Poor Phillip Dorsett

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Poor Phillip Dorsett

Post by DolFan 316 on Fri May 08, 2015 7:36 pm

Not only do his teammates not want him (seriously, they're all pissed the Colts drafted him) but Badell didn't even pronounce his name correctly when he announced it at the draft (seriously, how do you botch "Dorsett" when there's a HALL OF FAME PLAYER with the same name) and on top of everything, he didn't even get an apology like Mariota did.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/05/unlike-mariota-dorsett-didnt-get-an-apology/

Methinks all this is a bad omen for his NFL career pale

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Poor Phillip Dorsett

Post by JMP on Sat May 09, 2015 2:01 am

My guess is that the plan for Dorsett is for him to take over for Hilton next season when Hilton decides to chase the $$$ as a free agent. I think Dorsett will be just fine...he's going to be a much better NFL player than college player, now that he's in a real offense with a real QB. His teammates will be fine once they see what he can do...he's going to be a huge playmaker in that offense. And that's not just the UM homer in me talking...I swear! geek

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Sat May 09, 2015 3:42 pm

They'll love him soon enough.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond on Sun May 10, 2015 7:07 pm

I think Dorsett and Flowers will be fine. The rest of the draft class from the U will bust. Not impressed with any of them .

Birdmond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Mon May 11, 2015 6:01 pm

Birdmond wrote:I think Dorsett and Flowers will be fine.  The rest of the draft class from the U will bust.   Not impressed with any of them .

I think that Duke Johnson and Perryman will be starters but probably not stars.

I actually was hoping that Dorsett when to a team and the NFC not in the AFC. I do think that it messed up that he was drafted and no one wants him around. There is not going to be a lot of motivation for him around camp or in the game from other teammates.

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Mon May 11, 2015 9:03 pm

I think both Duke and Perryman are going to be great NFL players, along with Dorsett. I'm not quite sold on Flowers, but I think starting him on the right side is a smart move.

The interesting thing to me about those 4 Canes is that, at least IMO, they all ended up in perfect situations where they are likely to succeed.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Tue May 12, 2015 4:45 pm

When they succeed, it will just be another nail in Golden's coffin.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Tue May 12, 2015 5:07 pm

Degarmo wrote:When they succeed, it will just be another nail in Golden's coffin.

Exactly. Way too many good/great players on that team that weren't being used properly. And that includes guys that we didn't even mention in this thread, like Walford, Chickillo, Waters, Coley, Bush, etc. These are some damn good players that simply are not being "coached up" and utilized to maximize their abilities. It's a damn shame.

Really, in an ideal world Dorsett should have been talked about in the same discussions as White and Parker...his skill/talent is at least at that level, if not higher. I honestly believe he should've been one of the best receivers in the nation. But the coaches held him back...he was often used as a just a deep threat, when he is so much more than that, and there were games where he was barely targeted at all. It makes me sick.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top