The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2016 Draft Strategy(first pick.com)

+4
CarsonChris
JMP
DolFan 316
Umix10
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2016 Draft Strategy(first pick.com) - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Draft Strategy(first pick.com)

Post by Degarmo Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:54 pm

Yes, White, I agree. Take the BPA in the first two rounds.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

2016 Draft Strategy(first pick.com) - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Draft Strategy(first pick.com)

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:26 pm

Birdmond wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:I read one scouting report saying he's the best cover linebacker to come out since Kuechly.

Jack would be an all pro strong safety.  That's how talented he is.  

Keep in mind he's my favorite player in the draft and Miami has NEVER selected one of my top 3 favorite draft eligible players.  So don't get your hopes up.

I haven't gotten my hopes up for 18 years, why would I start now? Razz Laughing

BTW you're welcome everybody else for Birdmond posting again, since it was I, 316, who set the wheels in motion to make it possible Very Happy Seriously.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:35 pm

Birdmond wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:Is Myles Jack to good to pass up with the eighth pick? He was injured early in the season and would probably have to miss 4-6 games to start the year. I hate drafting injured players but Jack is dynamic as an athlete.

Miles Jack will not miss a game barring a setback. He's even said he will do every drill at the combine. His injury wasn't nearly as bad as Smith's and it happened much earlier. That being said, I don't see either player being on Miami's board. Both players will be weak side LB's in the NFL. Miami will be going after SAMS and MIKES. Just my opinion based on reading between the lines.

And now It appears Jack will only bench press at the combine. Bummer.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:37 pm

BTW, Matt Miller @nfldraftscout is an outstanding follow on Twitter.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:59 pm

I think it is crazy that they are going to the combine to do just one thing. I think that there has to be a rule that they have to do at least three things or two maybe

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:53 am

rightchea wrote:I think it is crazy that they are going to the combine to do just one thing. I think that there has to be a rule that they have to do at least three things or two maybe

It's because of the knee with Jack. Even though he's fine they don't want to risk anything with the knee. But I agree in principle.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:26 pm

Did anybody see Greir's press conference? He said he views FA as a way to fill holes and the draft as best player available regardless of need or position. Gave me a chubby.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:03 pm

Birdmond wrote:Did anybody see Greir's press conference?  He said he views FA as a way to fill holes and the draft as best player available regardless of need or position.  Gave me a chubby.  

Well, let's hope he sticks to that.  Seems like everyone related to the Dolphins always talks a good game, but they rarely back up their words.

BPA all the way - this team needs TALENT above all else...doesn't matter what position, we need better players everywhere.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:37 pm

Tuned in to the combine out of sheer boredom (Sunday TV sucks and blows at the same time) and noticed two things: Ragland's lower body is ginormous and Scooby Wright ran a glacially slow 40. I wouldn't draft him based on that alone. I'd much rather take the Temple LB who won the Nagurski.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:23 am

I'm starting to think Jack, Ramsey and Elliot are the three best players in the draft.

That could change if Hargraves , Alexander or Apple have a big day today.

So there you have it. My three favorites.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:25 am

I didn't include QB's because Miami has shown zero interest in any of the top three which is shame. I like them all better than Tannehill. I actually like Prescott better than Tannehill and he will be there in round two.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:30 am

Birdmond wrote:I didn't include QB's because Miami has shown zero interest in any of the top three which is shame.  I like them all better than Tannehill.  I actually like Prescott better than Tannehill and he will be there in round two.

Hopefully it's one o' them there smokescreens.

Ah, who am I kidding, the people running this team aren't smart enough for that.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:37 am

Birdmond wrote:I'm starting to think Jack, Ramsey and Elliot are the three best players in the draft.

So there you have it.   My three favorites.

Are you saying Bosa's overrated or that you really want the Fins to draft a CB? scratch

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:28 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
Birdmond wrote:I'm starting to think Jack, Ramsey and Elliot are the three best players in the draft.

So there you have it.   My three favorites.

Are you saying Bosa's overrated or that you really want the Fins to draft a CB? scratch

No Bosa isn't overrated. He's a 10 sack guy who is unbelievable against the run. He is Trace Armstrong. I'm just not sure coming home to South Florida is a good thing for Joey. Too much pressure to not be like dad and too many distractions.

I want a superior athlete at 8. Jack , Elliot and Ramsey are the only elite talents IMHO.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:41 am

Maybe this will send a chill down your spine, or maybe I'm the only one with this irrational fear.

We have too often gone "need" in the past (see Vernon Carey, or Jamar Fletcher, or Ted Ginn, or JaWuan James) and selected players at a position of need rather than taking BPA.

