The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS: Tannehill signs contract extension through 2020

+5
white1
mercury22nathan
JEGnj
DolFan 316
JMP
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Tannehill signs contract extension through 2020 - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Tannehill signs contract extension through 2020

Post by JMP Wed May 20, 2015 10:02 am

Funny quote from the Hyde article that merc listed (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dave-hyde-blog/sfl-hyde5-what-tannehill-needs-to-improve-most-on-no-not-long-ball-20150520-story.html):

"Well today's market showed that a 25-25 record gets you 96 million American dollars ... Andrew's about to own a team I think."
- Indianapolis punter Pat McAfee on Tannehill's deal and teammate Andrew Luck's impending one.

That's hilarious! lol!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Tannehill signs contract extension through 2020 - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Tannehill signs contract extension through 2020

Post by white1 Wed May 20, 2015 10:06 am

Luck is clearly a great player, but I am holding out hope the Colts will never win a Superbowl with him. If he's superexpensive it makes it even tougher for them.

I am still extremely bitter about Indy's fortune. From Peyton Manning seamlessly to the best QB prospect in over a decade, with just one season of despair to suffer. Not fair. Not fair at all.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed May 20, 2015 10:12 am

white1 wrote:Luck is clearly a great player, but I am holding out hope the Colts will never win a Superbowl with him.  If he's superexpensive it makes it even tougher for them.

I am still extremely bitter about Indy's fortune.  From Peyton Manning seamlessly to the best QB prospect in over a decade, with just one season of despair to suffer.  Not fair.  Not fair at all.

I actually like Luck quite a bit...he's an excellent QB and seems like a really cool guy. I agree that it's not fair that the Colts went from Manning to Luck, but kudos to them for knowing how to work the system.

And...I would not be surprised at all the see the Colts in the Super Bowl this season. In fact, I think they are my early AFC champs.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed May 20, 2015 10:29 am

That is interesting. There are going to be people that will be hating the fact that he got such a deal. But for the fact that some of his teammates didn't say anything means his chemistry with the team is not the greatest

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed May 20, 2015 11:45 am

Not making any comparisions at ALL, but rodgers isn't well liked by a lot of his teammates either because He has an Ego and lets You know it. Tanneyhill will start getting His Respect when we start winning games and get this team in the Playoffs. His Contract is Pretty much what I thought it would be and he will be worth every penny if he just keeps improving.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed May 20, 2015 12:21 pm

finskev wrote:Not making any comparisions at ALL, but rodgers isn't well liked by a lot of his teammates either because He has an Ego and lets You know it. Tanneyhill will start getting His Respect when we start winning games and get this team in the Playoffs. His Contract is Pretty much what I thought it would be and he will be worth every penny if he just keeps improving.

I know that Rodgers tells corny jokes and his teammates make fun of him as a result, but I never heard that he isn't well-liked. Regardless, he's the best QB on the planet and he is the definition of "on-field leader"...and that makes all the difference.

I agree that Tannehill will get widespread respect only when he starts winning.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed May 20, 2015 1:16 pm

Most of the People that didn't like rodgers are gone now and there will always be players who are Jealous of the Man with the Money, I'm sure there are people on Defense who are jealous of Suh for getting the Cash. But to get back on Topic, 27 and 12 wasn't bad last year but I would love to see 40 Tds this Year and I'm hoping it happens because we will be playing in the Second week of January.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed May 20, 2015 1:33 pm

I'm hoping that Cameron stays healthy, because that can be a giant difference maker in Tannehill's development.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed May 20, 2015 2:00 pm

finskev wrote:27 and 12 wasn't bad last year but I would love to see 40 Tds this Year and I'm hoping it happens because we will be playing in the Second week of January.

Yep, 40 TDs would be huge. I think Lazor needs to trust Tannehill and let him make plays. You can't have your QB play in a 20-yard box and expect him to be elite. Sure, if you give Tannehill more responsibility he may make more mistakes - but he may also make more big plays. Put the dink-and-dunk crap away and let Tannehill rip it...that's the only way he's going to get better. Relying on receivers to break a million tackles just to get 5 yards is not going to get us over the hump.

Degarmo wrote:I'm hoping that Cameron stays healthy, because that can be a giant difference maker in Tannehill's development.

I don't know...I'm not convinced Cameron is any better than Clay, even if he stays healthy. Cameron is taller, and in theory that could help in the red zone, but so far he's been a one-year wonder. I'm just not expecting much.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu May 21, 2015 6:44 am

I really like JT Barrett in the second round next year. Even if he doesn't play a snap for OSU this season. I doubt Miami would take a QB that high but that would be my pick.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2