The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amendola?

+7
finskev
Degarmo
DolFan 316
scotgif
JMP
Umix10
white1
11 posters

Go down

Amendola?  Empty Amendola?

Post by white1 Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:52 pm

I was skeptical when the Pats signed him, but obviously he filled a pretty good role for them.

He won't do anything for us.

When the Pats let a player go, you can rest assured they are pretty much DONE.

But of course, we swoop in to snap up their trash.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/13/report-danny-amendola-to-sign-with-dolphins/
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Amendola?  Empty Re: Amendola?

Post by Umix10 Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:57 pm

Amendola had some concussions on the Pats last year if I’m not mistaken. If the Pats DON’T want to pay Amendola, that should be a tell tale sign that Miami is his destination for money. The hits just keep on coming!!!!!!
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:26 pm

Finally a move I like. I've always thought Amendola was a solid player. Clutch on 3rd downs and a nice security blanket for a QB...something we lost when we dumped Landry. While I hate signing older players (especially with injury histories), our WR corps is young - adding a savvy veteran is a good move IMO.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:36 pm

Amendola's deal: 2 years, $12 million (with incentives), $8.25 million guaranteed.

OK, so despite the fact that I like Amendola and he's pretty cheap, we are now paying two lesser receivers the same yearly amount we could have paid Landry...and together, I don't think Amedola + Wilson = Landry. We downgraded.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:52 pm

I'm ok wth this signing (as if they conferred first). At least we get a guy with proven skills. My only fear is why did the pats release him. Just like when the stillers let someone go, there is usually a good reason. Looks like we are getting a little depth to our WR core.

Yes, it hurts losing Landry, but Wilson and Amendola give us some decent depth. Parker is the wildcard. I have all but given up on him as anything but a jag, but who knows. This is his last make or break year. How many has Tanny had?
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:52 pm

If Amendola was the exact same player but 5-7 years younger, Tannenbaum wouldn't even have considered him. I'm starting to think that 40 years ago George Allen was Tannebaum's idol.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:02 pm

This just opens up a spot for the pats to draft his replacement, the next Wes Welker, from the U, Braxton Berrios. I thought we might take a flyer on him in the late rounds, but no need now.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:47 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:If Amendola was the exact same player but 5-7 years younger, Tannenbaum wouldn't even have considered him. I'm starting to think that 40 years ago George Allen was Tannebaum's idol.

This made me laugh.

It made me laugh a lot.

I'm old.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:36 pm

Now that Jordy Nelson is available, I feel a lot worse about adding Amendola. Since we already signed a slot receiver in Wilson, I'd much rather have Nelson, even coming off a bad season.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:42 pm

I’d take Nelson in a heartbeat over Parker, but he is 32. We need to get young talent, not kept on signing 30-something expensive vets.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:44 pm

scotgif wrote:I’d take Nelson in a heartbeat over Parker, but he  is 32. We need to get young talent, not kept on signing 30-something expensive vets.

Agreed, but if we wanted to add a quality veteran receiver, I think Nelson gives you more bang for your buck than Amendola.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:08 pm

Amendola has taken a pay cut 3 years in a row, I don’t blame him taking the money. Hopefully his presence with the other younger wr will make them better along with what he does on the field.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:52 pm

Tannebaum is taking hit after hit on the moves he’s making. Signing Amendola is only of cosmetic value. He gives Miami nothing!!!!!!! It looks as if signing away Amendola from the Pats is a coup de tat. When in all actuality he split cuz of the money, and went to the only team that would offer him more then he’s really worth. Like the 2yr 12mil he just got. Veteran leadership isn’t lacking in the WR room. It’s lacking all over the building. Signing him to say that his veteran leadership will be a help is bullshit. We need leaders from the top to the bottom. He wasn’t cheap IMHO. The best ability for anybody is availability and he’s had issues. So what warranted the contract?
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:59 pm

my biggest issue isn't that they are saying the bullshit out of their mouths but the fact they are trying to make moves that aren't reasonable enough for people to say okay we believe in miami's front office

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:14 am

Ugh...now Michael Crabtree could be available. Another option that would have been better than Amendola. Although Crabtree is probably too outspoken for Gase...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:52 am

as long as he doesn't pull a Josh McDaniels and this is just the Pats trolling the Phins (they have until 4PM today to counter), i am very satisfied with this move. overall, is he as good as Landry at this stage of his career - perhaps not. does this take some of the sting of losing Landry away - absolutely.

my biggest concern... everyone looks pretty damn good with Brady throwing to them, lets see what he can do with Tanny.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:16 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
my biggest concern...  everyone looks pretty damn good with Brady throwing to them, lets see what he can do with Tanny.

Yep. The other concern is that we're now loaded with slot receivers. Wilson and Amendola are primarily slots. Grant should be a slot, though the Dolphins tried to make him a gimmicky boundary receiver. Stills primarily lines up outside, but may actually be better from the slot. Parker and Carroo are our only legit outside guys, and neither one can be counted on.

This tells me that we will continue to see a short passing game with tons of those goddamned bunch formations and bubble screens.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:39 am

not really news-worthy, but some amusing reactions.

Brady captioned a farewell post with...

Teammate. Friend. Brother. Leader. Champion.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgR8k2Ehufs/?taken-by=tombrady

i guess "Leader" plays into this whole "changing the culture" re-structure the Phins are selling.

and of course Edelman...

Hell of a ride these past few years Dolamite... save a seat for me down in South Beach.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgRqAATBACR/?taken-by=edelman11

hmm Julian, is that foreshadowing? you want that seat in a club or in Davie WR room?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:16 am

JMP wrote:Ugh...now Michael Crabtree could be available. Another option that would have been better than Amendola. Although Crabtree is probably too outspoken for Gase...

this is totally true. he too much of a coward to deal with players that are overly aggressive.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:37 pm

So let's see: 32 years old, has been contributing to a perennial Super Bowl contender for a long time now, 2 years at $12 million in the twilight of his career.

Wow, we now have a Timmons signing for the other side of the ball. Wonderful.

Oh, and Armando comparing this to Denver signing Welker? Yep, dead on: Welker had less than a full season of decent play left in him when he went to Denver. I'd say that's a spot on reference, only Welker was always a better player. Armando acting like this is a good signing? Can't figure that out.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:46 pm

We have a shit QB that either dinks or dunks or gets sacked and fumbles. Miami is going to master the slot shortfield for the 3 and out game.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:15 pm

JEGnj wrote:We have a shit QB that either dinks or dunks or gets sacked and fumbles. Miami is going to master the slot shortfield for the 3 and out game.

I think Cutler's done.  Wink

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum