Jeff Ireland

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jeff Ireland

Post by CarsonChris on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:38 pm

Two of the most coveted FA this year are former Dolphins players. Olivier Vernon and Sean Smith. Looking at former Dolphins players I'm seeing a pattern of former Ireland picks being better than I thought. Was Jeff Ireland a bad GM, good GM or something in between? Has Miami's biggest problem been coaching?

CarsonChris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jeff Ireland

Post by Birdmond on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:12 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Two of the most coveted FA this year are former Dolphins players. Olivier Vernon and Sean Smith. Looking at former Dolphins players I'm seeing a pattern of former Ireland picks being better than I thought. Was Jeff Ireland a bad GM, good GM or something in between? Has Miami's biggest problem been coaching?

2013. The worst offseason I can remember. No matter what else Ireland did that was good, 2013 was unforgivable.

Birdmond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:34 pm

Was 2013 a result of Ireland or a result of being told by ownership what to do?

CarsonChris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:45 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Was 2013 a result of Ireland or a result of being told by ownership what to do?

Free agency might have been Philbin but the draft was Ireland.

Birdmond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:17 pm

By default, he was the best GM of the Dolphins since JJ.

Considering that we had Wannstedt making picks for 4 years, Spielman one, Saban two, Cameron one before him, that's not a ringing endorsement.

Ireland made *some* good moves every year, but when he whiffed, he whiffed big: Turner, White, Daniel Thomas, Martin, Jordan, etc.

HalCHorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:01 am

HalCHorn wrote:By default, he was the best GM of the Dolphins since JJ.

Considering that we had Wannstedt making picks for 4 years, Spielman one, Saban two, Cameron one before him, that's not a ringing endorsement.

Ireland made *some* good moves every year, but when he whiffed, he whiffed big: Turner, White, Daniel Thomas, Martin, Jordan, etc.

He also decided to trade away Vontae Davis, so there's that. Only real difference between Ireland and the rest is that he kept not getting fired. Did that better than he drafted, honestly.

You know things have reached a pathetic level when JEFF FREAKING IRELAND is now looked back on as being not that bad. (Starts weeping.)

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:15 am

Birdmond wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:Two of the most coveted FA this year are former Dolphins players. Olivier Vernon and Sean Smith.  Looking at former Dolphins players I'm seeing a pattern of former Ireland picks being better than I thought. Was Jeff Ireland a bad GM, good GM or something in between? Has Miami's biggest problem been coaching?

2013.   The worst offseason I can remember.  No matter what else Ireland did that was good, 2013 was unforgivable.

A part of me is convinced Ireland knew Aponte/Philbin had already won their power struggle and he was a goner, so he used this draft to give them a metaphorical middle finger on the way out.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top