The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Everybody Okay?

+7
finfanatic
white1
HalCHorn
JMP
Degarmo
rightchea
DolFan 316
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Everybody Okay?  Empty Is Everybody Okay?

Post by DolFan 316 Tue May 19, 2020 4:17 pm

Thankfully I live in a state whose governor isn't a Hitler wannabe so I'm fine. Got a haircut three weeks ago thanks to my sister. You'd be amazed at how good the average woman is at cutting hair, for years I never went to a salon.

Also, I'm proud to say that people where I live are so over this virus thing. The one-way aisles I was so worried about are being completely disregarded, people just wander around the store as they please like they used to. Stuff has re-opened, and as far as I know nobody here's being arrested for everyday normal behavior like other states. Most people aren't even wearing masks anymore and I say good for them cheers The GF bought me one so I have to pretend I'm going to wear it every time I go out, which is only about once or twice a week anyway.

I do realize at least some of you aren't so lucky though so I'm just checking in to see how you guys are doing.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Is Everybody Okay?  Empty Re: Is Everybody Okay?

Post by rightchea Tue May 19, 2020 4:44 pm

Everything is good on this end as well. Just found out from several of Georgia local papers that the data that they used to open the states has been scrutinized, which I am not surprised but most of the places aren't really opening.

One thing that is killing me is people are hording and price gouging gaming consoles. So I haven't been able to find a Nintendo console for my daughter.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue May 19, 2020 6:07 pm

I've had long hair forever, have been social distancing since my adult years, love to stay home, am an avid gamer, don't like travel, and generally find most people to be obtrusive, moronic, and uncouth.

So, this has been great for me. I joke, I kid Wink

In all seriousness, the main thing that this has all brought to light for me is how fragile our system is, how we have no real failsafe for any disaster eventuality (because they're going to happen), many people are seriously mentally weak and easily impressionable, and that we're all very easy to control. I hope people are beginning to understand that "freedom" in the USA is what George Carlin said it was.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue May 19, 2020 7:32 pm

Things are still pretty crazy in New York, but (hopefully) slowly getting better. Fortunately, my family and I are OK. One of my brothers had covid and then pneumonia, but he's doing much better.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue May 19, 2020 10:19 pm

Here in Texas everything is easing back to normal.

Agree with Degarmo, I'm amazed at how easily impressionable and how compliant most people are with authority figures even when the rationale behind drastic actions doesn't hold water when scrutinized. And if the coverage of this hasn't hammered home the utter lack of actual journalism in virtually all of our legacy media, I don't know what will.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed May 20, 2020 10:26 am

All okay here in GA. Restrictions are starting to lift. I have not missed the drive to work and home, and have enjoyed eating dinner as a family every night.

My office is seriously considering "work from home" for a very long time, and I think that's a good thing.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed May 20, 2020 10:37 am

C.P. Snow wrote:Civilization is hideously fragile... there's not much between us and the Horrors underneath, just about a coat of varnish.

That normalcy bias will bite everyone in the arse eventually. It can never happen to me because it has never happened to me before.

Things are sorta getting back to normal in LA (Lower Alabama). I think my barber shop may be closed for good though. My wife gave me a quarantine cut and did a good job...on one side. On the other side, not so much. Crying or Very sad

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed May 20, 2020 7:59 pm

Doing okay. The girlfriend is making herself sick worrying about it. The mind is a powerful thing. She’s easily manipulated by the news cycle and constantly checks updates on how many people are diagnosed or die. Me, I have to work. I get checked twice daily. Once at the office and then on my job site. Nevada has a governor that’s bent on ruining the economy over the guise he’s saving lives. Remember this was about flattening the curve. Now it’s morphed into something else.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed May 20, 2020 8:13 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Doing okay. The girlfriend is making herself sick worrying about it. The mind is a powerful thing. She’s easily manipulated by the news cycle and constantly checks updates on how many people are diagnosed or die. Me, I have to work. I get  checked twice daily. Once at the office and then on my job site. Nevada has a governor that’s bent on ruining the economy over the guise he’s saving lives. Remember this was about flattening the curve. Now it’s morphed into something else.

It was never, EVER about "flattening the curve" or saving lives or public health. From day one is was about power, control, and seeing how many constitutional rights could be taken away. I am now convinced that all Democrat state governors are Chinese agents. Yes, I'm serious.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Wed May 20, 2020 9:02 pm

Our Governor in NJ is a fucking clown.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri May 22, 2020 4:51 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:Doing okay. The girlfriend is making herself sick worrying about it. The mind is a powerful thing. She’s easily manipulated by the news cycle and constantly checks updates on how many people are diagnosed or die. Me, I have to work. I get  checked twice daily. Once at the office and then on my job site. Nevada has a governor that’s bent on ruining the economy over the guise he’s saving lives. Remember this was about flattening the curve. Now it’s morphed into something else.

It was never, EVER about "flattening the curve" or saving lives or public health. From day one is was about power, control, and seeing how many constitutional rights could be taken away. I am now convinced that all Democrat state governors are Chinese agents. Yes, I'm serious.

Dude, if you think that there is a lick of difference in the end game between Democrats and Republicans, you're not seeing the forest for the trees. Look at that economic disaster they passed that transferred all that wealth to their corporate buddies during a friggin' pandemic. It was a unanimous vote. Right now the Dems are the "loser" side. In four years, the Republicans will be the "loser" side, but nothing will change. It's all just the same shit shuffled around every 8 years at this point, with each side pointing fingers and screaming bloody murder about nothing of real importance while they continue to divide up the country amongst the richest few.

And back to football Smile

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri May 22, 2020 9:10 am

Degarmo wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:

Dude, if you think that there is a lick of difference in the end game between Democrats and Republicans, you're not seeing the forest for the trees.  Look at that economic disaster they passed that transferred all that wealth to their corporate buddies during a friggin' pandemic.  It was a unanimous vote.  Right now the Dems are the "loser" side.  In four years, the Republicans will be the "loser" side, but nothing will change.  It's all just the same shit shuffled around every 8 years at this point, with each side pointing fingers and screaming bloody murder about nothing of real importance while they continue to divide up the country amongst the richest few.

And back to football Smile

Exactly, and that's why I will never vote for a Democrat or a Republican. Same animal, different name. It's all about making money. Nothing will change until the system changes, and the system will never change as long as these assholes continue to make obscene amounts of money at the expense of the citizens they claim to represent.

Giant multi-national corporations and their lobbyists are the ones that really run the show, anyway...follow the money.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Wed May 27, 2020 11:33 am

This shit is real and not a hoax. It shouldn't be political like it is and the only hoax about it is from the pathetic leadership in this country that would rather spread lies and act like it's nothing rather than doing whatever it takes to help people. That goes for any of them no matter their leaning but I think most know who is the worse culprit. I better shut up about that now.

My best friend's mother is on her deathbed because of Covid19. He is devastated. I spent more time at their house growing up than anywhere else outside my own home.

My boss is in the hospital fighting double pneumonia and internal bleeding. So far none of us here in the warehouse have showed any symptoms and hopefully it stays that way.

I wear a mask and latex gloves when I go to a store. It's not difficult or putting me out that much. I don't care to get it because most likely I wouldn't survive it.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed May 27, 2020 1:02 pm

I have to agree Killah Sith. It is sad that politicans are making this about them and not about the people. Georgia governor distorted evidence and charts to make it seem like everything is okay. Now kids are getting a disease that comes from COVID-19. Our leaders do not care. Let a million die to save their elections

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed May 27, 2020 1:04 pm

Killah Sith wrote:This shit is real and not a hoax.  It shouldn't be political like it is and the only hoax about it is from the pathetic leadership in this country that would rather spread lies and act like it's nothing rather than doing whatever it takes to help people.  That goes for any of them no matter their leaning but I think most know who is the worse culprit.  I better shut up about that now.

My best friend's mother is on her deathbed because of Covid19.  He  is devastated.  I spent more time at their house growing up than anywhere else outside my own home.

My boss is in the hospital fighting double pneumonia and internal bleeding.  So far none of us here in the warehouse have showed any symptoms and hopefully it stays that way.

I wear a mask and latex gloves when I go to a store.  It's not difficult or putting me out that much.  I don't care to get it because most likely I wouldn't survive it.

Very sorry to hear about your friend's mother, and your boss. My brother is still not feeling great..he's been battling this crap for over 2 months. And we just found out that my mom's cousin is dying in the hospital as a result of Covid. So yeah, it is very real and people are still suffering.

I wear my mask and gloves everywhere too. Masks are still required here in NY.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed May 27, 2020 1:08 pm

JMP wrote:
Killah Sith wrote:This shit is real and not a hoax.  It shouldn't be political like it is and the only hoax about it is from the pathetic leadership in this country that would rather spread lies and act like it's nothing rather than doing whatever it takes to help people.  That goes for any of them no matter their leaning but I think most know who is the worse culprit.  I better shut up about that now.

My best friend's mother is on her deathbed because of Covid19.  He  is devastated.  I spent more time at their house growing up than anywhere else outside my own home.

My boss is in the hospital fighting double pneumonia and internal bleeding.  So far none of us here in the warehouse have showed any symptoms and hopefully it stays that way.

I wear a mask and latex gloves when I go to a store.  It's not difficult or putting me out that much.  I don't care to get it because most likely I wouldn't survive it.

Very sorry to hear about your friend's mother, and your boss.  My brother is still not feeling great..he's been battling this crap for over 2 months. And we just found out that my mom's cousin is dying in the hospital as a result of Covid.  So yeah, it is very real and people are still suffering.

I wear my mask and gloves everywhere too.  Masks are still required here in NY.

Man.....I hope that both you and Killer Sith stay safe and I will be praying for ya'll families. I have to go out every monday and they talking about my department going back to work full time in June.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed May 27, 2020 2:51 pm

I only go out once or twice a week...really trying to avoid contact with anyone outside my family. I go food shopping on Saturday or Sunday, and once every 2-3 weeks I do a Costco shopping. Other than that, I've pretty much been at home through this whole situation.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed May 27, 2020 5:04 pm

I'm taking it seriously because I'm "high-risk" as well. Fortunately, my work is from home, and so is my business, for the most part.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed May 27, 2020 11:26 pm

Degarmo wrote:I'm taking it seriously because I'm "high-risk" as well.  Fortunately, my work is from home, and so is my business, for the most part.

Yeah, I've been working from home for years, so no change on that front for me.

My wife has a "compromised immune system", so that's one reason I'm being extra careful. That, and there's been a ton of cases on Long Island so I'm not messing around.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Thu May 28, 2020 9:21 am

It's scary stuff and so frustrating on so many levels. My daughter is moving back to the area from St. Louis next week and I'm supposed to help go get her and the grandson. I can't imagine the guilt I'd have if my 1 1/2 year old grandson contracted it from me.

Sorry, I was a little wound up yesterday and I should mention that we aren't certain my boss has covid. He tested negative last week but from everything we understand what he is going through is common for covid patients so the fear is still with us all here at work. He told me on Friday we wasn't convinced he didn't have it. He was going to get retested this week if he wasn't feeling better. Well obviously he got worse. Hopefully he is still clear of covid.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu May 28, 2020 9:33 am

One of my in-laws tested negative the first time then she passed out a couple of days later. When they tested her again she had it. So it is understandable to be cautious especially when there is a little one around.

I go to work every monday and before my kids can go near me I have to go take a shower and all my clothes go straight into the wash. Be safe out Killah

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:16 pm

Well, that was quick. COVID 19 has been defeated, everybody. I know this because people are now being allowed to riot at will without even the slightest pretense of social distancing. Apparently all it took to cure the virus was enough outrage at cops. Good to know. Vaccine? We didn't need no stinkin' vaccine! Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:19 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Well, that was quick. COVID 19 has been defeated, everybody. I know this because people are now being allowed to riot at will without even the slightest pretense of social distancing. Apparently all it took to cure the virus was enough outrage at cops. Good to know. Vaccine? We didn't need no stinkin' vaccine! Cool

Man, it really looks like the beginning of the end watching all these riots on TV. Fortunately nothing has happened near me yet, but I've been to a lot of the places in NYC that are being destroyed or at least are the backdrop of violence. It's fucking scary.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:31 am

Okay, you have GOT to see this. It exposes all the rampant hypocrisy regarding everything lately.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:19 am

Just watching the world burn. Watching Democrats call for disbanding the police departments. This should get fun!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum