The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Day Fins at Pats

+5
rightchea
Umix10
CarsonChris
JMP
JEGnj
9 posters

Go down

Game Day Fins at Pats Empty Game Day Fins at Pats

Post by JEGnj Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:06 am

I'm working today but will try to watch bits and pieces on my ipad with the Sunday Ticket App. Again hope for the win but not expecting much. Nothing like more non-football controversy surrounding the Fins seeing if the 4 douchebags kneel or stand.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Game Day Fins at Pats Empty Re: Game Day Fins at Pats

Post by JMP Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:45 am

Huge game...I don't think the Phins will win, but it's a huge test to see where we stand. GO PHINS!!!!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:09 pm

Welcome to 0-2

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:11 pm

Who needs Brady

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:16 pm

I'm sniffing blowout

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:20 pm

The ghost of Joe Philbin must be helping with the quick start

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:23 pm

Fuck me. Maybe they can find a few senior citizens to help out on defense

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:25 pm

Still 6 minutes left in the first quarter. Maybe the Pats can go up 21-0

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:33 pm

Tannehill should be benched he is not the qb that everyone thought he could be. Re sign Doughty and let Moore try
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:35 pm

We have the most fucked up LB's in the league
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:43 pm

This team sucks in every aspect of the game.
Tanny is such a waste. 5 years of this clown. Hopefully his last.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:51 pm

I am officially starting the RYAN TANNEHILL for Waterboy campaign.....anyone else?
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:22 pm

Umix10 wrote:I am officially starting the RYAN TANNEHILL for Waterboy campaign.....anyone else?

I second that......the only good thing that Miami did was hurt the QB. and he not Brady

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:26 pm

And there goes the game

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:14 pm

Can neither Stills nor Parker jump for the fucking football? Such meh effort from both of them at the end of the game. Last pass was supposed to be a jump ball, and Parker just backs up and watches the ball. Do something, for fuck's sake.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:16 pm

Umix10 wrote:Tannehill should be benched he is not the qb that everyone thought he could be.  Re sign Doughty and let Moore try

There is zero reason to put Matt Moore into a football game barring an injury.  He's not as good as Tannehill, we won't go anywhere with him at quarterback, and he's not our future at all.  Doughty, while showing a little something in the preseason, sucks as well.

I'm definitely not saying Tannehill has been good or anything, but Matt Moore is an atrocious turd burglar.

Last edited by Degarmo on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:20 pm

Another slow start from the offense, and the defense did very, VERY little. I think it might be time to start the game offensively in the no-huddle. It would probably end up in a 20-second drive which culminated in a punt, but then again, maybe it would work. The urgency has never been there early in the game, except the first couple of weeks under Campbell. That falls on all the players, but particularly No. 17.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:41 pm

That what I thought was suppose to happen. Miami is suppose to have this fast pace up temp style offense and I see nothing of the sort. Miami DB are horrible as well. Next draft needs to focus on Defense all seven rounds.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:23 pm

Too little, too late. You can't sleepwalk through an entire half and then expect to win with second half fireworks. It doesn't work that way against good teams.

It's just too bad Tannehill and the offense didn't bother showing up till the Pats had to go to their 3rd string rookie QB and the game was already out of reach. And the defense was absolutely atrocious all game.

As good as Tannehill looked in that 2nd half, and he did look great for the most part, it's hard to get too excited because of how godawful he looked in the 1st half.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:06 pm

So when New England is missing Gronk and their top two QB's, we're capable of coming within a touchdown of them.

Yeah, that's about what I expected from this team. At the very least, they should win next week. If we can't beat Cleveland, then I'll have to adjust those 5-11 or 6-10 expectations downward.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:41 am

Reading the Dolphin's FB page everyone is miserable. Usually you have a bunch of Homers being positive but it's ALL negative. The Miami Dolphin's have lost their fan base.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:55 am

JEGnj wrote:Reading the Dolphin's FB page everyone is miserable. Usually you have a bunch of Homers being positive but it's ALL negative. The Miami Dolphin's have lost their fan base.

We're all suffering years of abuse at this point.

If you want to find any positives, the Phins just had to open the season at two of the hardest road stadiums in the NFL, and they weren't blown off the field in either game. Well, the Pats game yesterday, for a half, they were dominated, but they did come back and have a chance.

