The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phins could have a new Center against Jets???

3 posters

Go down

Phins could have a new Center against Jets??? Empty Phins could have a new Center against Jets???

Post by JMP Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:23 am

I hope so...Steen sucks.  I'd go with Urbik.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/12/15/dolphins-undecided-on-starting-center-for-jets-game/

A day after saying he expected to stay with Anthony Steen at center, coach Adam Gase indicated the team is undecided. Miami could go to back-up guard Kraig Urbik or recent signee Jake Brendel.

“We’ll see how it goes,” Gase said when asked if Steen will continue as the starting center in place of Mike Pouncey, who is on Injured Reserve. “We’ve been repping a lot of guys as far as moving guys around the on the o-line as far as contingency plans. We’re always looking to see what our best lineup is for that week. In the past, we’ve kinda done the same thing.

“We’ll see what happens the rest of the week. I know Steen’s pretty beat up, too. He’s got things that have been lingering, and we want to make sure whoever we do put out there—the movement is the most important thing.”

Pro Football Focus currently ranks Steen the third-worst center in the league. As Gase mentioned, health is a factor in his struggles. He has a neck injury and has been playing through a major ankle issue all year.

Urbik can play any of the interior line positions, having worked at all three during his time in Buffalo. Those Bills seasons also helped prepare him for the kind of cold, sloppy conditions the Dolphins could face Saturday.

“I’ve started, I think, 10 games at center,” he said. “I’m very comfortable there. I did it all the time all those years in Buffalo, and I take snaps every day in practice. Very comfortable.”

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Phins could have a new Center against Jets??? Empty Re: Phins could have a new Center against Jets???

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:45 pm

I heard about this a couple of days ago. Once again Gase is demonstrating and ability to learn and adapt that previous Fins coaches never had Very Happy

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Phins could have a new Center against Jets??? Empty Re: Phins could have a new Center against Jets???

Post by JMP Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:56 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I heard about this a couple of days ago. Once again Gase is demonstrating and ability to learn and adapt that previous Fins coaches never had Very Happy

Imagine that...identify a weak spot and try to fix it! Unheard of in recent Dolphins history.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:07 pm

I think we actually have our coach.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down