The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what do you guys think of Kyler Murray?

+6
rightchea
Degarmo
mercury22nathan
white1
HalCHorn
JMP
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So what do you guys think of Kyler Murray? - Page 2 Empty Re: So what do you guys think of Kyler Murray?

Post by Degarmo Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:11 pm

I would be fine if all they did was draft OL/DL and LB this year.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

So what do you guys think of Kyler Murray? - Page 2 Empty Re: So what do you guys think of Kyler Murray?

Post by JMP Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:28 am

Degarmo wrote:I would be fine if all they did was draft OL/DL and LB this year.

That might not be a bad idea at all. If they can somehow sneak in a corner and/or WR, I'm good with that!

I'm really curious to see if the Phins will acquire more picks. There's not much of value to trade, but maybe they can get at least something for Tannehill, Quinn, McDonald, Alonso, etc. And who knows...they may even look to trade a guy like Stills, Drake or even Howard. Jones would be an option to, but his contract makes him virtually impossible to trade with the dead money Miami would have to absorb. Hopefully the days of garbage contracts like that are over.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:32 pm

Parcells Drafted Pat White and so I could see Grier Drafting The Improved Version of Pat White.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:35 pm

If we are Not going to Trade up for Haskins, Who in My Humble opinion is going to Be a Fantastic Qb than I agree we need to Draft as Many DL & OL as Possible. Also How many Picks we have this Year?

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:44 pm

I say pass on him. Way too small I am thinking.

Build the O and D Lines.

Focus on getting the salary cap in order and getting younger.

And I agree with Hal... As long as they get talent that will add to depth or potentially start, the Phins need help
everywhere.

Just DRAFT Well and do it repeatedly and watch how things improve.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:54 pm

This is picking up traction.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20190207/kyler-murray-to-dolphins-mcshay-amp-kiper-actually-agree-yes?fbclid=IwAR0oRLuZRDaMO2ooVylaX4b7CXcPpUrgucnLkb-C-26DDZJL01gGHiRsSeo

McShay revealed his mock draft 2.0 on Thursday and he has the Dolphins selecting Murray, with Ohio State quarterback Dwayne Haskins landing with the Giants at six overall.

As for Murray, McShay writes: “Yes, the risk is apparent — Murray is undersized at 5-foot-10 and still hasn’t decided on his baseball career. But he has an electric arm and some of the best athleticism I’ve seen at the position in years. New offensive coordinator Chad O’Shea would have a real talent to develop at quarterback if Miami moves on from the Ryan Tannehill era.”

Kiper still believes Murray would be a great choice.

“The Dolphins need to rebuild,” Kiper wrote. “What better way to start that rebuild than to take the Heisman Trophy winner? Now, just because Murray has entered the draft doesn’t mean he’s sticking to football. He could still back out and play baseball. But I’m treating him as if he’s all-in for now, and if he goes to the combine — he’s going to run a blazing 40-yard dash — and goes through workouts for teams, I expect him to be picked in Round 1. This is an unprecedented situation for a 5-foot-10 quarterback, but it’s going to be fun to watch over the next few months.”

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:02 am

Even if you ignore Murray's size, he's only started one season in college. I'm just not comfortable using a high pick on an inexperienced QB.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:31 am

from what it sounds like he disnt show a good performance at the senior bowl and there a high probability he will go late in the draft. I go for him if you can get him in the 4th or 5th round but above that, I doubt it

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Murray update:

Kyler Murray has tweeted that he is "fully committing my life and time to becoming an NFL quarterback," answering the question of whether he will choose football or baseball.

The reigning Heisman Trophy winner posted a statement on his Twitter account Monday, four days before he was scheduled to report to spring training with the Oakland Athletics.

Murray did not mention baseball or the A's at all in his statement. Murray will return $1.29 million of the $1.5 million signing bonus money the A's gave him last year, a source told ESPN's Jeff Passan. He forfeits the remaining $3.16 million, due March 1. The A's will put him on the restricted list and retain Murray's rights, but they don't get a compensatory draft pick.

"Moving forward, I am firmly and fully committing my life and time to becoming an NFL quarterback," Murray wrote. "Football has been my love and passion my entire life. I was raised to play QB, and I very much look forward to dedicating 100% of myself to being the best QB possible and winning NFL championships. I have started an extensive training program to further prepare myself for upcoming NFL workouts and interviews. I eagerly await the opportunity to continue to prove to NFL decision makers that I am the franchise QB in this draft."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/25973188/kyler-murray-says-fully-committed-being-nfl-quarterback

I think there are some teams that will take Murray off their board because of his size. But I also think there will be several teams that absolutely love him and envision him spearheading a "new NFL". Ultimately, I do think he'll go top 10.

There's a lot to like about Murray's game, and if he was 6' I'd be all over him. But at just under 5'10" with a tiny body, with very little starting experience? Too big a risk IMO.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:18 pm

There's great news guys! I just realized Tannehill has prototypical height at 6'4". We're all set!

Sorry, couldn't resist Twisted Evil
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:20 pm

Yeah, I wish him luck. Obviously if the 'Fins decide they love him and he falls to 13 I will be rooting for him bigtime. But I think baseball might have been his best bet to make a big splash when all is said and done. Time will tell.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:05 pm

Miami has to go all in on Kyler Murray!!!!!!!!! Let it be known that they need a QB and they need one bad and they are going to take one with their pick. At the end of the day you don't have to take him, you just need the appearance that you do. Hopefully, somebody behind us really wants him and willing to make a trade. Take the mind games to the next level. Flores has 5 years to fuck this shit up, might as well start with the mind games now. what do we have to lose? We need more picks!!!!! this is just one of the things that will help our cause.

Just MHO!!!!!
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:35 pm

If the Fins actually draft this shrimp, I'll know not to take this regime seriously.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:17 pm

Wonder how we'll he'd adjust to playing the slot.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:25 pm

Everyone wants Miami to make this move but I see Miami going after an edge rusher or LB in the first round.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:05 am

So, he just measured in at 5'10" and 1/8th. Weighed in at 207 lbs.

I think we can punt on the pipe dream of drafting him. Unless we are ready RIGHT NOW to trade a ton of assets (maybe including a guy like X Howard, plus multiple high draft picks) and secure the top pick. Even then, it looks to me like an extreme long shot.

I would not be at all surprised if Arizona takes him first overall. They are probably going to dump Rosen. You don't hire a new head coach and tell him "Hey, suffer with this guy at QB we drafted last season. Not sure if he's any good but the guy we fired kind of liked him..." Kingsbury is going to get Murray if he wants him. By many accounts, he wants him.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:47 am

207 lbs. is a huge win for Murray. Good for him. He can put a checkmark in that box now.

I'm absolutely convinced that he goes #1...probably to the Cardinals, but maybe in a trade.

Love the skillset...scared of the lack of size and lack of experience. But he'll be off the board long before we pick, so no need to worry about it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:54 am

Totally agree. My pick is the Cards. A King's Ransom MIGHT be enough to get them to trade.... but if Kingsbury is sold nothing changes their mind. QB is too important.

Miami does not have a shot. Not at all.

Let's go D Line or O Line. I don't care which.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:57 am

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:04 pm

white1 wrote:
Let's go D Line or O Line.  I don't care which.

Yep. I'd prefer DL, but fine either way as long as we build the trenches. Looking at positions I think we'll be able to grab some good OL in rounds 2-5....finding a pass rusher at 13 may be the best move.

That said, if CB Greedy Williams somehow falls to 13 I'm running to the podium!

One interesting thing to consider:
Jeffery Simmons is the 2nd best DT in this class IMO (behind Quinnen Williams), and he just tore his ACL. Could the Phins take Simmons in round 2 and give him a redshirt rookie season??? I'd have to STRONGLY consider it, because he's a tremendous talent.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:22 pm

That would match our philosophy. Build through the draft and build for the future. For a beast at DT would be a good move.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2