Vegas on the Phins

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vegas on the Phins

Post by mercury22nathan on Thu May 19, 2016 8:55 am

because there isn't much else to talk about right now...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/18/release-of-season-win-total-wagers-offers-look-at-how-teams-are-perceived/

Vegas has Miami as a 7 win team - last place in the AFC east. i hate to say it, but i think the under is a pretty safe bet. i hope i am wrong.

mercury22nathan

Posts : 488
Join date : 2015-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by JMP on Thu May 19, 2016 9:09 am

Yeah, I'd say 6-8 wins is probable, so 7 makes perfect sense to me.

JMP
Admin

Posts : 3438
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 45

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by white1 on Thu May 19, 2016 9:52 am

Totally agree.

If the offense becomes a top 10 unit, and Tannehill is leading the charge, we could still win just 7 or 8 games.

If we are much better in December than we were in September, we could still win just 7 or 8 games.

However, if both of those things happen, and we still end up 7-9, I would still be happy. Improvement over the season and the development of Tannehill trump all else for me. I could care less about the record because I'm not expecting much this year. A lot of turnover, a lot of holes on the roster, and a fully new coaching staff and GM. There are bound to be growing pains. I just don't want to see three years of treading water.

white1

Posts : 1269
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by Birdmond on Thu May 19, 2016 12:08 pm

No clue at this point. I'd say 7 if/when both Pouncey and Albert go down. If both stay healthy I would bet on 10 wins.

Birdmond

Posts : 986
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by white1 on Thu May 19, 2016 2:08 pm

That's about a three game margin, Bird - sounds like you need to make a wager! Wink

white1

Posts : 1269
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by Birdmond on Thu May 19, 2016 3:45 pm

white1 wrote:That's about a three game margin, Bird - sounds like you need to make a wager! Wink

I can't bet on Albert or Pouncey to be healthy. I do wish sports betting was legal where I'm at.

Birdmond

Posts : 986
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by rightchea on Thu May 19, 2016 10:18 pm

Miami misses the playoffs with a last game loss, gets a low round pick or Miami defense doesn't have enough key players and misses the playoff by two games.

rightchea

Posts : 1212
Join date : 2015-04-28
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by JMP on Fri May 20, 2016 12:00 am

There's a ton of players on this roster with injury histories. Hard to imagine every key player staying healthy for 16 games. That could be a huge factor in the number of wins.

And, let's be honest...as much as it sucks to say and I hope it doesn't happen, we all know Tannehill is overdue for an injury with all the nasty hits he takes. It would be so Dolphins if Tunsil gave up the sack that sent Tannehill to IR... Sad

JMP
Admin

Posts : 3438
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 45

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by Birdmond on Fri May 20, 2016 6:37 am

JMP wrote:There's a ton of players on this roster with injury histories. Hard to imagine every key player staying healthy for 16 games. That could be a huge factor in the number of wins.

And, let's be honest...as much as it sucks to say and I hope it doesn't happen, we all know Tannehill is overdue for an injury with all the nasty hits he takes. It would be so Dolphins if Tunsil gave up the sack that sent Tannehill to IR... Sad

And Doubty comes in a leads us to the playoffs and Tannehill is traded for a first round pick! It's Friday! Gotta be optimistic!

Birdmond

Posts : 986
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by DolFan 316 on Fri May 20, 2016 7:03 am

You jamokes actually think this team will win more than 5 games? Now THAT is hilarious Laughing Laughing Laughing

DolFan 316

Posts : 2240
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by JMP on Fri May 20, 2016 10:14 am

Birdmond wrote:
JMP wrote:There's a ton of players on this roster with injury histories.  Hard to imagine every key player staying healthy for 16 games.  That could be a huge factor in the number of wins.

And, let's be honest...as much as it sucks to say and I hope it doesn't happen, we all know Tannehill is overdue for an injury with all the nasty hits he takes.  It would be so Dolphins if Tunsil gave up the sack that sent Tannehill to IR...   Sad

And Doubty comes in a leads us to the playoffs and Tannehill is traded for a first round pick!  It's Friday!  Gotta be optimistic!

That glass is not only half-full, it's actually overflowing!  sunny

JMP
Admin

Posts : 3438
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 45

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by finfanatic on Fri May 20, 2016 3:10 pm

I am gonna wait until preseason, (WAY TOO MANY UNKNOWNS at this point - Dallas Thomas fate?) ) but Vegas sure has a lot of big buildings with AC built by earning money on this stuff, so bet against them at your peril.


finfanatic

Posts : 294
Join date : 2015-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by Degarmo on Fri May 20, 2016 9:43 pm

It's sounds about right to me. The only unknown is the coach, really. If he's something special, we may very well win more than 8 games.

Too many holes to win double digits this year. This team has been buried by terrible personnel acquisition in the draft. It's going to take years to dig out. Depth is the key to any team, we've got nothing except WR.
avatar
Degarmo

Posts : 1112
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by JMP on Sat May 21, 2016 12:19 am

I've said this before, but I wonder how Gase is going to transform Tannehill when he has the responsibilities of head coach, offensive coordinator and roster-builder. Fact is, if he really takes on all those responsibilities, there's not much time for him to hold Tannehill's hand. Clyde Christensen is the guy that's really going to be Tannehill's babysitter...and I think he's going to find out real quick that Tannehill is not on the same level as the QBs he's worked with recently - Peyton Manning or even Andrew Luck.

And while I mention Luck, is anyone else concerned that Luck has not come close to producing at his pre-draft hype level while under Christensen's tutelage?

On Tannehill, he's a compiler...his overall numbers look good, but once you break down his stats in key situations (3rd down, 4th quarter, etc.) you'll see that he's far from being a great QB. Not sure his deficiencies can be hidden by Gase and Christensen.

JMP
Admin

Posts : 3438
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 45

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by Birdmond on Sat May 21, 2016 8:20 pm

JMP wrote:I've said this before, but I wonder how Gase is going to transform Tannehill when he has the responsibilities of head coach, offensive coordinator and roster-builder. Fact is, if he really takes on all those responsibilities, there's not much time for him to hold Tannehill's hand. Clyde Christensen is the guy that's really going to be Tannehill's babysitter...and I think he's going to find out real quick that Tannehill is not on the same level as the QBs he's worked with recently - Peyton Manning or even Andrew Luck.

And while I mention Luck, is anyone else concerned that Luck has not come close to producing at his pre-draft hype level while under Christensen's tutelage?

On Tannehill, he's a compiler...his overall numbers look good, but once you break down his stats in key situations (3rd down, 4th quarter, etc.) you'll see that he's far from being a great QB. Not sure his deficiencies can be hidden by Gase and Christensen.

The Colts are the poorest run franchise in the NFL IMHO. They've been obsessed with skill players and ignored the offensive and defensive lines. I don't think Christensen has anything to do with Luck's broken ribs. With the AFC South improving at a stunning rate Andrew Luck is going to have an identical career as Phillip Rivers. He'll be great but I doubt he ever gets to a Super Bowl. I absolutely love what the Jags and Titans are doing.

Birdmond

Posts : 986
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by JMP on Sun May 22, 2016 11:48 am

Agree with you on the Jags and Titans...both look like they are building really strong teams. Another AFC team that is heading in the right direction very quickly is the Raiders.


JMP
Admin

Posts : 3438
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 45

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by white1 on Tue May 24, 2016 7:52 am

Raiders are building a nice squad. Derek Carr last season was a key component to my fantasy championship victory. Underrated early I was able to pick him up off waivers.

Look at the components they have in place - good RB, good WR, developing and good QB, plus Khalil Mack on defense.

I'm sure I'm missing some but they have some blue chip talent on the roster.

white1

Posts : 1269
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by DolFan 316 on Tue May 24, 2016 8:28 am

It's truly a sad time when the Browns, Jags, Titans and Raiders are passing the Fins by Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Here's another sad example. Remember when the Fins beat a 7-9 Vikings team and Ross got so excited he gave Philbin an extension on the spot? Just two years later the Vikings are coming off an 11-5 season while the Fins were 6-10 and Philbin was fired 4 games in.

