The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name your pick at 5

+9
scotgif
finskev
HalCHorn
finfanatic
Degarmo
DolFan 316
mercury22nathan
JMP
CarsonChris
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Name your pick at 5 Empty Name your pick at 5

Post by CarsonChris Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:18 pm

Name who you think Miami picks not who you want them to pick. Then name who you wanted them to pick. Could be the same

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Name your pick at 5 Empty Re: Name your pick at 5

Post by JMP Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:36 pm

Tua for both answers...but you knew that already.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:13 pm

i think the pick at 5 will be Tua. and i'm ok with that as long as he is picked at 5 - i just don't want them to surrender additional assets to have to move up and get him.

as far as who i want, well that depends on whose still on the board.Burrow and Young will be gone. Simmons, Okadah and Brown are all tempting and i'd happy with anyone of the three. most likely two or maybe only one (depending on how the O-linemen go) will be gone, but given the overwhelming need at QB, i just can't justify taking them over Tua at 5 (although maybe i can be convinced).

i really, really like CeeDee Lamb, but 5 might be a bit too high for him and he'll be gone by 18.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:37 pm

I am keeping a completely open mind. We'll find out soon enough if the Fins' publicly backing off Tua is just a typical smokescreen.

If the Bengals somehow pass on Burrow and I'm Grier I'm on the phone (or whatever) with the Skins faster than it took me to type this sentence. Otherwise I would not trade up or down.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:22 pm

Jake Long, and if he's not available, Ronnie Brown.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:19 am

A source close to Stephen Ross tells me that the Dolphins owner is talking as though quarterback Justin Herbert is not in the team’s plans with the fifth overall pick. The source tells me that he feels it’s either Tua Tagovailoa with pick number five or a position player at that spot with a later maneuver for Utah State’s Jordan Love

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2020-nfl-draft-news-rumors-tony-pauline/

Dear Mr. Ross,

Please keep your f'ing mouth shut. Thank you.

Every Dolphins Fan

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:26 am

mercury22nathan wrote:

Dear Mr. Ross,

Please keep your f'ing mouth shut.  Thank you.

Every Dolphins Fan

This. No matter what the subject is.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:50 pm

I will say Justin Herbert. I think we are going to see Flores reveal himself to be risk averse and the prospect of picking an oft-injured QB may be too much for him. Now Tua is an amazing talent, so that might overcome the risk averse nature, but...

I think if the Docs told me he would be fine, I would want Tua, but this pick has big risk, with the potential for bigger rewards. I just don't know if Flores will sign off on Tua.

Hopefully, I have been taken in by the smokescreen. A healthy Tua is difference maker. A beat up, banged up, hobbled Tua, not so much.

Herbert MIGHT turn out to be good in the long run, but he is gonna require some serious coaching, training, seasoning IMO.

If they want a QB that could come in and play and pay dividends right now (given the right play calling), I like Jalen Hurts.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:07 pm

As we get closer to round 1, I don't think Herbert is in play for the Phins, at all. There's been talk the past couple days that echoes what I've been saying all along: Flores wants an alpha male at QB that drips leadership from every pore. If that's the case, it is absolutely NOT Herbert.

Burrow, Tua, Hurts, Fromm and possibly Love are the top "leadership" dudes in this QB class IMO.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:13 pm

Tua will be the pick IMO. As hard as it would be for me to pass on Simmons or Okudah there, he'd have to be my pick there too. I'd gamble on greatness. I also might well double down on the position later the way the Redskins did in 2012--it paid off when they took Cousins after taking Griffin, and a later pick used on a Hurts, Fromm or Eason could well do the same this year too.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:07 pm

Why do I feel like the Chargers are going to trade up to 4 and take Tua? All things considered, if the Giants want their OL guy, there's no reason to stay at 4.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:25 pm

Tua,Tua. If You go YouTube there is a Herbert video that says Draft bust and it shows You why and after You see it. He throws way to much off of His back foot which causes throws to go High and on some throws his Front Foot is up in the Air . Doesn’t throw many passes from a Square base. He is a 3rd Rd Talent going high in the 1st because of build and a Strong Arm But way to inconsistent.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:37 pm

Tua, Tua. Got to swing for the fences for once. Let's hit a home run, If we strike out, there's always next year.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:57 am

One thing we should all be able to agree on: this new(ish) Dolphins regime has mastered the art of deception. At this point, no one knows what they are going to do.

First, it was Tua. Then it was trade up for Burrow. Then it was all in on Herbert. Then it was OL at 5 and Jordan Love later. Today I'm expecting reports that Fromm is the target at 26! LOL

It sure has been a wild ride leading up to April 23.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:44 am

That what I like from a team though. But if feels like a lot of rumor are rolling around for a lot of teams not just Miami. Teams trading up/down, Giants might be looking at Herbert. Chargers are not looking at Herbert might go after Cam Newton. Winston getting picked up by the Jags. I guess since no one has anything else to do rumor are dropping like flies

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:09 am

Trade all our 1st round picks this year and bank them all for next year and get Lawrence or Fields.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:30 am

I have the Dolphins picking Tua at 5, MeHigh Becton at 18, and Jonathan Taylor at 26.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:37 am

CarsonChris wrote:I have the Dolphins picking Tua at 5, MeHigh Becton at 18, and Jonathan Taylor at 26.

That first round could go a long way toward making us a contender IMO. After that, continue to build the OL and get some defensive playmakers, and we're on our way.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:39 am

JEGnj wrote:Trade all our 1st round picks this year and bank them all for next year and get Lawrence or Fields.

I think Burrow and Tua are better than Lawrence and Fields. Let's get the QB now and get the process started...we don't need another wasted season.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:50 pm

Hearing reports that the Bengals have informed Burrow that they are picking him at 1. No surprise, of course.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:51 pm

JMP wrote:Hearing reports that the Bengals have informed Burrow that they are picking him at 1. No surprise, of course.

I’m guessing they already sent the jersey with the 1 on it so he can hold it up for a video chat

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:56 pm

Degarmo wrote:Why do I feel like the Chargers are going to trade up to 4 and take Tua?  All things considered, if the Giants want their OL guy, there's no reason to stay at 4.

that works if the Giants value two OTs as equal. otherwise the Chargers take Tua and the Phins grab the best LT on the board and the Giants have to settle for their second choice.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:00 pm

CarsonChris wrote:I’m guessing they already sent the jersey with the 1 on it so he can hold it up for a video chat

hmm, hadn't thought of that. nice deductive reasoning.

or perhaps they sent him a box full of 32 jerseys with a 1 on them just in case. now that would be classic. the Bengals select him but he's seen holding up the wrong jersey.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:32 pm

Latest rumor has the Fins trading up to #3 to get the best OT on their board. LOL!

We know this is all smoke, but it's playing on the fears I read about a couple days ago - teams are worried Miami might actually take an OT at 5, putting teams from #10 and below in serious jeopardy of landing one of the top 4 tackles.

Now, I don't think any of this is real. Then again, if there's 4 tackles and then a huge dropoff, why not stoke that fear and see what happens?
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:04 pm

I am looking forward to this draft much more than the last few.

I hope it is wld and wacky.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next