The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CJ Anderson

+8
mercury22nathan
finfanatic
HalCHorn
DolFan 316
white1
Birdmond
JMP
CarsonChris
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CJ Anderson - Page 2 Empty Re: CJ Anderson

Post by Birdmond Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:32 pm

rightchea wrote:I think that Derrick Henry is going to be one of those power backs that won't last too long in the NFL.

That's why I'm advocating he play H-back but in his defense as a RB, he has exceptional long speed.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:30 am

Henry does have good long speed...but watching him in games it seems like it takes him forever to get to that top speed. Not sure how that will work in the NFL...

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:39 pm

Welp, Anderson stays in Denver. I'm not disappointed.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:01 pm

I was assuming Anderson would stay in Denver.  It didn't sound like the Phins made it too difficult to match.

Plenty of RBs in this draft...but we have too many holes and not enough picks.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:44 pm

Hell I am fine if we roll with ajayi. Otherwise why did we draft him just one year ago?

Pick up a scrub and if you want depth sign an undrafted free agent or two.

Backs are just not all that important unless you can draft a rare talent. If Elliott lasts to pick thirteen it could be interesting.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:00 pm

I am not an Ajayi fan at all, but it shouldn't be difficult to find an upgrade if the Phins try.

BTW...the offer to CJ tells me the Phins aren't sold on Ajayi as the top back.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:06 am

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2016/03/what-now-miami-dolphins-find-a-backup-qb-needs-a-starting-rb.html

I know many Dolphins fans were disappointed their team isn't getting Anderson. I'm told the reaction within the Dolphins building was a collective shrug of the shoulders. It was not good news. But it wasn't devastating.

So are the Dolphins headed full bore into the third or fourth tier of free agency to find a ball carrier? I'm told no. I'm told the team will likely study the field, keep in touch with a couple of veteran possibilities and perhaps even bring one or two in before the draft. But the team will look at adding a running back in the draft.

it almost sounds as if they had already conceded the starting job to Ajayi and Anderson was simply being brought in to compete or as an insurance policy. with all the needs on this team, they need to utilize their draft picks on BPA. it would've been nice to have had Anderson even for the simple of fact of meaning that they didn't have to target a RB in the middle rounds yet again. which then leads me to, if the Phins are going to roll with Ajayi as the starter, why not kick the tires on Alfred Morris and then draft a speed change of pace RB?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:23 am

mercury22nathan wrote:http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2016/03/what-now-miami-dolphins-find-a-backup-qb-needs-a-starting-rb.html

I know many Dolphins fans were disappointed their team isn't getting Anderson. I'm told the reaction within the Dolphins building was a collective shrug of the shoulders. It was not good news. But it wasn't devastating.

So are the Dolphins headed full bore into the third or fourth tier of free agency to find a ball carrier? I'm told no. I'm told the team will likely study the field, keep in touch with a couple of veteran possibilities and perhaps even bring one or two in before the draft. But the team will look at adding a running back in the draft.

it almost sounds as if they had already conceded the starting job to Ajayi and Anderson was simply being brought in to compete or as an insurance policy. with all the needs on this team, they need to utilize their draft picks on BPA. it would've been nice to have had Anderson even for the simple of fact of meaning that they didn't have to target a RB in the middle rounds yet again. which then leads me to, if the Phins are going to roll with Ajayi as the starter, why not kick the tires on Alfred Morris and then draft a speed change of pace RB?

Alfred Morris has hands of stone.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:35 am

The Dolphins can act like losing out on Anderson was no big deal, but they offered him a contract...he didn't come to them.  And, they were going to pay him starter's money.  If they planned on offering him that money to be a back-up, then they're stupider than I thought.  Basically, I don't believe they view Ajayi as the starter...if they did, why offer Anderson a contract that would pay him just under $6 million this season???

