The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draft move down and FA

+9
finfanatic
Degarmo
Umix10
rightchea
HalCHorn
finskev
white1
mercury22nathan
CarsonChris
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Draft move down and FA - Page 4 Empty Re: Draft move down and FA

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:24 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
Birdmond wrote:I'll be the first to admit I write players off to easily based on injuries.

And you're absolutely right to do so. Health is a skill. Being injury-prone is a real thing.

you post it - and then Armando blogs it.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2016/04/durability-is-an-nfl-ability-too-bill-parcells.html[/quote]

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:39 pm

I actually like it when Armando plucks my stuff. Always have, going all the way back to '09 when I posted about the severe 4th quarter issues the D was having that season and lo and behold, the next day or so Armando writes about it, even using the exact same stats I did. You'd think I'd be pissed about it, or at least a little annoyed, but the way I see it he's getting my message out to a much broader audience that I would, plus I'm just plain flattered  Smile

The fact that this has been going on for 20-plus years indicates to me it's a team medical staff thing. These quacks seem to have been working for the Fins since at least the '90s, and the common thread always is them saying, "Oh, don't worry about it, Player X is fine, you can draft him." And then being wrong time after time after time after time  Evil or Very Mad

And don't even get me started on the Brees/Culpepper thing. Seriously, just...don't.

You'd think by now someone would catch on that these guys aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed, but then again nobody seems to figure out that meteorologists are wrong about 60-70% of the time, so...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:53 pm

We looked at culpepepper Bree's from a lens of who was hurt worse. Who was the better qb took a back seat.

Saban had it right our med staff did nothing but eff up the decision based on who they though had better recovery prospects
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4