The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fins vs Colts

+4
white1
DolFan 316
CarsonChris
JEGnj
8 posters

Go down

Fins vs Colts  Empty Fins vs Colts

Post by JEGnj Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:02 pm

Let's put last week's WIN behind us and get back to losing. Draft position is more important than meaningless wins. cheers
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Fins vs Colts  Empty Re: Fins vs Colts

Post by CarsonChris Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:19 pm

We can’t even tank properly. Getting beat by Cincinnati in that department

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:28 pm

CarsonChris wrote:We can’t even tank properly. Getting beat by Cincinnati in that department

Thank GOD the Falcons and Jets won too!!! Just one of those days I guess.

Still waiting on ESPN to bash the Bengals nonstop for their obvious tanking. You know, like they did when the Fins were winless. Then again if they really are determined to go 0-16 I might be calling for a lottery myself! The good news (or bad news) is that the trade deadline has passed and somewhere Grier is crying into a pillow Razz Laughing

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:43 pm

Before the bye: 0-4, -137 point differential (worst through the first 4 games in NFL history).

Since the bye: 2-3, -12 point differential. Led Bills at the half, led the Steelers by 14. (The largest lead the '07 team had all season was 9 BTW.)

I have no idea what the hell happened that week, but I am praying the entire team doesn't get busted for PEDs at once.

Now about that tanking talk...ESPN, you better start bashing some Bengals ASAP or you cannot be taken seriously ever again.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:53 pm

CarsonChris wrote:We can’t even tank properly. Getting beat by Cincinnati in that department

Fuck the Bengals. They can only take one QB away from us!!! It's the Redskins I'm worried about now. Grier might trade another 2nd away to take Haskins off their hands Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:03 pm

One hell of a game.

Yes, I think it’s time to stop the Find tanking talk and question what the Bengals are doing.

Omar still whining they are poorly coached. Yeah? What are the Colts then? I’m seeing guys play hard and physical and they don’t give up. I’ll take that all day any day. How they are winning with a roster comprised of undrafted free agents and waiver wire pickups.

If that’s poorly coached then I’m fine with it.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:06 pm

white1 wrote:One hell of a game.

Yes, I think it’s time to stop the Find tanking talk and question what the Bengals are doing.

Omar still whining they are poorly coached. Yeah? What are the Colts then? I’m seeing guys play hard and physical and they don’t give up. I’ll take that all day any day. How they are winning with a roster comprised of undrafted free agents and waiver wire pickups.

If that’s poorly coached then I’m fine with it.

I guess someone forgot to tell Oh-mah that they're doing this while supposedly indispensable players (Howard, Williams, Walton) are dropping like flies, which makes Flores look even better!

Also, it REALLY highlights how awful Cam was in '07 that he only managed one win with a roster that on paper blows this one away!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:49 am

JEGnj wrote:Let's put last week's WIN behind us and get back to losing. Draft position is more important than meaningless wins. cheers

Someone tell Flores and Fitz that these wins are meaningless.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:48 pm

Cam was an obvious Dufus at HC. He lost the team early on.

Flores started out sorta rough, even had me questioning his coaching ability, but he or someone, is pushing the right buttons, and making the necessary adjustments it seems like.

Heck, when I watch the highlights, I find myself going "Who the heck is that!?! And when did the Phins sign him?"

The Phins have definitely needed a HC who can get more from less, instead of a HC that gets Less from More.

Maybe....MAYBE...the Phins have finally found the HC they need.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:10 pm

Fins vs Colts  Ejgf0q10

Miami has improved so much that it shows in the stats.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:13 pm

GREAT POST, RIGHTCHEA!!! cheers cheers cheers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:27 am

This was funny

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:32 pm

We beat the dysfunctional Jets and 3rd string Colts. Yeah they got a few wins so they can celebrate in the locker room. Meaningless in the long term.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:08 pm

JEGnj wrote:We beat the dysfunctional Jets and 3rd string Colts. Yeah they got a few wins so they can celebrate in the locker room.  Meaningless in the long term.

I guess it doesn't look any better if the Jets beat the Giants since they are dysfunctional as well

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:04 pm

To be fair, the entire NFL is meaningless in the long term.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:06 pm

I would love to be a playoff team beating solid teams but these are only feel good wins for the guys getting paychecks.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:13 pm

Here's where we have to not worry too much about draft position. Guys like Rothelisberger, Brady, Rodgers, Marino, to name a few, all were later on in the 1st Round or later. The early picks generally are terrible teams with terrible GMs who pick terrible players as a matter of course, so, most of those early QBs fail HARD.

I'd rather we show some promise and have a GM that is worth a shit than lose them all just to pick some dud. I mean, even Andrew Luck ended up not doing what the Colts hoped from him, which was to win more Super Bowls, and that happened because they couldn't figure out what an offensive line was.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:12 pm

JEGnj wrote:I would love to be a playoff team beating solid teams but these are only feel good wins for the guys getting paychecks.

I hear ya. But it's starting to look like we have a potentially very good coaching staff - and that is HUGE for this team moving forward. If Grier and company are able to add legit talent in the offseason, we could have a very quick turnaround with these coaches.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:08 am

Gotta look at it like this Tannehill move to the Titans and is doing better than the people who was drafted above him. Lamar Jackson is doing better than the three QB that was drafted before him. RGIII is a third string QB. Josh Rosen is behind a Harvard man that was drafted in the 7th round. It more about how NFL ready are you then who well you do in College most of the time.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:13 am

Burrows is still the best though. Trust me on this Cool

Also, there's no point in Losing For Lawrence since that would imply that this team somehow managed to get worse under Flores than the 4-6 wins they'll apparently be having this season which means he'd have to go and so would Grier and there would be yet another franchise reboot.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down