NFL draft: Eli Apple

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NFL draft: Eli Apple

Post by rightchea on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:47 am

He is probably one of my favorite DB in the draft at the moment.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/eli-apple?id=2555277

here is some video of him as well:

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NFL draft: Eli Apple

Post by JMP on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:56 am

I don't like Apple at 13, at all.  Great size, but very raw.  Looks to have sloppy technique to me, and he uses his hands too much while the ball is in the air. That second point is an adjustment all rookie corners have to make due to the different rules in college and NFL - but Apple seems more "handsy" than a lot of guys I've looked at.

Apple would be a day one starter for the Phins, simply because of the crap Miami currently has at corner.  But I think he's a player that will need some time to develop.  I'd feel much more comfortable taking him in round two.  At 13, I think he's a reach.

I actually like William Jackson a lot more than Apple, but I think 13 is too early for him, too.

Artie Burns is currently my favorite corner in this class (and yes, I am biased because he's a Cane).  He is somewhat raw as well, but I think he's got as much upside as any corner in this class.  I think his instincts and ability to read the QB set him apart from a lot of these guys.  I'd take him in round 2.

Last edited by JMP on Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:36 pm

If forced to take a corner I'm all about WJ3 but I still think Xavier Howard will be almost as good and he'll be there in round 2. I just hate drafting CB's in round 1 unless they are Sanders, Peterson type freaks.

I'm really stressed about this draft.

Birdmond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:02 pm

Let it go, Bird, just let it go.

We certainly can't control what this team does, may as well just wait until September when it all starts to play out for 2016. I'm so done making any pre-season judgement calls, I just can't do it anymore. Let the chips fall where they may.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic on Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:19 pm

white1 wrote:

We certainly can't control what this team does, may as well just wait until September when it all starts to play out for 2016.  I'm so done making any pre-season judgement calls, I just can't do it anymore.  Let the chips fall where they may.

And the Off Season from Hades claims another victim.

Welcome to Apathetic Isle, W1.

Grab a lounge chair join us.

Very Happy

finfanatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:26 pm

And the Off Season from Hades claims another victim.

Welcome to Apathetic Isle, W1.

LOL! You can consider me "claimed" as of last October when Philbin was fired. Watching our team go through the motions last season was painful, the only exceptions being the two first wins under Campbell, and the Pats game at the end of the year.

But 6-10 will just do that to you. It's been so long since we've been relevant, how can anyone take another preseason with any measure of anticipation for the coming season? We're all in "show me" mode, even the beat writers are there with us.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond on Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:43 pm

white1 wrote:

We certainly can't control what this team does, may as well just wait until September when it all starts to play out for 2016. I'm so done making any pre-season judgement calls, I just can't do it anymore. Let the chips fall where they may.

I can't. The draft is a big deal for me and JUST once I'd like a player I covet to be selected in the first 3 rounds. That's not asking much.

Birdmond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:45 pm

white1 wrote:LOL! You can consider me "claimed" as of last October when Philbin was fired. Watching our team go through the motions last season was painful, the only exceptions being the two first wins under Campbell, and the Pats game at the end of the year.  

But 6-10 will just do that to you.  It's been so long since we've been relevant, how can anyone take another preseason with any measure of anticipation for the coming season? We're all in "show me" mode, even the beat writers are there with us.

For over 20 years after I became a serious fan in '82, the Fins won as few as 6 games once. And that was with a bottom 3 D and running game for years. There was a time when even I, the Potentate of Pessimism, thought that lone 6-10 season in '88 would be this team's absolute nadir, that things would never get any worse.

In the past 12 years, they've had three 6-10 seasons, which look good compared to the 4 and 1 win seasons during the same span.

Time for me to go cry into a pillow now.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:50 pm

Birdmond wrote:I can't.  The draft is a big deal for me and JUST once I'd like a player I covet to be selected in the first 3 rounds.  That's not asking much.

I've gotten my draft fix lately by watching guys run Madden multi-season franchises on Youtube. Way more entertaining to me than the real NFL. By far.

BTW if the resident Buckeye fan isn't endorsing Apple, that's the mother of red flags to me.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:13 pm

That is true.

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content