The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never too early to talk 2020: draft and free agency thread

5 posters

Go down

Never too early to talk 2020: draft and free agency thread Empty Never too early to talk 2020: draft and free agency thread

Post by JMP Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:19 am

Figured I'd start a thread to talk about potential 2020 draft picks and FA signings for the Phins. Feel free to add to it!

I'll start with free agency...

I don't expect the Phins to be major players for the top free agents. I think it is more likely that they target more under-the-radar guys that are young and just hitting their prime. There is one exception:

Patriots guard Joe Thuney

Thuney will be 27 in November, so he's still young for OL. He's arguably the best Guard on the planet, and will cost a fortune. Traditionally, the Patriots don't break the bank for FA OL.

If Thuney hits the open market, I'm backing up the Brinks truck and giving him whatever he wants. Then I'd put Thuney at LG and move Dieter to RG (or maybe the other way around if we draft the left-handed Tua...)

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Never too early to talk 2020: draft and free agency thread Empty Re: Never too early to talk 2020: draft and free agency thread

Post by rightchea Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:38 pm

oh first-pick.com will be extra fun this year.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Never too early to talk 2020: draft and free agency thread Empty Re: Never too early to talk 2020: draft and free agency thread

Post by rightchea Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:33 pm

first way too Early draft - I made a lot of trades and got a lot of players out of it. This is what I hope Miami does during the draft

Round 1 Pick 1: Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama (A)
Round 1 Pick 9: Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa (B+)
Round 1 Pick 31 (LAR): Michael Onwenu, OG, Michigan (B+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin (A-)
Round 2 Pick 25: Khalid Kareem, DE/OLB, Notre Dame (A-)
Round 2 Pick 26 (G.B.): Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama (B)
Round 3 Pick 9 (DEN): Jacob Phillips, ILB/OLB, LSU (A-)
Round 3 Pick 11 (DEN): Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame (B+)
Round 3 Pick 23 (TENN): Lorenzo Neal, DT, Purdue (A-)
Round 4 Pick 11 (DEN): Jared Pinkney, TE, Vanderbilt (A+)
Round 4 Pick 23: Josh Metellus, FS/SS, Michigan (A+)
Round 5 Pick 24 (N.O.): Richie Worship, FB, Purdue (C)
Round 6 Pick 1: Brendon Hayes, DE, Central Florida (B)
Round 6 Pick 25 (N.O.): Marquez Callaway, WR, Tennessee (B+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Tavien Feaster, RB, Clemson (B+)
Round 7 Pick 30: Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma (A)

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:58 am

I think I'd have to go DE and WR early...this draft looks deep at both positions. But that's a nice haul for sure!

Tua and Hurts - that would be great!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:49 am

I guess it depends on where we land in the Goodell First Annual Emergency Draft Lottery.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:04 am

Degarmo wrote:I guess it depends on where we land in the Goodell First Annual Emergency Draft Lottery.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:29 pm

Is Tua fools gold? Can he throw into tight windows,read a defense? I don’t see highlights where he does. All quarterbacks can hit wide open players.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:47 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Is Tua fools gold? Can he throw into tight windows,read a defense?  I don’t see highlights where he does.

Actually, those are his strong suits, and every highlight video shows that. He's incredibly accurate and his ball placement is second to none. Quick release, excellent at reading the field and choosing the best option - he can do it all. And he's doing it this year with a sub-par OL.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:22 pm

I just wonder if he can hold up in the NFL?

He gets dinged easily it seems like to me.

And Jalen Hurts in the 7th??

If he keeps playing like he has so far, I doubt he last until the 7th.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:07 pm

finfanatic wrote:I just wonder if he can hold up in the NFL?

He gets dinged easily it seems like to me.

I think Tua has a pretty solid frame...looks strong and sturdy. Built more like Russell Wilson than Pat White - and he has huge hands, which the scouts always seem to care about. He played the entire season in 2018 and hasn't missed time in 2019 so far, so I don't see it as a concern at this point. I wish he was taller, but that's my only negative.

As for Jalen Hurts...yes, if he continues at this pace he's not lasting long...may even sneak into the first round if he crushes he offseason.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:45 am

If Miami selects Tua number 1 do you think they could package their other two first round picks to get the DE from Ohio?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:27 pm

CarsonChris wrote:If Miami selects Tua number 1 do you think they could package their other two first round picks to  get the DE from Ohio?

Chase Young? I'd say he's a lock to go #2 right now, unless some of the QBs move up. He looks like he'd be a star in the NFL, and I think he'd be a great fit for the Phins. We'd have to see where our first round picks are, but it's definitely something I'd consider.

I think Young may be better than Nick Bosa, and as far as I know he doesn't have an injury history like Bosa.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down