So, we need a MLB.

I can totally see us on the clock at #8, desperately trying to trade down and pickup more draft choices. Of course, as many well know, it is very rare to be able to pull off a trade down unless a team somewhere is really enamored with an elite player. We fail, and when it comes time to pull the trigger with our #8 overall pick, we select.... Reggie Ragland.

Please keep in mind, going into the "Ted Ginn Jr" draft I was terrified we would select him. Only to see it happen with my very own eyes.

Pray I'm wrong here. I see Ragland as a totally average linebacker who will struggle in coverage, and will only continue the trend of TEs and RBs having career reception stats against us. And we may draft him at #8 overall.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:03 am

white1 wrote:Maybe this will send a chill down your spine, or maybe I'm the only one with this irrational fear.

We have too often gone "need" in the past (see Vernon Carey, or Jamar Fletcher, or Ted Ginn, or JaWuan James) and selected players at a position of need rather than taking BPA.

So, we need a MLB.

I can totally see us on the clock at #8, desperately trying to trade down and pickup more draft choices. Of course, as many well know, it is very rare to be able to pull off a trade down unless a team somewhere is really enamored with an elite player. We fail, and when it comes time to pull the trigger with our #8 overall pick, we select.... Reggie Ragland.

Please keep in mind, going into the "Ted Ginn Jr" draft I was terrified we would select him. Only to see it happen with my very own eyes.

Pray I'm wrong here. I see Ragland as a totally average linebacker who will struggle in coverage, and will only continue the trend of TEs and RBs having career reception stats against us. And we may draft him at #8 overall.

I actually think the panic pick would be a defensive tackle. And that's cool with me.

Don't sleep on Ragland. He ran a 4.7. Burflict ran a 5.09 and rarely leaves the field.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:21 am

I'm a big Ragland fan.  He's tough, has leadership ability, is an excellent tackler...and he's a football player.  I think 8 is probably too high for him, but he's the type of LB I want the Phins to get.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:31 am

I don't see Miami struggling to trade down. I think a lot of teams are going to be looking into getting a LB this year. So if Miami wants to trade down I see no problem with it as long they get something good from it.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:04 am

rightchea wrote:I don't see Miami struggling to trade down. I think a lot of teams are going to be looking into getting a LB this year. So if Miami wants to trade down I see no problem with it as long they get something good from it.

I think to trade down they would actually have to draft one of the QB's and then immediately trade the player. The problem is the teams behind us aren't really QB shopping.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:14 am

I'm a big Ragland fan. He's tough, has leadership ability, is an excellent tackler...and he's a football player. I think 8 is probably too high for him, but he's the type of LB I want the Phins to get.

Well, seeing all this I will feel better if we do end up with him.

Understand the value of 8 and being too high, but at this point I really don't care. We've had so many busts in the top of our drafts, if we end up with someone who is at least great at his position, even if it's not a premier position (CB, LT, DE, QB) I will be satisfied. No more busts!

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:20 am

Wow! Hargreaves is having a day at the combine.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:25 am

BTW - I'm not as concerned with coverage ability for MLBs (unless the guy totally sucks), because, really, there's probably less than a handful of MLBs in the entire NFL that are truly great in coverage (and none of them can cover Gronk anyway.)  That said, I think Ragland is athletic enough that he can develop into a decent coverage 'backer in time...it's not something he did much at Alabama, so there will be a learning curve. 

As far as #8, we need an impact player - period.  I don't care what position it is, as long as it's not OL.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:34 am

Wow! Hargreaves is having a day at the combine.

Hargreaves could be a great pick for us at #8, he is drawing comparisons to Joe Haden.

A great athlete, at a premier position, also filling a need for us (who starts opposite Grimes, if we really do keep Grimes)? Slam dunk.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:05 pm

JMP wrote:BTW - I'm not as concerned with coverage ability for MLBs (unless the guy totally sucks), because, really, there's probably less than a handful of MLBs in the entire NFL that are truly great in coverage (and none of them can cover Gronk anyway.)  That said, I think Ragland is athletic enough that he can develop into a decent coverage 'backer in time...it's not something he did much at Alabama, so there will be a learning curve. 

As far as #8, we need an impact player - period.  I don't care what position it is, as long as it's not OL.

Absolutely. Besides, I think we need to worry more about beating the Jets and Bills than the Patriots and a thumper like Ragland would really help.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:15 pm

BTW, Darian Thompson, the top rated strong safety in the draft just ran a 4.7. Same as Ragland.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next