The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayfield to Panthers

5 posters

Go down

Mayfield to Panthers Empty Mayfield to Panthers

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:39 pm

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34201889/cleveland-browns-trade-baker-mayfield-carolina-panthers-draft-pick

The Panthers will pay $4.85 million of Mayfield's salary while the Browns will pay $10.5 million

The Browns will receive either a fourth- or fifth-round pick in 2024, depending on Mayfield's playing time in Carolina.

the Browns now stuck with a hopefully soon to be suspended Watson backed up by default starter Jacoby Brissett...which is oddly enough the QB room of Flores' wet dream.

mercury22nathan

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Mayfield to Panthers Empty Re: Mayfield to Panthers

Post by JMP Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:50 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:
the Browns now stuck with a hopefully soon to be suspended Watson backed up by default starter Jacoby Brissett...which is oddly enough the QB room of Flores' wet dream.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Well, the Browns are getting exactly what they deserve.

Good for Baker - great opportunity for him.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:52 pm

Browns at Panthers week 1! Go Panthers!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:02 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34201889/cleveland-browns-trade-baker-mayfield-carolina-panthers-draft-pick

The Panthers will pay $4.85 million of Mayfield's salary while the Browns will pay $10.5 million

The Browns will receive either a fourth- or fifth-round pick in 2024, depending on Mayfield's playing time in Carolina.

I hate to tell you, but this trade being made is a sure sign that Watson WON'T be suspended. Even the Browns wouldn't be dumb enough to have made the move otherwise.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:02 pm

JMP wrote:Browns at Panthers week 1!  Go Panthers!!

This might be the hardest I've ever rooted for a non-Dolphins team in a regular season game ever. Seriously.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:31 pm

I always liked Mayfield and his attitude. I enjoy his commercials. I think he is a good NFL QBs and better than most starting.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:41 pm

JEGnj wrote:I always liked Mayfield and his attitude. I enjoy his commercials. I think he is a good NFL QBs and better than most starting.

He's being labeled by the media as having a bad attitude/weird behavior because he's white and not a far leftist. Meanwhile Watson is being hailed as some sort of messiah/victim by the same media while feminists mysteriously continue to pretend not to know what he did. #realtalk

Mayfield lifted the Browns from 1-32 to a playoff win and then got shit on because we live in a clown world. I was rooting so hard for him to be a Steeler this season but I'll settle for him escaping the Browns any way he could.

Again, there's no way the NFL suspends Watson, especially now that they've got opening game "drama" they can hype up for over 2 months.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:00 pm

The last 4 cases I read that didn't settle if they didn't blow him he jerked off on them. WTF who does this?
I don't like all out asshole but I want some attitude and swagger. Tanny was Gomer F'n Pyle.
JEGnj
JEGnj

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:44 am

JEGnj wrote:I always liked Mayfield and his attitude. I enjoy his commercials. I think he is a good NFL QBs and better than most starting.

The thing that most people ignore is that Mayfield played hurt all season last year. He had shoulder issues, leg issues, etc. Most QBs wouldn't have suited up with his injuries, but he played. Yes, he didn't have a great season - but the toughness he showed really goes a long way to highlight what type of person he is. I'm not sure exactly how good he can be, but I do know that he's better than a lot of starters in this league.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:46 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
I hate to tell you, but this trade being made is a sure sign that Watson WON'T be suspended. Even the Browns wouldn't be dumb enough to have made the move otherwise.

I don't think so. I think Watson will get at least a one year suspension.

The Browns burned the Mayfield bridge long ago. There's no way he was ever going to play for them again, regardless of Watson's status.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:32 pm

Great deal for the Panthers. I think they already realize Darnold isn't the answer, and Corral is far from a sure thing. If healthy Mayfield starts Day One and Darnold is likely off to another adventure.

2018 draft saw Allen and Jackson succeed, Mayfield partially succeeded (and might pull a Brees and reach great heights at his second stop, I wouldn't rule it out), and Darnold and Rosen have both been busts. Darnold never had a chance IMO once Adam Gase was on the case....

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:48 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Great deal for the Panthers.  I think they already realize Darnold isn't the answer, and Corral is far from a sure thing.  If healthy Mayfield starts Day One and Darnold is likely off to another adventure.

2018 draft saw Allen and Jackson succeed, Mayfield partially succeeded (and might pull a Brees and reach great heights at his second stop, I wouldn't rule it out), and Darnold and Rosen have both been busts.  Darnold never had a chance IMO once Adam Gase was on the case....

I've never been one to toot my own horn, much to my detriment sometimes, but let the record show that I identified both Darnold and Rosen as being busts long before that draft occurred.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:20 am

I liked the way Darnold played at USC. He had that gunslinger mentality. Unfortunately he got drafted by the Jets, and got completely Gased. He can still carve out a long career as a backup...time will tell.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down