The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dan Patrick: If I'm Joe Burrow, I'd rather go to Dolphins than Bengals in NFL Draft

2 posters

Go down

Dan Patrick: If I'm Joe Burrow, I'd rather go to Dolphins than Bengals in NFL Draft Empty Dan Patrick: If I'm Joe Burrow, I'd rather go to Dolphins than Bengals in NFL Draft

Post by rightchea Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:31 pm

interesting...

Dave Clark wrote:"(The Bengals) aren't winning a Super Bowl anytime soon," Patrick said Tuesday on The Dan Patrick Show. "And I don't think you can have it both ways if you're Joe Burrow. You want to go No. 1 - even if you go No. 1 to the Dolphins, you're still not going to a very good team. ... If Joe Burrow really wanted to go to the Bengals, he would say, 'I hope they draft me. I want to go No. 1. And I want to bring that team back to the Super Bowl.' Like if you're all in on the Bengals, it would sound like you're all in on the Bengals. He's keeping his options open here because I don't know if he's all in on the Cincinnati Bengals. I wouldn't be. And I'm from Cincinnati. This is business. If you get into a situation like Deshaun Watson got into, or Patrick Mahomes got into, or Jared Goff go into, Carson Wentz got into, now you have a chance to succeed. Because you can get in - and Cincinnati has had quarterbacks - David Klingler, Akili Smith - you get in, and all of a sudden, you can't get out."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/02/04/dan-patrick-slams-bengals-defense-zac-taylor-joe-burrow-debate/4658923002/

I heard someone else say that Andy Dalton was also advised not to go to the Bengals but he believed that he could change the culture and minds of the owner who didn't want the team to go to the Superbowl.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Dan Patrick: If I'm Joe Burrow, I'd rather go to Dolphins than Bengals in NFL Draft Empty Re: Dan Patrick: If I'm Joe Burrow, I'd rather go to Dolphins than Bengals in NFL Draft

Post by JMP Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:51 am

The Bengals have a good RB, a couple of good receivers (one of whom is GREAT), and some key pieces on defense. It's actually not a bad situation for Burrow. Sure, you can question their unproven coaching staff and definitely their ownership, but that roster is not in as bad shape as Dan Patrick makes it seem here.

Regardless, Burrow is going to be a Bengal so it's really not an issue.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dan Patrick: If I'm Joe Burrow, I'd rather go to Dolphins than Bengals in NFL Draft Empty Re: Dan Patrick: If I'm Joe Burrow, I'd rather go to Dolphins than Bengals in NFL Draft

Post by rightchea Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:46 am

definitely see that happening, just thought it was interesting that this popped up after I heard someone tell Dalton not to go to the Bengals

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:43 pm

Speaking of Dalton, I heard someone mention Dalton as a possibility for the Patriots if they don't keep Brady. It's an interesting idea. Dalton has had a pretty good career, statistically, and he could be a good fit for the Pats if they build the wide receiver group.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:38 pm

I agree, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't do well in NE

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down