more Foerster?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

more Foerster?

Post by mercury22nathan on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:26 pm

seems kind of like a jerk move to block a guy from the chance at interviewing for what would be a promotion.

The Rams hired Wade Phillips to be Sean McVay’s defensive coordinator shortly after hiring McVay as head coach, but their attempt to interview one of their offensive coordinator candidates has reportedly hit a snag.

Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that the Dolphins have blocked the Rams’ request to interview offensive line coach Chris Foerster for the opening. Teams may block assistants from interviewing with other teams for positions other than head coach.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/13/report-dolphins-ol-coach-chris-foerster-blocked-from-rams-oc-interview/

so how motivated will he now be to do a good job for the team that is holding him back from advancement? and then again, it isn't like his o-line was all that great to begin with...

The Miami Dolphins had the third-worst offensive line in the NFL.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/01/13/miami-dolphins-had-nfls-third-worst-offensive-line-says-pro-football-focus/

mercury22nathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: more Foerster?

Post by JMP on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:55 pm

Ugh. Gase seems really targeted on maintaining "continuity" in places where the team simply wasn't good. I'd love to see him be more flexible, and more open to making improvements rather than sticking with the status quo.

My opinions on Chris Foerster should be well known here...let's just say I think he's a terrible coach.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:10 am

I think it comes down to players not having to get use to another coach for a third straight season. Miami got rid of the whole staff last year and now they will have to see someone new. I guess that would make some type of sense.

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:32 pm

rightchea wrote:I think it comes down to players not having to get use to another coach for a third straight season. Miami got rid of the whole staff last year and now they will have to see someone new. I guess that would make some type of sense.  

We're going to be getting a lot of new players, and the goal should be to improve - not to keep everyone comfortable.  It's not like we had a great OL this season - far from it.

Last edited by JMP on Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:44 pm

The best offensive line in the NFL has 4 first round picks on it. They were healthy through most of the year. We had a shaky offensive line that saw 2 starters released in week 4. We had injuries to the center and LT. We were a patch work line that limited sacks and produced a 1200 yard rusher. Considering the improvements with roughly the same talent Foerster did well.

CarsonChris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:11 pm

CarsonChris wrote:The best offensive line in the NFL has 4 first round picks on it. They were healthy through most of the year. We had a shaky offensive line that saw 2 starters released in week 4. We had injuries to the center and LT. We were a patch work line that limited sacks and produced a 1200 yard rusher.  Considering the improvements with roughly the same talent Foerster did well.

Let's not settle for mediocrity. Just because the line was improved this season, that doesn't mean it was good. The OL gave up a ton of QB hits, and the team had less than 100 yards rushing in 11 out of 17 games.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:08 pm

We need improvement in the talent acquisition. We need a center, RG, and LG. I don't expect Albert to last forever or Pouncey to be reliable. We started 3 centers, and 3 RG this year. 2 left tackles, 2RG and 2 RT. To say we had personnel problems is an understatement

CarsonChris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:35 pm

Miami biggest issue is keeping their players healthy........Oh wait, if they stop drafting injured players they wouldn't be in this situation

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum