The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleacher report

5 posters

Go down

Bleacher report  Empty Bleacher report

Post by Umix10 Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:55 pm

Bleached is reporting Miami to be trying to move up for White......thoughts?
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Bleacher report  Empty Re: Bleacher report

Post by JMP Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:05 pm

Umix10 wrote:Bleached is reporting Miami to be trying to move up for White......thoughts?

Really?? That's a surprise. I'm not as high on White as most people seem to be. I'm always a little nervous about guys that have only had one great college season.

To me, Cooper is the better fit for Miami because he is already an excellent route runner, has great hands, and has put up big-time numbers over a 3-year period. If Miami moves up for a receiver, I will be pissed if it's anyone but Cooper.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:25 pm

I predicted when he was hired that Tannenbaum would trade away picks...that's what he did with the Jets every year. He's going to try to make a big splash, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he trades up for a WR. But, without a 3rd rounder we'll probably have to trade a 2016 pick if we want to get into the top 5.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:50 am

I'd welcome this but I'm convinced it's not true. I believe they would prefer to trade back.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:04 am

ProFootballTalk is reporting the same thing but they don't know who the player is. I have to believe it's Cooper because of his route running.
/

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:08 am

BTW if this involves giving up our second round pick put me down as not happy regardless of who the player is.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:35 am

This is such a deep draft for WR, it'd be an absolute shame to get rid of picks for one guy. Regardless of special talent, you don't Ditka away your entire draft for one or two guys.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:56 am

Staying at 14 is a really good spot because the pick gives us way more flexibility...we could go WR, RB,CB, ILB! To me it depends on what's on top. Raiders, Titans and Eagles are the ones who could completely change the makeup of this draft. If some scenarios play out , cooler May in fact can be had at 14! Like everyone else I agree that this a deeply talented draft in our areas of concern at ILB, RB, WR, CB. I wouldn't trade away more when the talent pool is deep
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:40 am

Cooper should be a top 5 pick...definitely top 10. I can't imagine a scenario where he drops down to 14.

My preference is to stay at 14 too. But the idea of drafting Cooper definitely makes me happy! I think we have way too many holes to trade away picks to move up, but at least with Cooper we'd be getting a guy that's a guaranteed day one starter and an ideal scheme fit (unlike the last top 5 player we traded up for...)

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:03 pm

Trading up just seems so "win now". Then again, it is a bold move and I do like that.

Wasn't the big trade up for Jordan the last draft Ireland ran? Just a thought.

I'd have to see what we give up. The upside for the Jordan trade was we moved way up, and didn't give up a whole bevy of picks. At least it would be exciting.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:49 pm

I agree JMP that Cooler should be a top5 but if the top of the pecking order changes it'll change big boards IMHO! I think with White having a really good ascending stock, Cooper at 14 is not out of the realm
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:09 pm

I guess if they traded next years #1 I could be okay with it. But that WR better be a TRUE #1.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down