Set up fairly nicely now

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Set up fairly nicely now

Post by HalCHorn on Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:50 pm

Baltimore is a game behind us and has to play at Pittsburgh.

Houston and Tennessee are both 8-6, a game behind and play each other.

Denver has to go to Kansas City and another game against Oakland.

Win at Buffalo and we should be in very good shape. Isn't going to be easy without Pouncey (no 200 yards from Ajayi this time I'm afraid) and Tannehill, but it's what we have to do.

HalCHorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Set up fairly nicely now

Post by JMP on Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:09 pm

Yep, it's in our hands. Take care of business in Buffalo. Definitely won't be easy against that Bills running attack...but it's there for the taking. GO PHINS!!!!

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:18 pm

Now it really is possible for this team to clinch a playoff spot by beating the Bills, depending on how the other games go. I don't want them to have to beat the Pats to get in.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:57 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Now it really is possible for this team to clinch a playoff spot by beating the Bills, depending on how the other games go. I don't want them to have to beat the Pats to get in.

Exactly.  I really don't want that Patriots game to be a "must win" situation for Miami.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:29 am

Maybe it's the injuries, or maybe I'm just getting more chill with time, I'm not all that worked up to get a "W" and make the playoffs.

I remember being bitterly disappointed when we missed the playoffs that season when all we needed was a win over the Jets or Bills to get in. I guess at that point I still believed Philbin was a good coach, and Tannehill was our franchise QB that could carry the team.

This season I just feel differently. We're missing so much to injury, and there are areas of the roster desperately in need of significant upgrades. I really don't know how we are doing it. We shouldn't be winning with this squad, but somehow we are.

If we lose to Buffalo and New England, I'm still proud of getting to 9 wins. Huge accomplishment. My estimate going in was 6 or 7 wins, so they've already well exceeded that level of success. Further, Buffalo is a physical team, a bad matchup, and we have to go up there in late December facing the weather also. New England, if they want the game, should easily win it. They are just playing so well right now.

All in all it's been a fun season. I'm ready to accept it whatever way it ends. We've built a team for once, and we've got a young, creative coach with an innovative offensive mind. Things could be much, much worse, and the future is looking bright in Miami.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:13 am

I should probably start a separate thread about this, but white's post made me think of it.  I haven't enjoyed this season as much as I should have.  I am certainly happy about the winning season and the coaching staff, but I feel disconnected to this team.  Part of it is, I really don't like any of the players the way I used to like, say, Zach Thomas or Sam Madison, and for all his success I really don't like Gase.

I don't know...I just don't have that fire in me right now.  Maybe I've just been beaten down for so long and I don't know how to react anymore when this team wins.  I used to yell and scream (in both joy and anger) during Dolphin games, and now I watch the games and barely make a sound.  Saturday night, my wife assumed that the Dolphins lost because I was so quiet! 

Not sure what to do about it, but I've been thinking about it a lot over the last few weeks.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond on Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:56 pm

JMP wrote:I should probably start a separate thread about this, but white's post made me think of it.  I haven't enjoyed this season as much as I should have.  I am certainly happy about the winning season and the coaching staff, but I feel disconnected to this team.  Part of it is, I really don't like any of the players the way I used to like, say, Zach Thomas or Sam Madison, and for all his success I really don't like Gase.

I don't know...I just don't have that fire in me right now.  Maybe I've just been beaten down for so long and I don't know how to react anymore when this team wins.  I used to yell and scream (in both joy and anger) during Dolphin games, and now I watch the games and barely make a sound.  Saturday night, my wife assumed that the Dolphins lost because I was so quiet! 

Not sure what to do about it, but I've been thinking about it a lot over the last few weeks.

I really like Landry, Wake and Suh. Ajai, Parker and Drake are really growing on me. I also like Howard and Lippett. But I'm fully expecting to be disappointed again these next two weeks. But I'm exited about the long term future of the team.

Birdmond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:05 pm

Landry is a player that I really want to like, but he's borderline-dirty and the stupid 15-yard penalties he draws all the time just get me frustrated.

I loved Suh in college and with the Lions, and of course he remains a great player.  But as I get to know about him more, he just seems like a dick.  Great player, but difficult for me to really root for him.

Wake is awesome and easily my favorite Dolphin, but I don't know...I don't feel the same as I did for Zach, JT, etc.

Howard may become a favorite of mine if he can stay on the field. 

Gase looks like he's got the team headed in the right direction...just have to start hitting on more draft picks.  Hopefully I can get fully on board next season!  LOL

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond on Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:35 pm

I will say the bigggest thing that got me down was the uniform change. Hate it and always will.

Birdmond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:15 pm

Birdmond wrote:I will say the bigggest thing that got me down was the uniform change.  Hate it and always will.  

Yeah, I think that's where my "indifference" really started.  I HATE these uniforms.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:32 pm

JMP wrote:Landry is a player that I really want to like, but he's borderline-dirty and the stupid 15-yard penalties he draws all the time just get me frustrated.

IMO Landry isn't dirty, he's just...overexuberant at times. I just don't get the vibe that he's going out there thinking about how he can end opponents' seasons and/or careers. You can't compare Landry to someone like, say, Vontaze Burfict.

I loved Suh in college and with the Lions, and of course he remains a great player.  But as I get to know about him more, he just seems like a dick.  Great player, but difficult for me to really root for him.

In life a lot of times people with exceptional talent in their chosen field or with very high intelligence are going to be dicks because they honestly see themselves as better than everyone else they're around. Just how it is. Fortunately I don't have that problem Cool

Wake is awesome and easily my favorite Dolphin, but I don't know...I don't feel the same as I did for Zach, JT, etc.

It's because of all the losing. When a team loses all the time even the best players on it don't seem all that special.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:36 pm

Birdmond wrote:I will say the bigggest thing that got me down was the uniform change.  Hate it and always will.

Now THIS we can agree on!!! cheers cheers cheers

Seriously, they look...effeminate, thanks to the watered down aqua. The new logo looks like something an ad agency would come up with for a trendy bistro. And unless the aqua pants are worn there's just way too much white. It doesn't help to see them in the old unis either, only reminds me of how great they used to be.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:34 am

At first I thought I liked the unis, but now I really don't like them at all. When you see those old dark aqua jerseys . . . we need to just go back to the '72 stuff and stay there.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj on Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:50 am

JMP maybe it's that we are getting older and don't like players like we use to but I feel the same way. Maybe its the FA and jumping teams every few years. I can't stand Tannehill so it's not a choice. Maybe Landry, Wake or Suh but we don't have that fan favorite that will be here for 10 years and be Ring of Honor. That is what this team has been missing since Marino, Zach, JT, etc retired.
JEGnj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:47 am

JEGnj wrote:JMP maybe it's that we are getting older and don't like players like we use to but I feel the same way. Maybe its the FA and jumping teams every few years. I can't stand Tannehill so it's not a choice. Maybe Landry, Wake or Suh but we don't have that fan favorite that will be here for 10 years and be Ring of Honor. That is what this team has been missing since Marino, Zach, JT, etc retired.

Yeah, I do think that's a part of it.

I really thought Tannehill would be the player like that for me.  I bought a Tannehill shirt soon after he was drafted and I got a Tannehill jersey from China soon after that.  But, he just isn't a player that inspires, well, anything.  He's just sort of there...just another guy on the team, not what I want from a QB.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:17 pm

With Miami doing so well you would think that some body would be talking about them but you barely hear anything about Miami.

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic on Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:14 pm

Well, I have found that the OLDER I get, the less important the Dolphins get to me.

I still like watching the games, but I am nowhere near as avid a Phan as I used to be.

And apparently, you all owe me a HUGE THANK YOU.

After I cut my Sunday Ticket, the Phins go on a winning streak!

You are all welcome. I should have done it years ago.

Back on track: I say the Bills beat the Phins like a High School senior beating up an asthmatic sixth grader!

Seriously bad beat down IMHO.

The only hope they have is that the Pats do not have one single thing to play for, and that the Phins can EKE OUT a narrow victory over the Pats third and fourth stringers.

finfanatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:41 pm

rightchea wrote:With Miami doing so well you would think that some body would be talking about them but you barely hear anything about Miami.

I think it's because no one really believes in the Phins yet, even with the winning streak.   But also, the Phins aren't very marketable.  There's no household names or larger-than-life star players.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond on Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:43 pm

finfanatic wrote:Well, I have found that the OLDER I get, the less important the Dolphins get to me.

I still like watching the games, but I am nowhere near as avid a Phan as I used to be.

And apparently, you all owe me a HUGE THANK YOU.

After I cut my Sunday Ticket, the Phins go on a winning streak!

You are all welcome. I should have done it years ago.

Back on track: I say the Bills beat the Phins like a High School senior beating up an asthmatic sixth grader!

Seriously bad beat down IMHO.

The only hope they have is that the Pats do not have one single thing to play for, and that the Phins can EKE OUT a narrow victory over the Pats third and fourth stringers.

I agree with the beatdown but I've been wrong about every game so there's that.

Birdmond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris on Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:39 pm

It's the Dolphin doldrums. 20 years of irrelevance with a dash of hope thrown in once a decade. I think I've watched this last two game scenario before. It's like a repetitive nightmare. The Baltimore beat down didn't help! Had a running game, now it's gone. Still don't know what to think of the team.

CarsonChris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:30 pm

We will have to see with Gase is really made of next season. I know that Miami's schedule is going to be really hard next two years just because Miami might make the playoffs. Who was it that took Miami to the playoffs then tanked the next two years in a row

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top