Anyone thinking they were going to win either of these games while installing a new offense, and with crumbled hog shit as our secondary, was not only dreaming, they were flat out insane. 0-2 was a certainty.

What we need to focus on is how they play the much-improved Browns, and the much-the-same Bengals (How the fuck does Marvin Lewis keep his job?).

If they can't beat these teams, they cannot compete.

The Dolphins are not elite. Hell, this team isn't even decent. This defense has a good defensive line and then . . . nothing, until you reach Reshad Jones. This franchise bereft of talent, but mostly in the front office, still. Until the suits become elite, the Dolphins will stink on the field.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:01 am

Perfectly said, by whoever stated that with the Pats third string QB, without Gronk, we can come within a touchdown of them. Sums up the sorry state of the Fins just perfectly.

This franchise bereft of talent, but mostly in the front office, still. Until the suits become elite, the Dolphins will stink on the field.

Yes. Gase could be a clone of Bill Belichek and still finish sub 500 this year. The roster we have pieced together is awfully thin, and the starters we do have in place just aren't very good. This is why sometimes you have to tell the fans "Hey we are rebuilding, we have a ton of holes to fill and it won't happen in one offseason." Because expecting this team to compete is a joke.

We don't have one receiver we can count on outside of Landry. With Foster (surprise) and Pead hurt, we have no one - NO ONE - fit to carry the ball. Our tight ends are laughable. Our defensive backs are looking worse all the time. We have two good safeties and no one at corner, which is really just a bad recipe. Our linebackers suck. We have one legitimate pass rusher, and he's on the down slope of his career and coming off a torn Achilles.

Our quarterback? Where to begin. Once again, he "compiles" a respectable stat line that can fool the casual fan into thinking he can be a top ten QB. Without watching the game, many won't realize that he lost this game in the first half. Our defense was shell shocked after the Pats marched down the field to score a touchdown, while Garropolo did not miss a single throw and the Pats seemed to be able to do whatever they wanted. Literally any play they called worked perfectly. So, we need our offense to answer. Give our defense a breather, let the coordinator regroup and figure out how to tweak the calls to slow them down. What do we do? Promptly go three and out and punt the ball right back to them. Then it happened AGAIN.

Our offense cannot keep waiting for the defense to bail them out. Gase must be spitting nails over that first half, I've rarely been more embarrassed to be a Miami fan, and that's saying something. We didn't even look like we belonged in the same league on that field. It was beyond ugly. Beyond abject failure. It was something far worse, and I was honestly surprised to see such a horrible performance. It literally looked like nothing has changed since last season. NOTHING.

I saw Ross up in the booth with Tannebaum sitting next to him. I really hope he was thinking to himself - as we were pushed all over the field to the tune of 24-0 - "Is this the right guy sitting next to me? Do I really entrust the franchise to him?" I know he can't be blind enough to realize that the NY Jets did, in fact fire him. That the league really does not hold a high opinion of him. The results are going into the record books each week.

I like that the front office structure has been cleaned up. Aponte is gone, there's no more multi-legged, multi-faceted split level reporting structure with murky characters on the side and fractured avenues up to Ross. That's good. That's what turned off so many candidates years ago.

But we have to have the RIGHT people in charge. Are Tannenbaum and Grier the right people? They landed a very coveted coach. But can they build a roster? Do they know how to do that?

It's early in the season. Yesterday was a bad, bad day. Let's see how this plays out.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:04 pm

I'm listening to the Game on Gamepass with the Fins announcers and Joe Rose was going off on this team especially the touchdown that made in 31-3 about the defense quitting and not even trying so I turned off right than and started watching steelers and bengals.

But the thing I find Interesting is that the fins broadcast Team are All ex-Players for the Team and they Know a Fraud when they see one. Jimmy Cefalo doing Play by Play with Bob Griese & Joe Rose doing the analyst role and Kim Bokamper on the field, The problem I have with Bokamper is every time they go to Him and he starts talking All I can think of Him is Letting Theismann knock that Interception out of His hands in Superbowl 17 that would have made it 24-13 and we would be 3-2 in Super bowl INSTEAD, But I Digress.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:57 am

I feel better now apparently bob Kraft deal with the devil survives even without a starting qb.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down