The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sounds like Arian Foster is now the starter

5 posters

Go down

Sounds like Arian Foster is now the starter Empty Sounds like Arian Foster is now the starter

Post by JMP Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:00 am

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2016/08/details-on-peyton-mannings-speech-to-the-entire-dolphins-roster-and-his-meeting-with-the-quarterback.html

I'm not happy with the way Gase is handling the OL, but at least he seems to know what he's doing with the RBs.  I said all along that a healthy Arian Foster should be the starting back, and now it sounds like Gase has seen the light.

Running back Arian Foster also got some first team work and “he is going to be working with the ones the whole training camp,” Gase said. “His resume speaks for itself. I don’t think there’s any question why we brought him in here. He’s playing this year. Whether he’s the guy that will be the first snap of the game, time will tell. He is going to be rolling with the ones.”

Hopefully Foster stays healthy...that would be a big boost to an offense that needs all the help it can get.

Last edited by JMP on Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sounds like Arian Foster is now the starter Empty Re: Sounds like Arian Foster is now the starter

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:14 am

My only question is, what took so long?

Okay that's not true. My other question is, why does every single new coach the Fins hire handle the O-line the exact same way? scratch

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Sounds like Arian Foster is now the starter Empty Re: Sounds like Arian Foster is now the starter

Post by white1 Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:37 am

Maybe it's the right way to coach and develop an offensive line, and the problem has simply been our talent.

I don't care where these guys were drafted, the only one truly at an elite level is Brandon Albert. The rest all need to prove they were worthy of their lofty draft status.

You can scheme, coach, cajole and challenge all you want. If they're getting beaten individually it just isn't going to matter. They need to get stronger, get better, play with better technique.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:56 am

white1 wrote:Maybe it's the right way to coach and develop an offensive line, and the problem has simply been our talent.  

I don't care where these guys were drafted, the only one truly at an elite level is Brandon Albert.  The rest all need to prove they were worthy of their lofty draft status.

You can scheme, coach, cajole and challenge all you want.  If they're getting beaten individually it just isn't going to matter. They need to get stronger, get better, play with better technique.

Part of the problem is, year after year, playing linemen out of position.  I totally undertsand that being able to play multiple positions is a good thing, but if a guy isn't suited to to a particular position why force him there?  Turner isn't a guard...and he has not improved at all at the position, to the point where his career could be hanging by a thread.  Douglas isn't a center...yet the Phins continue to try to make him one.  Tunsil isn't a guard...and he can't even move ahead of Thomas.  Thomas should be out of the league...and he remains a starter. 

Personally, even though he was drafted in round one, I'd keep Tunsil at LT and try to make him the best LT he can possibly be.  If that means he sits behind Albert all year, so be it.  Albert will likely get hurt at some point anyway, and he's almost certainly an ex-Phin after the season.  Spend this season getting Tunsil ready to be a starting LT instead of forcing him into a position that he has never played before and will never play again after 2016. 

It shouldn't be difficult to find an actual NFL-caliber guard that take Thomas's spot, and then groom Tunsil at his natural position.  Having him practice as a 2nd string guard means that if (when) Albert does get hurt, Tunsil won't be ready to step in at LT.  Yeah, he's gotten a couple of reps there but it's not the same as playing the position all the time.  Don't hinder his development by playing him out of position.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:40 pm

Did anyone have any doubt?
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:29 am

Love the gasmask Dolphin in your picture, JEG!   lol!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:51 am

That avatar was out like 30 minutes after the draft pick.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:52 am

Shades of Knowshon . . . I hope I'm wrong.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down