The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phillips=tannenbaum

+4
rightchea
JMP
Birdmond
CarsonChris
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Phillips=tannenbaum  - Page 2 Empty Re: Phillips=tannenbaum

Post by HalCHorn Thu May 14, 2015 12:50 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Cam was definitely worse than those two. I still remember Handley beating the Niners in the '91 opener (and thinking that meant he wouldn't actually be that bad a coach) and believe it or not Kotite actually coached a playoff team in '92 and had the Iggles 7-2 in '94 before imploding to 7-9. Cam meanwhile was a Brian Billick fraidy-cat decision away from 0-16. And the local Fins media were actually wanting him to be retained the next season because of too much change being bad, or something Shocked Rolling Eyes

I truly believe Cam Cameron was the worst NFL head coach of the last 75 years. I actually went through records of coaches who lasted at least 12 games once and found Cam to be the only one I could find who had a winning percentage as low as .063 while inheriting a team that was a full 5 wins ahead of that percentage before he arrived.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu May 14, 2015 4:34 am

Awesome work, Hal!!! Very Happy cheers

I felt it was true at the time, and it's nice to see it officially confirmed Smile

There's a reason Billick never coached again in the NFL after that season, and it wasn't because he went 5-11. Even in a league that will forgive or overlook seemingly anything, losing to a Cam Cameron coached team was beyond the pale. His decision NOT to go for it on 4th and goal from INSIDE the one was so mind blowingly awful, the conspiracy theorist in me thinks he got orders from above not to do it.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu May 14, 2015 4:35 am

HalCHorn wrote:"He's got one major problem as I see it: he has the personality of a block of wood and he's awkward in front of a camera.."

To be fair, that also describes the 1991-1993 version of Belicheck.  Remember the Kosar/waivers fiasco? (That resulted in Todd Freaking Philcox, starting quarterback for a week!)

Belichick is where he is today because the Browns selected Spergon Wynn in the 6th round of the '01 draft instead of Brady. Period. And even then he's had to cheat to reach and stay on top.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu May 14, 2015 6:33 am

Back to Phillips: I saw on Instagram Phillips bought 4 new cars. Come on man.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu May 14, 2015 1:09 pm

Well obiviously Hickey doesn't have final say in what happen and wonder how many other players wasn't Hickey decision.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu May 14, 2015 2:31 pm

Birdmond wrote:Back to Phillips:  I saw on Instagram Phillips bought 4 new cars.  Come on man.

I don't even want to know why you're checking out NFL rookies' Instagram accounts Shocked Suspect

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu May 14, 2015 2:54 pm

Because he's a Miami Dolphin. That's what I do.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu May 14, 2015 3:06 pm

As long as you're not doing stuff like checking out Brady's Facebook page I *suppose* I can let it go. This time Wink

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2