Arian Foster starting for Miami

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Arian Foster starting for Miami

Post by Degarmo on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:43 am

JMP wrote:I've been reading today that the coaching staff wanted to keep Lamar Miller and Lamar wanted to stay - but Tannenbaum chose to let him walk over a $500,000 dispute.  Arian Foster has been one of my favorite players in recent years and I'm glad we have him...but Miller is younger, more durable and just entering his prime. I expect Miller to become an All Pro-level talent in Houston, and I think this is a decision that will blow up in Tannenbaum's face...as bad or worse than trading up for Carroo, among other things.

This is what I had read as well, and it really pissed me off. You don't make that kind of decision. Tannenbaum is a train wreck between a train car filled with shit and another train car filled with nitroglycerin.

I, also, believe that this draft may rival some of Ireland's drafts when it's all said and done, with the exception of luckily getting Tunsil because of his penchant for pot in his earlier days. If he stays clean, which he managed to do during his collegiate career, we got a real steal, but it had NOTHING to do with GM talent. Sometimes you dive headlong into shit, and someone hoses you off with bleach.

TWO shit references in one post.

This is turning out to be a pretty good day.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:46 pm

Degarmo wrote:
JMP wrote:
Degarmo wrote:I. Pead

a little.

Suspect   I hope you at least cleaned up after yourself.

I've been wanting to say that since I saw him on the roster.  I could not find a way to work it in, so in true Degarmo style, I forced into a conversation where it wasn't warranted, got just about the reaction I expected, but still walked away, head held high, in self satisfaction that I made a really easy pun; and I will do it again, oh yes, I will do it again.  Very Happy

LOL That is pure awesomeness.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:53 pm

Degarmo wrote:
JMP wrote:I've been reading today that the coaching staff wanted to keep Lamar Miller and Lamar wanted to stay - but Tannenbaum chose to let him walk over a $500,000 dispute.  Arian Foster has been one of my favorite players in recent years and I'm glad we have him...but Miller is younger, more durable and just entering his prime. I expect Miller to become an All Pro-level talent in Houston, and I think this is a decision that will blow up in Tannenbaum's face...as bad or worse than trading up for Carroo, among other things.

This is what I had read as well, and it really pissed me off.  You don't make that kind of decision.  Tannenbaum is a train wreck between a train car filled with shit and another train car filled with nitroglycerin.  

I, also, believe that this draft may rival some of Ireland's drafts when it's all said and done, with the exception of luckily getting Tunsil because of his penchant for pot in his earlier days.  If he stays clean, which he managed to do during his collegiate career, we got a real steal, but it had NOTHING to do with GM talent.  Sometimes you dive headlong into shit, and someone hoses you off with bleach.

TWO shit references in one post.

This is turning out to be a pretty good day.

You really are full of shit today, Degarmo! pirat

On Tunsil's drug use...keep in mind that he was reportedly in the room with Robert Nkemdiche and others when Nkemdiche jumped/fell out of a window. There was reportedly a lot of marijuana in that room, and if Tunsil was indeed there I'm pretty sure he wasn't just sitting around studying. That incident took place less than a year go - in December 2015. So I am not at all convinced that Tunsil has been clean since the 2-year old gasmask incident. But, at this point, all that matters is that he doesn't fail any drug tests in the NFL. We'll see...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:21 pm

JMP wrote:

You really are full of shit today, Degarmo!  pirat

On Tunsil's drug use...keep in mind that he was reportedly in the room with Robert Nkemdiche and others when Nkemdiche jumped/fell out of a window.  There was reportedly a lot of marijuana in that room, and if Tunsil was indeed there I'm pretty sure he wasn't just sitting around studying.  That incident took place less than a year go - in December 2015.  So I am not at all convinced that Tunsil has been clean since the 2-year old gasmask incident.  But, at this point, all that matters is that he doesn't fail any drug tests in the NFL.   We'll see...

To be honest, all I care about is if he can keep it off the tests and performs on the field. Weed is such a non-issue for me, and I think it should be legal anyway. That said, it's not, and rules are rules, so if Tunsil's still fogging his brains asunder, I hope he can keep it away from the NFL "strict" testing guidelines.

