The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The tape don’t lie: Miami Dolphins at LA Rams, a review

5 posters

Go down

The tape don’t lie: Miami Dolphins at LA Rams, a review Empty The tape don’t lie: Miami Dolphins at LA Rams, a review

Post by rightchea Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:01 am

This is a good read and review.

Joe Schad wrote:The Miami Dolphins have won five consecutive games. And they are alive in the AFC playoff picture. Somehow, Miami found a way to win at Los Angeles on Sunday, when they appeared lifeless and hopeless with six minutes to play. Despite the victory, there were some things that showed up on tape offensively that are cause for concern.

Dolphins coach Adam Gase says, “The tape don’t lie.”

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/11/23/the-tape-dont-lie-miami-dolphins-at-la-rams-a-review/

rightchea

Back to top Go down

The tape don’t lie: Miami Dolphins at LA Rams, a review Empty Re: The tape don’t lie: Miami Dolphins at LA Rams, a review

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:56 pm

THANK YOU, RIGHTCHEA!!! AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

The tape don’t lie: Miami Dolphins at LA Rams, a review Empty Re: The tape don’t lie: Miami Dolphins at LA Rams, a review

Post by Umix10 Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:01 pm

the tape doesn't lie and if you nitpick at the tape like the article does you have to look at from a hindsight perspective to grasp what is being editorialized.

The reality that is not talked about is that Miami, although purely executed stuck to the run game regardless. There is a steep drop off from our starters to the 2nd team. Essentially once Pouncey and
Albert were ruled out we were going to lose something. When Tunsil exits the oline became the 2nd team with 2 starters. But the running game was persistent. Weather had a lot to do it but that's the game.

The last 5 minutes were more about what the Rams stopped doing then what Miami adjusted to. The first 55 minutes the Rams brought constant pressure and loaded the box. The last 5 minutes they laid off the pressure and relied on the front 4. Tannehill saw less pressure in the last 5 minutes than the first 55. they tried to defend the sideline with 7 DB's and gave up the middle.

I don't wanna take away from the comeback but the tape dont lie.

Just my thoughts about it.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:06 pm

Great post, Umix. I noticed that too...seemed like a completely different Rams defense late in the game.

It was a strange game, with the Miami offense playing like absolute dogcrap for three and a half quarters. I think Tannehill had less than 60 yards passing at one point late in the 3rd!

Regardless, comeback victories are always sweet!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:58 pm

I can pick apart losses in the past where we played pretty damn well for the entire game. I don't really give a crap anymore. They won, with 3 guys out on the offensive line. I'll take it.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down