The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Package the picks and move up

+3
DolFan 316
JMP
CarsonChris
7 posters

Go down

Package the picks and move up Empty Package the picks and move up

Post by CarsonChris Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:54 am

We have 2 second round selections. Maybe we should package our late round picks and see if we can add more 2nd round selections in the draft?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Package the picks and move up Empty Re: Package the picks and move up

Post by JMP Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:08 am

Yeah, I think we'll be moving around a lot the next 2 days. The three 5th round picks could be good ammo to move up.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:17 am

I think this is a good idea as well. Mainly because I just don't trust Grier to pick starters in the 4th round or below.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:19 am

DolFan 316 wrote:I think this is a good idea as well. Mainly because I just don't trust Grier to pick starters in the 4th round or below.

Isn’t that when he throws darts at player pages to see who they should pick?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:23 am

CarsonChris wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:I think this is a good idea as well. Mainly because I just don't trust Grier to pick starters in the 4th round or below.

Has to be better approach than Ireland's. I remember that one year when they reached the 6th round and he supposedly had no one left on his board! Horrible preparation.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:45 am

I love this idea. This whole thing is a crap shoot anyway but obviously the more higher picks you have the better shot you have at hitting.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:59 am

JMP wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:

Has to be better approach than Ireland's.  I remember that one year when they reached the 6th round and he supposedly had no one left on his board!  Horrible preparation.

True.  That was 2009.  Also when I became skeptical of the SIP regime.  First they had accepted a pick in the 6th round for Satele (not without value, as a two year starter on his rookie contract).  If you didn't think this was a deep draft, why not ask for picks in later years???

Oh, and a few of the players who apparently weren't good enough to even make the Dolphins' draft board?  

Julian Edelman
Arian Foster
Rashad Jennings

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:01 am

HalCHorn wrote:

Oh, and a few of the players who apparently weren't good enough to even make the Dolphins' draft board?  

Julian Edelman
Arian Foster
Rashad Jennings

Ugh - scary how bad they were at drafting.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:10 am

Regarding the Fins and later round picks, I will say I'm encouraged by what I saw from Van Ginkel late in the year. I watched the NE game and Cincy because I missed them both live, one was over Christmas in NY and the other I had a DirecTV outage they could not resolve until Monday (bad connector had to be swapped outside).

In any case, Van Ginkel stood out to me in a big way. I kept seeing this guy always around the ball making plays. It was him.

What we are seeing is the addition of talent evaluators like Marvin Allen and McKenzie. We will probably be surprised by the late round gems that start to emerge in Miami, that's where the true scouts make their living.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:44 pm

Miami still has too many holes. Keep all the picks and fill in the holes.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:39 pm

white1 wrote:

In any case, Van Ginkel stood out to me in a big way.  I kept seeing this guy always around the ball making plays.  It was him.  

It'll be great to see Van Ginkel get in a full healthy camp (if indeed there is a camp this year!) and continue to develop. He looks like a keeper for sure. Playing with Van Noy will help him as well. I'm also excited to see the continued development of guys like Vince Biegel and Nik Needham. We have some really solid, young pieces on this roster. A lot of holes too...but we're making progress.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:54 pm

rightchea wrote:Miami still has too many holes. Keep all the picks and fill in the holes.

I would rather see quality than quantity. If we can get another 2nd rounder, maybe another third rounder I go for it. If we lose a few of the 7th round picks I’m okay with it. We are loaded in next years draft also. This could be the making of a dynasty!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:55 pm

Miami biggest holes are gonna be Interior OL, interior DL, and RB. To be honest I would love to see Miami get Antione Winfield but it doesn't seem likely

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down