DolFan 316

Posts : 2240
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by Birdmond on Tue May 24, 2016 12:23 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:It's truly a sad time when the Browns, Jags, Titans and Raiders are passing the Fins by Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Here's another sad example. Remember when the Fins beat a 7-9 Vikings team and Ross got so excited he gave Philbin an extension on the spot? Just two years later the Vikings are coming off an 11-5 season while the Fins were 6-10 and Philbin was fired 4 games in.

So what did you like about the Browns off season?. I root for the Browns simply because they're hated in Cincinnati.

Birdmond

Posts : 986
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by JMP on Tue May 24, 2016 2:31 pm

I like the hiring of Hue Jackson.  I think he'll have a positive impact on the Browns.  But, that roster is as bad as it gets...gonna take at least two years to get that team rolling.

As for the Colts, it's amazing that they've had the same two issues for years - OL and defense - and have not been able to do anything about either area.  That said, it looks like they have come closer to solving their OL issues with this last draft - Ryan Kelly and Le’Raven Clark should be immediate upgrades.

JMP
Admin

Posts : 3438
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 45

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by white1 on Tue May 24, 2016 2:49 pm

As for the Colts, it's amazing that they've had the same two issues for years - OL and defense - and have not been able to do anything about either area. That said, it looks like they have come closer to solving their OL issues with this last draft - Ryan Kelly and Le’Raven Clark should be immediate upgrades.

What has to be extremely frustrating for their fans is that the position most teams struggle with - QB - has been an absolute strength for the Colts for going on TWO DECADES now. And what do they have to show for it?

white1

Posts : 1269
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by Birdmond on Tue May 24, 2016 3:53 pm

Unless the Colts conpletely change their philosophy I think they are in deep trouble.

Birdmond

Posts : 986
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by JMP on Tue May 24, 2016 4:07 pm

Birdmond wrote:Unless the Colts conpletely change their philosophy I think they are in deep trouble.  

Yep.  As noted, the Titans and Jags are definitely on the rise, and the Texans look to be improving too...while the Colts seem to be treading water.

JMP
Admin

Posts : 3438
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 45

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by DolFan 316 on Tue May 24, 2016 5:32 pm

Birdmond wrote:So what did you like about the Browns off season?.  I root for the Browns simply because they're hated in Cincinnati.

I like that they hired an analytics guy who's basically the anti-Tannenbaum.

Now believe it or not pretty much every other time in NFL history a team's gotten a huge haul of draft picks they've managed to screw it up. JJ in Dallas is the exception, and even then he didn't do as well as he could have. But at least you have a better chance of winning the lottery of you buy twice as many tickets as everybody else. Or 3 to 4 times as many as Tannenbaum.

You still haven't explained why you hate Cincy so much. What, you thought I'd forgotten? Razz


Last edited by DolFan 316 on Tue May 24, 2016 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Posts : 2240
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by DolFan 316 on Tue May 24, 2016 5:37 pm

JMP wrote:As for the Colts, it's amazing that they've had the same two issues for years - OL and defense - and have not been able to do anything about either area.  That said, it looks like they have come closer to solving their OL issues with this last draft - Ryan Kelly and Le’Raven Clark should be immediate upgrades.

I still say LeRaven Clark will have a better NFL career than Tunsil. It might not even be close.

white1 wrote:What has to be extremely frustrating for their fans is that the position most teams struggle with - QB - has been an absolute strength for the Colts for going on TWO DECADES now.  And what do they have to show for it?

That's not the way I look at it. I'd do all sorts of unsavory things for the Fins to get a QB the caliber of Luck. For one thing, having Luck has meant multiple playoff wins with a roster possibly worse than this team's. It's not as if there's more than one AFC team in any given season who can keep the Pats from the SB anyway. The absolute worst mistake this team's ever made this century (and there's a LONG list) is not even trying to suck for Luck. Now they have Tannehill. How's that been working out for them?

DolFan 316

Posts : 2240
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegas on the Phins

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum