bowl is the unofficial kick off to the draft season as the nation's top senior prospects compete in Mobile, Ala., with all 32 NFL teams in attendance.

The game is scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 30 at Ladd-Peebles Stadium, but the real work is done during daily practices throughout the week, starting on Tuesday.

“It's a fun process,” Chiefs general manager John Dorsey said about the Senior Bowl experience. “It's the best of the senior class within this year's draft, so it gives you a chance to really put your hands on these players, watch them move around, watch them compete. It also gives you a chance to kind of, for the first time, really see who they are as people as well.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25460732/senior-bowl-wentz-highlights-the-top-offensive-players-to-watch

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:33 pm

did my first Mock draft with the draft engine and here what I got.....

Round 1 Pick 17 (ATL): Jaylon Smith, OLB/ILB, Notre Dame (B-)
Round 2 Pick 10 (CHI): Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech (A-)
Round 2 Pick 11: Landon Turner, OG, North Carolina (B+)
Round 2 Pick 19 (ATL): Spencer Drango, OG/OT, Baylor (B-)
Round 3 Pick 10: Artie Burns, CB, Miami (Fla.) (B)
Round 3 Pick 18 (ATL): Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor (A)
Round 4 Pick 9: Blake Martinez, ILB, Stanford (D+)
Round 5 Pick 8: Deon Bush, FS, Miami (Fla.) (D+)
Round 6 Pick 11: Graham Glasgow, C, Michigan (F)
Round 7 Pick 6: Braxton Deaver, TE, Duke (F)
Round 7 Pick 10: Vernon Adams Jr., QB, Oregon (D-)

I always do kinda bad after the third round but I gonna get better..........

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:20 pm

OAKMAN?!?! EVERYTHING I have read about him says he's a classic looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane workout warrior. (Whispers.) Everything.

It would be SO Finsy to take an injured guy who won't be contributing anything in season one and the next Vernon Gholston Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:27 pm

rightchea wrote:did my first Mock draft with the draft engine and here what I got.....

Round 1 Pick 17 (ATL): Jaylon Smith, OLB/ILB, Notre Dame (B-)
Round 2 Pick 10 (CHI): Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech (A-)
Round 2 Pick 11: Landon Turner, OG, North Carolina (B+)
Round 2 Pick 19 (ATL): Spencer Drango, OG/OT, Baylor (B-)
Round 3 Pick 10: Artie Burns, CB, Miami (Fla.) (B)
Round 3 Pick 18 (ATL): Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor (A)
Round 4 Pick 9: Blake Martinez, ILB, Stanford (D+)
Round 5 Pick 8: Deon Bush, FS, Miami (Fla.) (D+)
Round 6 Pick 11: Graham Glasgow, C, Michigan (F)
Round 7 Pick 6: Braxton Deaver, TE, Duke (F)
Round 7 Pick 10: Vernon Adams Jr., QB, Oregon (D-)

I always do kinda bad after the third round but I gonna get better..........

I see you did a couple of trades. I think it's more likely that Tannenbaum trades picks away than adds more picks, but we'll see..

That's actually not a bad draft. I just wish Jaylon Smith was healthy...he's a perfect fit for the Phins and I'd be pounding the table for him if he didn't have the knee injury. I wouldn't take him at 8 now, but at 17 he's worth a flyer IMO - assuming his knee is on the mend.

Love the UM DBs, Burns and Bush.

And I absolutely LOVE Vernon Adams. I think he'll be off the board in round 4 or 5, but after watching him in the East West Shrine I'd love to draft him...a Russel Wilson clone.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:13 am

Yeah I don't see Miami doing that either but at the same time if Miami wants to get the people that they need to win then they need to draft down and try to get as many picks that they can. I was surprise that Adams was so low on the draft engine as well. I gonna do another one after the combine and see where they put people at.

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:40 pm

Yep, I am definitely in favor of stockpiling pciks - as long as we don't pass up elite talent to do so.  Tannenbaum's career with the Jets was highlighted by trading picks away...most seasons with the Jets he only ended up with 4 or 5 picks a year (one year I think they only had 3...)  That, to me, is a good way to kill a franchise.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:56 pm

that true.....I be fine with Miami getting rid some of their old players and adding up draft picks to get better younger players

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:21 pm

One of the Dolphins' many problems is that they currently have a very young roster...but most of the younger players kinda suck.  Guys like Aikens, Douglas, Thomas, Hazel, Fede, etc...they're just not good players.  So yeah, the key is what you just said rightchea: get better younger players.  The Dolphins have to figure out how to land more high-end players in the draft instead of constantly adding projects and scrubs.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top