The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

when is too much too much?????

+2
Degarmo
rightchea
6 posters

Go down

when is too much too much????? Empty when is too much too much?????

Post by rightchea Mon May 14, 2018 2:43 pm

This is about Devante Parker. He has proven that he is not worth the money or time that Miami is wasting on trying to make him the #1 WR. It almost like Ginn back in the day.

Jason Lieser wrote:The Dolphins are still waiting for a breakout season from former first-round pick DeVante Parker, and his coaches and teammates are always quick to defend him by pointing out how much injuries have held him back.
While there’s not much Parker can do about getting hurt, and there’s good reason to believe that’s his biggest problem, there are some things he can do better on the field. New offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains is enamored by his talent and envisions him being an explosive threat this year, but he has a few aspects he wants to work on with him.
“Just consistency, just the fundamentals here and there that he hadn’t gotten to really master because he’s been limited,” Loggains said today. “It’s been impressive to see him fight through some of the stuff that he’s overcome — being banged up, being hurt and doing those things. Once he gets healthy and plays consistent with Ryan (Tannehill), I think that his production will go up and be the player we think he can be.”

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2018/05/12/can-new-miami-dolphins-oc-dowell-loggains-make-wr-devante-parker-a-star/

what does he need to be taught??? To be tougher, to stay in the game. Is he not practicing like he should be??? I am lost. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

rightchea

Back to top Go down

when is too much too much????? Empty Re: when is too much too much?????

Post by Degarmo Mon May 14, 2018 8:01 pm

Flatten out your middle routes, fight for and be more aggressive towards the ball, and maybe you can be something, kid.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue May 15, 2018 12:42 am

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue May 15, 2018 7:43 am

<cough cough> bust <cough>
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue May 15, 2018 7:49 am

Nice - L7! Great band.

Anyway...Parker is a JAG, nothing more nothing less. He doesn't suck, but he's not all that good. If he doesn't break out this season, he never will. This receiving corps looks to be pretty weak, and it lacks big targets. Parker has an opportunity to realy step up and be a big-time player now that Landry is gone and targets are up for grabs. But realistically, I expect more of the same: a flash here and there, but mostly mediocre play and nagging injuries.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue May 15, 2018 8:15 am

i have a feeling he has one really good (not great) contract year in him and then he'll get paid and go right back to the almost good, but not quite enough receiver he's always been.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue May 15, 2018 5:18 pm

We'll see a ton of 4-6 yard passes to Amendola for four games before he's hurt, then retired. After that, god knows. We can always lean on Ajayi to keep the pressure off - oh, wait, damn it.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue May 15, 2018 7:10 pm

The sad part is our line was so bad it rendered Ajayi ineffective last season. In Philly as part of an actual offense he thrived again.

Don’t know why Drake was more effective. I guess scheme matched better?
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue May 15, 2018 8:27 pm

Drake is more elusive, Ajayi is more straight forward, power-ish (not that he's a power back, but that's how he approaches the line), at the point of attack and needs the line to open a crease.  Last year's line couldn't open a can of Coke.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue May 15, 2018 9:02 pm

white1 wrote:
Don’t know why Drake was more effective. I guess scheme matched better?

Part of the reason is that teams usually played pass defense against us because we were often in long yards-to-go situations and playing from behind. Many of Drake's big runs came on draws or other similar "desperation" runs, and we were able to catch teams sleeping. Don't get me wrong - Drake played well down the stretch. But it's not like we suddenly became a dominant running team overnight. It had as much to do with game situations and how teams played us than anything else.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue May 15, 2018 9:22 pm

Good point. Now I’m remembering all too vividly our losses
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue May 15, 2018 9:29 pm

The run-blocking was almost non-existent for much of the year, so Drake definitely deserves some credit. But again - I think it was more situational than a sign that Drake was a great back. The run-blocking should, in theory, be much better simply by adding Sitton - but we'll see...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed May 16, 2018 7:26 am

The run-blocking should, in theory, be much better simply by adding Sitton - but we'll see...

I'm hopeful on that front, as foolish as it is to hope anything with this squad.

I can't help but think having a center that can actually practice during camp and throughout the season will help the line with cohesiveness, and that should translate to a better unit in both pass and run blocking.

The drawbacks. I HATE both of our tackles. Hell, both of them are underachieving since we drafted them. Investing first round picks we should be getting elite play at tackle and we're not close. Bad job by our scouts and GMs selecting those players.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed May 16, 2018 9:22 am

white1 wrote:
The run-blocking should, in theory, be much better simply by adding Sitton - but we'll see...

I'm hopeful on that front, as foolish as it is to hope anything with this squad.

I can't help but think having a center that can actually practice during camp and throughout the season will help the line with cohesiveness, and that should translate to a better unit in both pass and run blocking.

The drawbacks.  I HATE both of our tackles.  Hell, both of them are underachieving since we drafted them.  Investing first round picks we should be getting elite play at tackle and we're not close.  Bad job by our scouts and GMs selecting those players.

Yep, an every-day center should definitely help with cohesion, especially consistency with line calls and making sure everyone is on the saem page. I'm not sure how good Kilgore actually is, but his availability day to day is a huge plus compared to Pouncey.

The tackles are definitely a weak link...both have been mediocre at best, and James is always hurt. I'm also concerned with RG, because I just don't think Larsen is all that good. I actually like our backups at RG and RT better than the projected starters.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed May 16, 2018 9:25 am

I actually like our backups at RG and RT better than the projected starters.

I would be thrilled if James lost his job. I'm so tired of starters being starters even when they're not very good, simply because all the backups are so much worse. This is not how good teams are built.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum