The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danny Shelton at 14?

5 posters

Go down

Danny Shelton at 14? Empty Danny Shelton at 14?

Post by JMP Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:47 am

Apparently Kiper has us taking DT Danny Shelton at 14 in his latest mock. Thoughts?

I kind of lost interest in Shelton during the Sr. Bowl practices and game. I didn't see the "wow" factor that sometimes shows up on his game tape...seems too passive and lacks a killer instinct IMO.

That said, if he does drop to 14 he'd be right up there as far as best player available. I'd have to give him serious consideration, even though he's not high on my "players I like" list. Could also be an ideal situation for a trade down...

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Danny Shelton at 14? Empty Re: Danny Shelton at 14?

Post by white1 Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:54 am

Damn any other position than DT I would probably be okay with. I actually like the young guys we have in house based on some thoughts posted by Kelly and others, and I love Mitchell - Suh as the starting duo. Remember Soliai? He looked like a total bust until he blossomed in year 3 or 4. I'm willing to let the staff groom the rookies we picked up last year. I just think we have way too much invested in the position to use our first round pick here.

In this case, I would hope the Phins select a player at another position, assuming that player is ranked at a comparable level to Shelton. Or, if that scenario does not happen, attempt to trade down a few spots.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:01 pm

He's a good player, but he doesn't make my toes tingle at 14. If we're going defense, I'd rather go ILB/MLB or CB.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:20 pm

white1 wrote:Damn any other position than DT I would probably be okay with.  I actually like the young guys we have in house based on some thoughts posted by Kelly and others, and I love Mitchell - Suh as the starting duo.  Remember Soliai? He looked like a total bust until he blossomed in year 3 or 4.  I'm willing to let the staff groom the rookies we picked up last year.  I just think we have way too much invested in the position to use our first round pick here.

In this case, I would hope the Phins select a player at another position, assuming that player is ranked at a comparable level to Shelton.  Or, if that scenario does not happen, attempt to trade down a few spots.

Well, I think Mitchell is good but nothing special, and I have very low expectations for the younger DTs we have (Francis and Johnson). So in that respect, I'm fine with a DT at 14 in theory...assuming I think he's BPA. Malcom Brown and Jordan Phillips are very intriguing to me.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:25 pm

I'm thinking that the Fins will be trading Back in this draft to try and get more picks. If Not I agree Shelton or Brown would not be a Bad Pick for a DT, Now I see why the Texans let Mitchell go because he is Nothing special.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:02 pm

I just don't believe you sign Suh so that you can just have a good defensive line. if HickeyBaum believes Shelton makes the line dominant then I'm okay with it. A dominant line covers up all kinds of warts.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:18 pm

If it creates a dominant pass rush, it's worth it, yeah. Because that covers up the cbs and safety issues we continue to have on this team.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down