The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watched Gamepass Coaches Tape

+2
JMP
finskev
6 posters

Go down

Watched Gamepass Coaches Tape Empty Watched Gamepass Coaches Tape

Post by finskev Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:00 pm

Decided to watch the Tape of the All 11 Tape of the Pats Game, Some Observations below.

Very First Play of the Game and the Deep Safety is Lined up 20 Yards away from the Ball, Which just drives Me crazy, Because the Pats never did it the whole game, the Most they did was 15 yards in the 4th quarter when the playing prevent.

I'm going to tell Ya'll something that we All Know, Jelani Jenkins at LB is Terrible, He can't shed Blockers included Wr so in the 3rd Quarter he started trying to run around the Blockers and Left those Holes You saw Blount running thru in the second Half.

Alonzo was the only Lb who ever went into the Pats Backfield the Whole Game, I thought an Aggressive defense would have Lb Blitzing all over the Place and creating chaos and that didn't happen at All.

on Offense in the Second Half, they quit running the 5 yard rub route that they ran the whole first half and started with more 10-15 yard routes and that is where Parker was doing his damage.

on one Play I saw something that made me Happy for once. it was 31-10 and the Fins Had the ball at there own 35 yard line, tannehill gets the snap and on this Play there will end up being 3 players wide open, Landry ran a 5 yards slant to the Right, Parker ran a 15 yard crossing route across the Middle and Cameron was deep down the Middle behind the LB with safety Off to his Left. What Makes Me happy is Because Tanny didn't throw it Landry for Once, He threw it for 20 yards to Parker.

One thing I found interesting, Some People might not find it, Is that Bushrod the RG taps Steen on His Thigh telling him to snap the Ball Every time Tannehill is in the Shotgun than about a second later the Ball is Snapped.

I hated the Result but I do Like watching the All 11 Tape, Look Forward to Next week. One Last thing is that some of the Wr's for the fins every time they get tackled have to get up in Db's face and Push plus Talk and Are lucky they didn't get flagged for that crap. Landry really is the One who does it the Most and someone is always having to pull him away.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Watched Gamepass Coaches Tape Empty Re: Watched Gamepass Coaches Tape

Post by JMP Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:32 pm

Thanks, kev - this was a great read!  Appreciate your thoughts!

Jenkins has been terrible.  Hopefully the new guy Butler will make a difference.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:33 pm

finskev wrote:One thing I found interesting, Some People might not find it, Is that Bushrod the RG taps Steen on His Thigh telling him to snap the Ball Every time Tannehill is in the Shotgun than about a second later the Ball is Snapped.

Teams have been doing this for a long time. Because of the noise in certain stadiums. They used in Seattle. This is by far the worst way in dealing with crowd noise. An aggressive defense can tee off on Tanneywanny if they time the snapcount.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:01 pm

finskev wrote:on one Play I saw something that made me Happy for once. it was 31-10 and the Fins Had the ball at there own 35 yard line, tannehill gets the snap and on this Play there will end up being 3 players wide open, Landry ran a 5 yards slant to the Right, Parker ran a 15 yard crossing route across the Middle and Cameron was deep down the Middle behind the LB with safety Off to his Left. What Makes Me happy is Because Tanny didn't throw it Landry for Once, He threw it for 20 yards to Parker.

That's also a nice change from Lazor, when he used to have three receivers running essentially the same pattern in the same area of the field!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:36 am

finskev wrote:Jelani Jenkins at LB is Terrible, He can't shed Blockers included Wr so in the 3rd Quarter he started trying to run around the Blockers and Left those Holes You saw Blount running thru in the second Half.

Alonzo was the only Lb who ever went into the Pats Backfield the Whole Game, I thought an Aggressive defense would have Lb Blitzing all over the Place and creating chaos and that didn't happen at All.

looks like the defensive coordinator agrees with your assessment.

Joseph said “Suh has played really well. Kiko Alonso has played really well. Our problem in the run game has been the edges. We have to do a better job. That’s an issue we have to rectify quickly.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article103435642.html

the edges = Jenkins and Maxwell.

And speaking of Maxwell and breaking down film, can anyone translate what exactly this means?

“He has seen a lot of cut splits where they’re cutting the splits so he can’t press the receiver,” defensive coordinator Vance Joseph said. “It has been quick glances. It has been play action over routes. So, it has been tough for him to chase those routes. He has got to do it, because he is a press corner, so that’s what’s going to happen on game day. He has got to get better at chasing over routes.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article103492712.html

what is a "cut split" and how does it prevent the CB from pressing? i get that "play action" is a fake handoff, but "chasing over routes"? is this just a fancy way of saying he is biting on the fake handoffs and not sticking with his assigned coverage duties?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:52 am

No idea what a cut split is.  But you know what really prevents a CB from pressing?  Playing 15 yards off the line of scrimmage! 

I was hoping Joseph would design a strong defense that controlled the game and dictated what the opposing offense could do.  Instead, it's a bullshit playing-scared defense that sits back and cries "Thank you sir may I have another!"  No in-game adjustments and no clue how to stop the bleeding.  But it's all the players' fault, right?  Rolling Eyes

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:54 pm

I believe what he means by "cut split" is a quick cross at the line, so if he gets up and presses the receiver he will end up getting picked off the play by the inside man.

Solution?  Have the inside man play off coverage and drop the OLB into a 5-yard zone.

As far as "chasing over routes" I think it's part of the same thing, meaning, he has to chase his guy "over" the slot guy's cross.  That's not an effective way of doing it at all, and it'll end up screwing Maxwell's skill set entirely.  Create space for him with a little creativity.  Drop your slot coverage, move a guy into an underneath zone, hell bait them by using a zone blitz and drop one of the pass rushers for some easy breakups/picks then they think they can exploit the off slot coverage.

If your scheme is so simple to defeat press coverage by just putting a slot guy on that side of the field and then just getting him crossed up, then you sir, suck as a coordinator.  You could have Revis and he would look like shit in this defensive philosophy. If he's squared up in press, and so is the slot guy, and they do quick cross/rub plays, and you can't figure out how to stop it, retire, because that's half of the routes run inside 5 yards nowadays.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:39 pm

Nice analysis, Degarmo.  Dead on.

Like I said, this stuff isn't rocket science, and if Joseph watched any tape at all he should have known exactly what the Patriots would do.  It's mind-boggling that he was so unprepared to deal with that offense.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:16 pm

If your DBs sucked dirty donkey dingus lint balls, you would have them play way off too!

If they lose to Cleveland....

Yikes.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:22 pm

Again here is another meaningless tidbit....but, Since when did the Bengals ever have a top 5 defense ever?

Because this is the 2nd position coach from the bengals that we made a DC. What is the insistent attitude that the Bengals are the stuffs defenses are made of?
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:41 pm

I think the cut splits he is referring to is the splits are smaller (cut) then normal between the 2 receiver side alignment.  by decreasing the distance between the 2 pre snap,  Makes it almost impossible for press coverage.  A receiver would simply take 1 hard step towards the press and stop effectively 1) a legal rub, 2) making the press corner "chase" the route instead of running with the receiver.

Difficult for me to see how to defend  without actually looking at a play in its entirety but I would base my defense to the strong suits of my players.  Maxwell is a so called press corner.  Press corners help Pass rusher by disrupting the timings of routes. So the only way the press works is if your pass rush is effective.

rub routes are not different. If theres time to look there's time to throw.  As Ive said wrong personnel for the scheme

BTW, If you are such the press corner and you getting picked on rub routes then you suck as a press corner. Press corners get their reps with 5 yards of the line of scrimmage if you arent bumping the guy of his route then please my man stop calling yourself a physical corner because you really aren't being physical.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:03 pm

Umix10 wrote:Press corners get their reps with 5 yards of the line of scrimmage if you arent bumping the guy of his route then please my man stop calling yourself a physical corner because you really aren't being physical.

Exactly! Looks to me like Maxwell goes out of his way to avoid contact - he isn't physical at all. Great evaluation there, Tannenbaum! Rolling Eyes

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:30 pm

Umix10 wrote:I think the cut splits he is referring to is the splits are smaller (cut) then normal between the 2 receiver side alignment.  by decreasing the distance between the 2 pre snap,  Makes it almost impossible for press coverage.  A receiver would simply take 1 hard step towards the press and stop effectively 1) a legal rub, 2) making the press corner "chase" the route instead of running with the receiver.

Difficult for me to see how to defend  without actually looking at a play in its entirety but I would base my defense to the strong suits of my players.  Maxwell is a so called press corner.  Press corners help Pass rusher by disrupting the timings of routes. So the only way the press works is if your pass rush is effective.

rub routes are not different. If theres time to look there's time to throw.  As Ive said wrong personnel for the scheme

BTW, If you are such the press corner and you getting picked on rub routes then you suck as a press corner.  Press corners get their reps with 5 yards of the line of scrimmage if you arent bumping the guy of his route then please my man stop calling yourself a physical corner because you really aren't being physical.

That makes more sense, but I'd think the way to defeat that would be a double-press outside/inside and jam the shit out of them at the line. Yes, you could possibly set yourself up for a big play if you screw it up, but you could also create a pick-6, or, at least, turn it into a one-sided-field game.

You have five yards to beat up on the WR, use it.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down