The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The roster the Dolphins built for 2016 is in line for a 2017 rebuild

4 posters

Go down

The roster the Dolphins built for 2016 is in line for a 2017 rebuild   Empty The roster the Dolphins built for 2016 is in line for a 2017 rebuild

Post by rightchea Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:46 pm

ARMANDO SALGUERO wrote:The Miami Dolphins tried to trade Billy Turner and Dallas Thomas before they cut them earlier this week, and obviously no one was interested enough in the offensive linemen as to offer anything for them.

And that’s where the Dolphins find themselves this already disappointing 1-4 season: They have a lot of players other teams don’t want. The Dolphins, frankly, have a significant number of players they don’t want.

The roster Mike Tannenbaum, Chris Grier and Adam Gase put together with almost 100 percent agreement from all the parties involved, was built to be rather easily rebuilt.

And that’s just what is going to happen if an already derailed season becomes a full-on train wreck.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article108249662.html

I think that it was funny they really tried to trade Turner or Thomas for the first part and second of all I see Grier being removed from his position so that Tannebaum and Gase can stay around for another year or 2.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

The roster the Dolphins built for 2016 is in line for a 2017 rebuild   Empty Re: The roster the Dolphins built for 2016 is in line for a 2017 rebuild

Post by JMP Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:18 pm

I think you're right - Tannenbaum and Gase will throw Grier under the bus to keep their jobs after this season. Unfortunately for them, they won't have a scapegoat if/when they tank the 2017 season. I wish we could just fast forward to the time when all these clowns get fired. It's painful watching these incompetent idiots do their jobs.

This past offseason was such a waste...fill the roster with free agents on one-year contracts so you have to blow it all up again the following offseason. Rolling Eyes

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The roster the Dolphins built for 2016 is in line for a 2017 rebuild   Empty Re: The roster the Dolphins built for 2016 is in line for a 2017 rebuild

Post by Degarmo Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:05 pm

And still this front office is rife with political maneuvering. Nothing has changed since the Ireland/Aponte/Philbin days. There are no "football" guys in place, just a bunch of simpering, backstabbing assholes that have no desire for the team to improve until THEY are the ones in full power.

Putting together a roster bent on failure is an offense which should result in immediate termination. Ross should have better business sense than to let this occur on his team. If you're looking to rebuild, then fucking rebuild. Tannenbaum going out and making trades for veterans, quabbling over $500K for a future excellent running back and opening a hole there, decimating the linebacker corps, filling the line with oft-injured and overpaid crap . . . if they're trying to fail, just go talk to Ross and tell him you need to blow it up. If he says no, it's your job to convince him of YES, because he (Ross) admittedly doesn't know what the fuck to do with a football team.

This is bullshit. It's an underhanded way of getting themselves a rebuild at the expense of everyone but themselves, and they should be fired on the spot for it. We didn't have to waste this fucking season. If Tannehill wasn't going to be his guy, then don't take the fucking job, or tell the owner what you want. All this smacks of to me is backroom deals and more instability in the front office, paired with an overwhelmed coach and one of the worst GMs of all time.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:25 pm

Here's another thing. We don't have the picks to start a real rebuild next year, so they better start trading shit away. My prediction? They do practically nothing until the draft where they trade down and sprint away from any real generational talent that may be high on the board for more picks, then grab a bunch of dog turds and try to make players out of them.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:37 pm

Perfectly said Degarmo, I really wish Ross would start reading this board.

Even he may fucking learn something, for once.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down