Keep a close eye on Myles Jack in the draft

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Keep a close eye on Myles Jack in the draft

Post by DolFan 316 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:05 pm

Birdmond wrote:I'll be curious to see how the draft correlates to the official visits and workouts.   For instance, there has been zero Ragland interest but what if they learned everything they need to know at the Senior Bowl?   But really from what I've read the first round visitors have been Elliot, Jack , Hargreaves, Apple, Alexander, Dodd, Lawson and Treadwell. Oh and William Jackson.  I can't think of anyone else who is top 15 worthy who has visited.  Am I missing anyone?   So I'm really not expecting any surprises.

I thought it was common knowledge that players were frequently drafted by teams they in fact had no prior contact with after the combine. Seriously, this sort of thing happens all the time. In other words, knowing who teams are specifically bringing in for workouts is just another meaningless smokescreen. NFL teams acting like they're guarding state secrets in the name of national security this time of year is so annoying to me Rolling Eyes

For real though, wait and see how many players express a variation of the theme, "I had no idea Team X would draft me because I hadn't talked with them at all."

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Keep a close eye on Myles Jack in the draft

Post by Birdmond on Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:56 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
Birdmond wrote:I'll be curious to see how the draft correlates to the official visits and workouts.   For instance, there has been zero Ragland interest but what if they learned everything they need to know at the Senior Bowl?   But really from what I've read the first round visitors have been Elliot, Jack , Hargreaves, Apple, Alexander, Dodd, Lawson and Treadwell. Oh and William Jackson.  I can't think of anyone else who is top 15 worthy who has visited.  Am I missing anyone?   So I'm really not expecting any surprises.

I thought it was common knowledge that players were frequently drafted by teams they in fact had no prior contact with after the combine. Seriously, this sort of thing happens all the time. In other words, knowing who teams are specifically bringing in for workouts is just another meaningless smokescreen. NFL teams acting like they're guarding state secrets in the name of national security this time of year is so annoying to me Rolling Eyes

For real though, wait and see how many players express a variation of the theme, "I had no idea Team X would draft me because I hadn't talked with them at all."

I hope this is correct. Hickey was pretty transparent. I'd really like to be shocked, in a good way, for a change.

Birdmond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top