The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I thought the league was cracking down on hits to the head??? + thoughts on tonight's game

3 posters

Go down

I thought the league was cracking down on hits to the head??? + thoughts on tonight's game  Empty I thought the league was cracking down on hits to the head??? + thoughts on tonight's game

Post by JMP Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:14 am

What the hell happened???  The Broncos hit Cam Newton in the head at least 4 times that I saw, and only the last hit was penalized.  I'm all for 'hands-off' officiating, but damn...the Broncos were just taking shots at Cam's head all night.  I thought the league was going to call every shot to the head, what with the emphasis on preventing concussions, but tonight they let it go.  I don't get it.  scratch

Damn, Newton took an absolute beating tonight.  I don't know how he was still standing at the end.  And he still managed to get his team in position to win (courtesy of a great Ted Ginn catch).  Gutsy performance for sure, but not the way you want week one to go.

Have to give credit to Broncos QB Trevor Siemian.  I thought he was pretty bad in the first half, despite the non-stop fellating the announcers were giving him, but he really stepped up and made some great throws in crunch time.  And CJ Anderson was in total beast mode in the second half...sure wish he would've signed with the Phins...

Anyway, great game and an excellent way to start the season.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I thought the league was cracking down on hits to the head??? + thoughts on tonight's game  Empty Re: I thought the league was cracking down on hits to the head??? + thoughts on tonight's game

Post by Birdmond Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:54 am

Could not believe the head shots Newton took. As for Denver, amazing what a pass rush can do. Siemian looked pretty good. He'll make nice trade bait in the future IF Paxton Lynch ever figures out the playbook.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

I thought the league was cracking down on hits to the head??? + thoughts on tonight's game  Empty Re: I thought the league was cracking down on hits to the head??? + thoughts on tonight's game

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:18 am

All I have to say is...wow Shocked Shocked Shocked (Scrolled down to the "how is this allowed?" tweet with the pics.)

https://twitter.com/tonydungy/status/774109341855064064

Also, why is Dungy actually trying to defend that shit? Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:30 pm

Oh and BTW, loved Denver's use of a fullback. Dude laid a beatdown on Carolina's LB's.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:50 pm

Birdmond wrote:Oh and BTW,  loved Denver's use of a fullback.   Dude laid a beatdown on Carolina's LB's.  

Yep - that was awesome.  I love fullback - honestly, one of my favorite positions on a football team.  Sucks that the Phins (and most teams these days) don't use them anymore.  If you want a smash-mouth running team, you have to have a true FB.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down