I'm an Alfred Morris fan.  But, if the Phins wanted Anderson badly enough to pay him a small fortune this season, that tells me that they want a back that can catch passes.  Morris is not a receiver at all, so I doubt he'd be on the Phins' radar.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:26 am

Great points.

My view can be summed up like this. We are rebuilding. From the free agency moves this is obvious to me.

I want to see us draft BPA in May, so I would rather not see a "reach" or mid-round pick burned on a running back just because he's a running back. If Elliott falls to us in the first round, I would be excited to see us draft him because I believe he WOULD BE the best player available at #13 overall.

If we are going into 2016 weak at a position, running back is not a bad choice. I'd rather be strong in other areas, if the tradeoff is leave say, the CB position weak because we reached for a running back.

Use undrafted free agents, get a journeyman back cheap after the draft and go with that plus Ajayi. Won't sink us either way. QB play, our scoring offense overall, and our defense will have a much larger role in 2016 wins and losses.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:33 am

One further note, dammit we keep burning mid round picks on running backs! And they all seem to turn out as "lacking" in one way or another. Last guy we hit on was Miller himself, and we didn't feel that good about him to give him a significant workload, or retain him once he hit free agency.

Ugh.

We keep drafting like this, it's not going to work out...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:56 am

Even though running back is my favorite position it really has little correlation to winning football games. I'm still more concerned about replacing Dallas Thomas and Earl Mitchell than anything else.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:14 pm

Mcshay compared Henry's running ability to Brandon Jacobs who use to be with the Giants, That kinda comparison makes me say either Elliott or Alex Collins.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:24 pm

Now Chris Johnson coming in for a Visit.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:50 pm

finskev wrote:Now Chris Johnson coming in for a Visit.

They'll low ball him and he'll leave town.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:56 pm

Can Chris Johnson bring the Cardinals' OL with him?

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

CJ Anderson - Page 2 Empty Ha Ha Ha

Post by finfanatic Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:03 pm

JMP wrote:Can Chris Johnson bring the Cardinals' OL with him?

LOL

Yes, and see if Maxwell comes with the Legion of Boom.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:46 pm

Chris Johnson re-signed with the Cardinals. Smart man...stay with a contender as a backup and avoid the bottom-dwelling Dolphins as a possible starter.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:34 pm

I say kick the tires on Starks or Morris. If Elliot falls TO 13, it's a no-brainer, pick him. I am not liking going into the season with Ajayi as the starter.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:58 pm

scotgif wrote:I say kick the tires on Starks or Morris. If Elliot falls TO 13, it's a no-brainer, pick him. I am not liking going into the season with Ajayi as the starter.

I'm actually shocked that the Phins haven't looked at Starks yet. Seems like a perfect fit to me...excellent blocker, very good receiver, good runner. And, he has a bit of an injury history, so the Phins should love him! LOL Seriously, though, I do think he fits what the Phins want to do.

And yeah, if Elliott falls to 13, he will be the BPA. I know I've said that a couple of times, but I really don't see any player at 13 that could match him.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:27 pm

And right on cue, I see that the Dolphins have contacted James Starks...but no visit has been scheduled yet.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:25 am

JMP wrote:And right on cue, I see that the Dolphins have contacted James Starks...but no visit has been scheduled yet.

I wish they'd just give it a rest. Go with what you have and draft a back in the 4th or 5th round unless Zeke is on the board in round 1, which I doubt. It sounds like I'm the only Henry fan. If he's there in round two I'm taking him.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:06 am

I actually like Henry...I just think he needs some time to get going. I think he needs a strong run-blocking OL to succeed in the NFL.

But yeah, instead of scraping the bottom of the free agent barrel, I'd rather draft a back. Shouldn't be hard to find one that could at least challenge Ajayi if not easily win the starting job.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:58 am

Welp Starks resigned with the Packers. Dodged another bullett.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:10 pm

Miami will have to hope that either Elliott or Henry is available at 13. Read report that Miami was Treadwill coming for a visit

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2