The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tunsil gets MASSIVE new contract

+5
HalCHorn
Killah Sith
white1
rightchea
JMP
9 posters

Go down

Tunsil gets MASSIVE new contract Empty Tunsil gets MASSIVE new contract

Post by JMP Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:52 pm

rotoworld wrote:Texans signed LT Laremy Tunsil to a three-year, $66 million extension.

The deal includes $57.85 million guaranteed and $40 million due at signing. It's a massive deal for the Pro Bowl left tackle, as previously Eagles RT Lane Johnson was the highest-paid tackle at $18 million per year. The Texans essentially were forced to meet Tunsil's demands after coach Bill O'Brien gave up so much to acquire him. Of course, Tunsil is certainly a player worth building around. The 25-year-old LT is arguably the best linemen that's protected Deshaun Watson to this point, as he earned PFF's No. 17 highest grade among 88 qualified tackles in 2019.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Apr 24, 2020, 2:44 PM ET

Shocked Damn, glad the Phins don't have to wreck their cap with that deal!

Not bad for a guy that led the entire NFL in penalties this season, with 17!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tunsil gets MASSIVE new contract Empty Re: Tunsil gets MASSIVE new contract

Post by rightchea Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:57 pm

To be honest 17 penalties doesn't look that bad. that literally on penalty per game. but at the same time that is a lot of money.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:08 pm

rightchea wrote:To be honest 17 penalties doesn't look that bad. that literally on penalty per game. but at the same time that is a lot of money.

17 penalties in 14 games is awful....really awful. Most penalties in the entire NFL. I think the entire crappy Miami OL had 20 combined.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:57 pm

Grier won this trade. Big time.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:18 pm

Leon Searcy had only 26 his whole career.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:27 pm

Leon Searcy...that's a blast from the past. Go Canes!!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:13 pm

white1 wrote:Grier won this trade. Big time.

Yes, clearly.

Tunsil's a good player, but that's a terrific haul for any player. Even a QB.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:36 pm

I heard Tunsil was his own agent for this deal Shocked which means he doesn't even have to pay the usual fee every other player does. So good for him. Seriously. I'm just glad it was on some other team's dime.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:37 pm

Agree!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:07 am

Whew!   That's a lot of moolah!!!

Still, the Texians were in a bad spot. Either pay it, or you essentially rented Tunsil for one year for a 1st round draft pick.

And saying Grier won the deal is just a teensy bit premature IMO. Sure, he got a 1st round pick for Tunsil and doesn't have to pay the huge deal for a guy who gets caught off guard by the snap count sometimes(how stupid is that for a guy who KNOWS the freakin' snap count!!!)....

So that means it was a good deal for Grier, but you only win the deal if the pick you got pans out into a player IMO.

A 1st round pick for a bust means you didn't win, you just traded a player who could arguably be said to command that kind of salary ( I mean, he got it, so...)  for a pick you wasted.

That is not a win IMHO.  

So, this deal will depends on Austin Jackson developing into a good-to-great O-lineman, or Auburn CB Noah Igbinoghene reaching a Pro Bowl level... to determine if it is win from my perspective.

I agree though, no way in heck Grier was gonna pay that much for Tunsil, so it was a smart move to get SOMETHING for him. Especially in a year when the Phins were not expected to win A GAME!  Had they kept Tunsil, they might have won one or two more!!!!

Can you imagine how awful that would have been???

Very Happy
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:21 am

Keep in mind FF - the trade wasn't just for a 1st. We got a 1st this year, and a 1st and 2nd next year.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:40 am

JMP wrote:Leon Searcy...that's a blast from the past.  Go Canes!!!

Yeah it's funny that this came up at all. Just a couple days before I was listening to a podcast and they were talking about tackles. It reminded me of the time where some fool on the old forum was arguing with me about tackles because supposedly Searcy was being considered at LT and this guy didn't think he could protect the blindside. Even after I pointed out to him that he protected the blindside in Jacksonville. Anyway I was on Searcy's Pro Football Reference page and saw that and remembered it when this was posted.

You may remember this guy though it was a long assed time ago. Harpyblahblahblahblahorwhatever and he insisted we type his name out every time we addressed him.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:39 pm

Speaking of our Canes, JMP. Did you notice how many early draft picks were from the South Florida area? All this talent right under UM's nose. They haven't had a decent coach there since Bitch Davis (I'd call him Butch, but he fucked the school, and himself, over with that Cleveland move), and I don't count Larry Coker because a retarded goat with narcolepsy could have coached those guys to a championship. In fact, he showed how much he sucked because he didn't win three straight. I'd also say

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:42 pm

Killah Sith wrote:

Yeah it's funny that this came up at all.  Just a couple days before I was listening to a podcast and they were talking about tackles.  It reminded me of the time where some fool on the old forum was arguing with me about tackles because supposedly Searcy was being considered at LT and this guy didn't think he could protect the blindside.  Even after I pointed out to him that he protected the blindside in Jacksonville.  Anyway I was on Searcy's Pro Football Reference page and saw that and remembered it when this was posted.

You may remember this guy though it was a long assed time ago.  Harpyblahblahblahblahorwhatever and he insisted we type his name out every time we addressed him.

That sounds like a real awesome person.  Did he get a lot of, "Hey, go f*** yourself," posts?  I'd think at some point someone would have just made a meme for it Wink

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:53 pm

With each SoFla draft pick, I kept thinking THAT is the main reason the U is down, and HAS been for quite some time. They do not keep the best talent in their own back yard. Until they do, it will be more of the same old same old. Go Canes!!!
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:30 am

Yeah, the U has become an embarrassment. Fortunately, they had a top 10 (I think 7???) recruiting class this year. Hopefully Diaz can start turning it around.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:44 am

They should have 3 first round picks next year, Rousseau, Quincy Roche and Brevin Jordan.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down