The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of Course They Won

+2
DolFan 316
Degarmo
6 posters

Go down

Of Course They Won Empty Of Course They Won

Post by Degarmo Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:12 am

There was never any doubt.  Talk about shitting the bed.  Way to go Falcons.  An impossible shitstorm of fail just blew in off the coast.

Fucking Patriots.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Of Course They Won Empty Re: Of Course They Won

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:02 am

I literally never even watched a second of it and I'm still psychologically damaged. This must be the way millennials felt when Trump won. I'm REALLY tempted to call for a protest of the result. Seriously, I strongly feel there should be marching in the streets about this. Hey, people protest everything else, right? If I had my way, this would be declared a national tragedy just below the level of 911 and Pearl Harbor. Again, totally serious.

In my 43 years on this earth, it's the single most absurdly ludicrous, nonsensical and flat-out unacceptable outcome to any sporting event ever. Even without watching any of it, I still say it was fixed. The NBA rigged the Finals so Lebron would win, and now this. Team sports is dead to me. There's just no point to it anymore.

And that's all I've got to say. I refuse to discuss this heinous travesty any further.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:11 am; edited 2 times in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:53 am

Normally I'd be disappointed but I am happy for Cris Long. One of the coolest dudes in sports. Also it was an amazing game. Saved an otherwise historically bad NFL season.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:05 am

Given the devastating nature of the loss, I doubt if this edition of the Falcons ever makes it back.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:27 am

I live in Atlanta. It was fun to see the city rally around the team. Would have been great to see them win it all. What a heartbreaker.

Hal, I think you are correct. It's not just that Shanahan is leavlng. Ryan will have to face the specter - again - of failing to deliver when he was needed. When the other team starts to come back, you can't go into a shell on offense, and continually go 3 and out all day. That was just what the Pats needed to come back. The "hangover" from this Superbowl is likely to be quite brutal. Would not be surprised if the Falcons fail to make the postseason next year.

However, what the team is building is sustainable if they can get over this and stay the course. Excellent running game, multiple weapons, a huge deep threat in Julio, and a defense built on speed with an excellent pass rush. They were following the recipe through 3 quarters last night - pressure Brady and force him into mistakes and misfires. A ton of dropped passes which showed just how badly the Pats were pressing. Then they recovered, unfortunately.

Sports radio here this morning was epic. Fans vowing to never watch the team again, one guy said he's quitting watching sports altogether, another expressed the desire to move and leave the city. It's not just the loss, it's the historic, record breaking lead they gave up in the process. The win was there for the taking, it slipped through their fingers.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:30 am

The Falcons have a lot of young talent. They'll kill another draft and be back.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:44 am

It went from one of the worst Super Bowls I've ever seen to maybe the best I've ever seen. What an unbelievably amazing comeback. As much as I hate the damn Patriots, I just can't say enough about how fucking good they are. The coaching was absolutely brilliant last night, and so many players stepped up and made big plays. Wow. Of course, it helped that the Falcons pretty much left the building after the incredible Julio Jones sideline catch, but you can't take anything away from the Patriots. Again - wow.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum