Dolphins Will Rollover $8.36 Million In Salary Cap Space

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dolphins Will Rollover $8.36 Million In Salary Cap Space

Post by rightchea on Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:59 pm

Kdog92 wrote:According to numbers released by the NFLPA, the Dolphins will rollover $8.36 million in cap space. This is some good news as the team is going to look to retain Kenny Stills and Andre Branch while also looking to extend players such as Jarvis Landry and Reshad Jones. The Dolphins are probably going to be looking at defensive free agents (maybe Lawrence Timmons). The team can also make more room by releasing some veteran players, most notably Mario Williams.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2017/1/19/14302656/the-splash-zone-1-19-17-dolphins-will-rollover-8-36-million-in-cap-space-adam-gase-jarvis-landry

THis is a good read like some of the points that he/she made

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dolphins Will Rollover $8.36 Million In Salary Cap Space

Post by white1 on Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:44 am

Branch is not my priority, but given the DE market it might make sense to retain him. Personally, my priority for these four:

1A - Reshad Jones
1B - Jarvis Landry
2 - Stills
3 - Branch

I definitely sign the top 3.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:11 am

I wouldn't extend Jones yet. He'll be 29 next month, has one year left on his contract making huge $$$, and he's coming off an injury-shortened season. I'd wait and see how he looks...seems premature to extend him at this point.

But it does make sense to extend Landry now. He's making peanuts and the Phins need to keep him happy as he enters the prime of his career.

I'd work to res-sign Stills before free agency begins. If he hits the open market, I think he'll become too expensive for the Phins. But to me, it really comes down to how the Phins feel about Carroo. If they think he can be a #3 receiver in 2017, it makes it easier to walk away from Stills and save a ton of money. But if they don't think he'll be ready, signing Stills becomes a priority.

I'm not really interested in bringing Branch back. I'd let him hit the open market and see what kind of offers he gets. If the money gets too high, let him go. Not really a big loss - guys like him are easy to find. Plus, we need a true starting DE that can rush the passer opposite Wake. In an ideal world, Branch would be just a rotational backup. But he will likely get starter's money in free agency, so to me it makes more sense to just let him walk and move on.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top