Ajayi's significant tumble

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ajayi's significant tumble

Post by mercury22nathan on Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:19 am

just how far has Ajayi fallen...

The clearest sign that running back Jay Ajayi has fallen from grace?

On Wednesday the Miami Dolphins practiced but starting running back Arian Foster did not participates while nursing a hamstring injury. So did the Dolphins give Ajayi the starter's reps in practice?

No.

Ajayi, who was the team's starting running back throughout the offseason and even through much of training camp, has fallen so far that he was not the guy getting the starter's reps.

"He was not," offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen said. "Those guys will compete. Pead got some snaps yesterday. They all got some snaps yesterday. I don't know what will shake out at the end of this week. A lot will depend on health and performance."

So here we are with Ajayi fighting Isaiah Pead and Damien Williams for snaps in a practice that Arian Foster doesn't participate. That's, I guess, what happens when you do something that gets you left behind on a season-opening road trip.

Christensen said not having Ajayi against the Seahawks "wasn't much of a factor."

Ouch.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2016/09/coordinators-thursday-ajayi-fall-from-grace-the-future-for-donald-butler-cam-wake-dilemma.html

mercury22nathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ajayi's significant tumble

Post by JMP on Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:57 am

Again...I am starting to really like Christensen - tellin' it like it is!

I am starting to think Ajayi won't be on the roster by season's end.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic on Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:27 am

I suspect they are trying to trade Ajayi...for a bag o'beans no doubt!

Maybe one of them will be a magic bean that grows a magic beanstalk, and they can climb it and recruit a giant or two to play for them. One on the Oline and...no make that TWO on the O-line!!

Very Happy

I want to see Pead gets some snaps. If they can get a Running game going, that would really make the loss to the Pats somewhat narrower IMO.

Rolling Eyes

finfanatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:40 pm

I think Pead will get some snaps, sounds like he is getting over the hamstring injury, and he's clearly the second best back behind Foster.

Value is neck and neck with Williams because of the great work he does on special teams, but Pead is going to prove a nice addition for us, I think.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top