The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins surprisingly waive DL Jason Jones

3 posters

Go down

Dolphins surprisingly waive DL Jason Jones Empty Dolphins surprisingly waive DL Jason Jones

Post by JMP Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:45 pm

ROTOWORLD wrote:Dolphins waived DE Jason Jones.
The move is surprising two days ahead of Miami's Wild Card trip to Pittsburgh. A big part of the Fins' defensive line rotation, Jones posted 3.5 sacks across 14 appearances and wasn't playing noticeably poorly. The Miami Herald reported Jones requested his release after the Dolphins' coaching staff informed him he would not be active for Saturday's playoff game.

Very surprising.  Jones is a solid player and we could definitely use him against the Steelers.  Wonder what happened???  scratch

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dolphins surprisingly waive DL Jason Jones Empty Re: Dolphins surprisingly waive DL Jason Jones

Post by rightchea Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:56 pm

I thought that was crazy as well. I thought he was doing so well

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Dolphins surprisingly waive DL Jason Jones Empty Re: Dolphins surprisingly waive DL Jason Jones

Post by white1 Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:19 am

Odd. When you look at all the FA pickups on the defensive line, most did not work out for us. Mario Williams is a goner, Branch is a free agent I'm not sure we'll want to keep, and now Jones gone too. Leaving us with Wake, Suh, Phillips and a whole lot of nothing on the defensive line.

We have to be better than that on the talent acquisition side. Both through free agency and the draft.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:22 am

They will probably keep Branch since the DL is so thin. With Miami going to the playoffs, Miami might be able to get good players for cheap since players might want to play for them again.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:28 am

white1 wrote:Odd.  When you look at all the FA pickups on the defensive line, most did not work out for us.  Mario Williams is a goner, Branch is a free agent I'm not sure we'll want to keep, and now Jones gone too.  Leaving us with Wake, Suh, Phillips and a whole lot of nothing on the defensive line.

We have to be better than that on the talent acquisition side.  Both through free agency and the draft.

Agreed.

It's pathetic that a DL featuring Suh and Wake could be so horrendously bad against the run, and generate zero pass rush in big games.

Branch is serviceable - nothing more.  I'd only keep him on a cheap, short-term deal.  He offers very little as a pass rusher and he's weak against the run.  No big loss if he signs elsewhere...and shouldn't be difficult to find an upgrade.  Mario Williams is done.  Mitchell and Phillips are both inconsistent and mostly mediocre.  Fede is a bottom-of-the-roster player that offers nothing.

So yeah, DL is basically a mess...and it's compounded by the fact that we have the worst LBs in the NFL.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down