As far as full of shit . . . sir, I am full of shit every day Wink
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:23 pm

Just to follow up, the way I see it is like this . . . there's no way that the 70s NFL wasn't completely loaded with guys on pot, and there are a shitload of HoF'ers that were smoking weed all the time, a few on our own beloved Phins.

The NFL is so full of shit with their "rules".
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:32 am

Miller looked pretty damn good yesterday.

$500k? Plus we need to burn a 3rd round pick on Drake? Yeah, looks like a mistake to me.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:40 am

Degarmo wrote:Just to follow up, the way I see it is like this . . . there's no way that the 70s NFL wasn't completely loaded with guys on pot, and there are a shitload of HoF'ers that were smoking weed all the time, a few on our own beloved Phins.

I heard on the radio how the Bills' Seantrel Henderson was suspended by the NFL for testing positive for pot...and the NFL doesn't care that Henderson was using medicinal marijuana under doctors' orders to treat Crohns disease.  I get it...Henderson should have known and asked the doctors to prescribe something else.  But seriously?  You get suspended for taking a medication prescribed by a doctor for a very serious condition????  What a load of crap.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:42 am

white1 wrote:Miller looked pretty damn good yesterday.

$500k? Plus we need to burn a 3rd round pick on Drake? Yeah, looks like a mistake to me.

Yeah, just wait till Foster gets hurt...that's when we'll really miss Miller.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn on Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:07 pm

And Alfred Morris is getting a mere $1.75M from Dallas and would almost certainly be our starter (and one who has never missed a game). He looked better than Elliott yesterday.

HalCHorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:22 am

JMP wrote:
Degarmo wrote:Just to follow up, the way I see it is like this . . . there's no way that the 70s NFL wasn't completely loaded with guys on pot, and there are a shitload of HoF'ers that were smoking weed all the time, a few on our own beloved Phins.

I heard on the radio how the Bills' Seantrel Henderson was suspended by the NFL for testing positive for pot...and the NFL doesn't care that Henderson was using medicinal marijuana under doctors' orders to treat Crohns disease.  I get it...Henderson should have known and asked the doctors to prescribe something else.  But seriously?  You get suspended for taking a medication prescribed by a doctor for a very serious condition????  What a load of crap.

Goodell has a rare opportunity to become a great commissioner, just by lowering pot-related fines to $5.00.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:46 am

HalCHorn wrote:And Alfred Morris is getting a mere $1.75M from Dallas and would almost certainly be our starter (and one who has never missed a game).  He looked better than Elliott yesterday.

I'm guessing the Phins didn't even consider Morris because he's not known as a pass catcher. That's short-sighted and limiting thinking. Morris is young, reliable, cheap and, most importantly, a very good back. He would've been a great pickup IMO.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:12 am

JMP wrote:

I have too agree, if it is helping to save the man's life then they should let him use it. There is not a lot of drugs that are good for you ( not saying pot is good either) but it doesn't give you all the reactions that some meds do. I actually hate looking at those med commercials that describes all the dangerous side effects. It crazy

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan on Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:43 am

JMP wrote:I'm guessing the Phins didn't even consider Morris...

but they did...

He [Alfred Morris] said the Miami Dolphins and Denver Broncos spoke with him early in free agency, but he was told they had bigger priorities than signing a running back. So they spent their money elsewhere.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17549435/dallas-cowboys-rb-alfred-morris-calls-free-agency-process-very-insulting

bigger priorities? where is the rule that says you can't consider more than one FA at a time? especially one that would come at such a cap friendly deal as Morris. interesting that Denver considered him in that they thought they may lose Anderson to the Phins. I'm guessing the Phins' thinking at the time (pre-Foster) was that they were fine with Ajayi and didn't need Morris. I wonder if they'd like to re-think that?

mercury22nathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:14 am

Wow - I'm surprised they showed any interest in Morris at all.  But yeah, thinking Ajayi would the #1 back was clearly a mistake, and I honestly don't know why anyone ever thought he could be.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:19 am

I'm still thinking they may luck out with Pead. Cheap, still young, talented and has the right skill set for this offense.

As of right now, and granted it's one week into the season, he's got the best long term future in Miami at running back. Outside of maybe Williams, but that's primarily because he plays so well on special teams.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top